Bali & Fungus (updated)

Remember what happened last night? Good. Now tell the world.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

Gin McGuinness
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Bali & Fungus (updated)

Post by Gin McGuinness »

Our trip to Bali was quite a trip... literally! We got there late Wednesday night and promptly went to the local pub and collected our fungus drinks. It's a combination of Tang-like orange drink mixed with vodka, triple sec & blended mushies. Not too bad actually but we ended up switching the orange drink with fresh blended strawberries... ten times better. The drink comes on quick and really takes over your senses. If anyone knows what I'm going on about, you'll understand that there are stages one must pass before the "dude, this is great" feeling comes on. For me, it took only 30 mins to get to the drunken stage with only one cup consumed and just over an hour later, I wanted to cut off my flesh because I felt every bug in Bali crawling over my skin. I kept thinking, "This is fun?" It's not something I recommend for everyone. My curiosity has been quenched and I won't be doing it again.
Image The drunkening stage... you can't stop laughing
Image Friend & Mr McG drinking the "tea"
A storm came in and the children were playing in the surf. The sunset that night was just amazing! Mr McG shot these pics. The sky was reflecting in the wet sand.... crazy!
ImageImageImage
Check out the kite flying just below the deck. The mind games you can play on yourself!Image
After all our trips, we decided to get a massage. It wasn't too bad. I tried the Indian oil massage (similar to Chinese water torture but with warm olive oil poured over your forehead and scalp.) But the ceiling was playing all kinds of tricks with my head! ImageImage
The last evening we were there, we stopped in at the local bar for our last go around with the fungus. Yes, I was punishing myself... but I looked across the road and saw this.... kinda weird! Cheers folks! Image
Last edited by Gin McGuinness on Mon May 01, 2006 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Personally I prefer the buzz between 'all is good and well in the universe with this glass' drunk and 'IM A FUCKING VIKING!' drunk." Impish Boozehound

Rowdydrunk79
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Re: Bali & Fungus

Post by Rowdydrunk79 »

Gin McGuinness wrote: Image
The drunkening stage... you can't stop laughing
Always the best stage. :) Cheers!
"Preacher! Go on down and get me some bourbon. J. T. S. Brown. No ice, no glass."
- Paul Newman, The Hustler
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/141203 ... F8&s=books

dez
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by dez »

It sounds like you had fun overall. :)
If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.
- Catherine Aird

fishy
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by fishy »

Those are some gorgeous sunset pics, congrats to Mr McG. And I'm glad you all had a nice time - yeah, those shroom drinks pack a kick or 12! :lol:
"The Internet, where men are men, women are men, and children are law enforcement officers."

Gin McGuinness
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Gin McGuinness »

I found some more pics...
here's the one with orange
Here's the one with strawberries
And Mr McG drinking "tea" for breakfast. Honestly I found drinking it just before breakfast to be easier as the trip wasn't so scary with the sun out.
"Personally I prefer the buzz between 'all is good and well in the universe with this glass' drunk and 'IM A FUCKING VIKING!' drunk." Impish Boozehound

Palmwine Drunkard
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Palmwine Drunkard »

Godessess and gods, I wish Sumatra was like that...
Malarial swamps and grumpy Muslims are my lot!
Oh, for the refreshing draught of a mushroom Zombi!!!
One can only dream!
Peace and Love to my friends!
"Nature is beautiful at its most violent and chaotic. Embrace the wildness, in the storm and in yourself. And meditate heavily with aid of Johnny Walker. You've got it right. Let it all keep turning."
(Raoul Duke)

Ace00
Souse
Souse

Post by Ace00 »

Cheers to a fun trip.
Or as one of my friends says: Nazda Rovia which is ruff Russian for good health.