Airport Bartenders...?

Remember what happened last night? Good. Now tell the world.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

Duckhunt
Souse
Souse

Airport Bartenders...?

Post by Duckhunt »

So I'm in the Calgary airport flying home after a 10 day snowboard trip in BC. I know I got a few minutes before my boarding call, but not too sure exactly how many minutes...so I yell to my friends "meet you at the bar", and I run off to the bar.

Unsure of how much time I have, I just order a shot of tequilla. When I see some of my friends approaching, i'm guessing I have at least a few minutes, so I ask the bartender if I can also order a rum and coke. He's taking his sweet ass time ( the tequila is already gone) so as, he's inspecting the ice cubes, I say "actually, make that a double".

Then, this guy says to me, in a really arrogant way, "Afraid of flying, eh?!?!" Now, I'm not afraid of flying at all, I just like to drink, and found his comment quite offensive. So I say to him, "NO! I'm afarid of going back to work on Monday!"

Argh...

Plumber
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: Airport Bartenders...?

Post by Plumber »

Duckhunt wrote: "NO! I'm afarid of going back to work on Monday!"

Argh...
Aren't we all, aren't we all, thank god I have next monday off
"In Vomitus Veratis" - Hogbutler slogan

"Hope is fleeting, but a drink can always be refilled." -Badfellow

Duckhunt
Souse
Souse

Post by Duckhunt »

This monday, or next monday, because next monday is 'Easter Monday', so it's a Holiday :P lol (almost) everybody has it off! lol

headlessparrot
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by headlessparrot »

Duckhunt wrote:This monday, or next monday, because next monday is 'Easter Monday', so it's a Holiday :P lol (almost) everybody has it off! lol
are you fuckin' kidding me? I wish I had that shit off.

Christ it's gonna be a long day.

vat69
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by vat69 »

NEVER WORK - is a quotation often associated with the situationist international movement. they are artists, so they know best.

i dont work, and i still manage to get drunk every week. just as long as you are prepared to live on 2 minute noodles, life is sweet.

Oggar
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Oggar »

All my stories of airport bartenders involve layovers or delayed flights. My best was a flight to Pheonix. I got to the airport a coulpe hours before my flight, I like to have plenty of time to check-in and get some drinking in. It's part of my flying philosophy. From cruising altitude I figure it'd take about four minutes to hit the ground, I might have time to do a couple things during that time but getting drunk isn't one of them. On this particular occassion my flight had gotten delayed four hours. I met another guy who was on my flight at the bar and we commenced to drinking. I managed to spend almost $200 bucks before we left the ground. We continued pounding them down on the plane before they ran out of beer. Getting off the plane turned into it's own kind of hell. I found my luggage and wandered to the curb to wait for my friend to pick me up. It was July and ungodly hot in the early afternoon. I'd asked what his car looked like "It's a white sedan." he'd replied. If you've never been to Pheonix everybody drives a fucking white sedan! So after drunkenly baking in the sun for what seemed like an eternity I laid down on the sidewalk (which was very hot) using my suitcase for a pillow. A security gaurd or cop or something began hovering over me shortly thereafter. I was able to convince him from my prone position that I was neither a vagrant or a threat to his community. Soon aide arrived as my friend pulled up to the curb. I was off like a shot to drink even more. The rest of the weekend is blurry except getting yelled at by some sort of authority figure for using the apt. complex pool after hours, while drinking, and playing some variant of king on the mountain.
I can't write like Papa, you know I just ain't able
But if he came in here tonight, I'd drink him under the table -Ronny Elliott

RIP Mayhem, as long as I have a heart you are in it.

Lifer
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Lifer »

I've got a story about airport bars, I think I'll throw it it's own post though

thanks for the inspiration, Duckhunt
Bundy wrote:"I say Rooster old bean! sally forth with another pair of pink gins for these jolly lovely gels and we'll see if they arent up for a spot of rumpy pumpy before we have to dash off and give Jerry another sound thrashing, what? Tally ho!"

don't panic
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by don't panic »

THANK YOU! people always want to tack something on to the reason people drink. I drink because I want to. I drink because it makes my music sound better and the man I'm with look better. the hangovers make me feel guilty so I always go to work. It's like life's little gift to me for all the hardships i have gone through and really gives me a moment every evening to reflect on how great my life really is these days. fuck the people who try to find reason for drinking... drinking is the reason
I'm not drunk I just have a speech impediment...and a stomach virus...and a inner ear infection - Brian Griffin

it gives me a good feeling, like when you get drunk and fall asleep in the snow - Moe

fearless jim
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by fearless jim »

I didnt read all of those long posts, but let me interject....
I spent 5 days in vegas for my buddies bacholor party...coming back monday....walked up to the airport bar, ordered 3 beers (one for each of my riends, plus me) the bartender was quick to reply...'half price shots with every beeer....' something like 1.50-2.00 shots of jack, jager, etc.... he was offering this at l;ike 1 in ther afternoon on a monday,.....mabe it was just vegas but that bar was alright....
"Work is the curse of the drinking class"