Boozing With Lecturers

Remember what happened last night? Good. Now tell the world.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

GSG
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Boozing With Lecturers

Post by GSG »

There is a piece of graffiti around campus that says, "Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel - Oscar Wilde". The words 'patriotism' and 'Oscar Wilde' have been crossed out and replaced with 'The Crown' and 'Johnson'. The Crown is the 'wonderfully close to the department' pub and Johnson is a lecturer of mine. I'd just like to take this short time to honour a great boozing man with a great boozing wife. He's highly knowledgeable about everything he teaches and is supposed to be renowned in his field. He's an interesting alcoholic who always offers you a can of something when you go into his office, be it 9.30am or 5.30pm. He comes to The Crown between his lectures then trots off again for his next round of teaching. His wife is cool too. She always packs a banana for him to take to work to 'keep him healthy' and then boozes with the best of them in the evening. Cheers to Dr. Johnson for showing me that you really can be a stable, normal person AND drink more in a morning than even most of my student friends drinks in a week. I like my lecturers to be role models.
"Spiny norman wins on the bizzare terror stakes, if you haven't been stared at by a 40-foot hedgehog, you haven't lived." - Saltandgin

"Every time you don't get loaded, the terrorists win." - massivedrunk

WWDJFD?

Shot Time
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Shot Time »

Boy this Johnson character sounds like a real admirable guy.
Use to be cool

Shonus Andronicus

Post by Shonus Andronicus »

I wish I knew someone like that.
An ambulance can only go so fast.

-Neil Young

Borracho
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Borracho »

There are a lot of lecturers out there that would be professors if they weren't drunk so much. For that matter, education attracts a lot of people who want a schedule that allows one to wake up at 10 am. I am not being cynical, I speak from experience...

Borracho...
Never get married. It's cheaper to buy a house every ten years and give it to some woman you hate...