Longest Geographical Blackout

Remember what happened last night? Good. Now tell the world.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

Borracho
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Longest Geographical Blackout

Post by Borracho »

I dont' hold this record among my own acquaintances, but it is an interesting, frighteningly familiar yet disconserting prospect.

In my worst period of binging I would occasionally wake up on the back seat of my car and have to drive around LA for maybe 5 to 10 minutes before I realized what part of town I was in. Sometimes it was in the middle of BFE and I would have to drive nearly an hour to get home.

More frequently I would head down to my old frat house, old girlfriend, or my cousins about an hour away, and have no recollection of even having left home.

My best story ever, and it wasn't me, was a friend of mine who went on the same travel study program I went on to Salzburg Austria in the early 80s. I will omit her full name for reasons of decorum and just use Sue B., but she was a tall cute blonde sorority girl, and she was a good party'er. Well she went up to the Oktoberfest in Munich.

Like I said, I wasn't there, until 1 year later anyway, but I heard the details... She passed out on the train heading back from Munich to Salzburg. When did she wake up.... oh well, when she was in yet a 3rd country... Yugoslavia.

Well, if you weren't a grown up back then, Yugoslavia was a communits country and they didn't think being in their country with docs was very funny. Fortunately, in this trip we transited Yugoslavia in October to to go Greece in Mid October, so she amazingly enough had a visa. She undrunkened up, looked out the window, saw Cyrillic print, which she couldn't read and jumped off the train. She then jumped back on one going the other way and headed back to Austria and Salzburg.

I would hate to have to do that myself, no less as a young attractive woman. I'm amazed she wasn't hurt in some way.

Anyway, anyone woke up in another country or another continent, or have a good blackout story?

Borracho...
Never get married. It's cheaper to buy a house every ten years and give it to some woman you hate...

massivedrunk

Post by massivedrunk »

I once woke up in Pittsburgh.
Still just figuring it all out. Still not really figuring it out.

Rowdydrunk79
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Rowdydrunk79 »

I once was partying on River St. in Savannah and the next thing I know I'm in the back seat of my roommates car, back in Aiken. It's 5 am and he want to know if I want to sleep there or come inside.
"Preacher! Go on down and get me some bourbon. J. T. S. Brown. No ice, no glass."
- Paul Newman, The Hustler
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/141203 ... F8&s=books

Cheffie
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Cheffie »

No but I have woken up on the NYC subway at the end of the line in the Brooklyn trainyard at 4:00 AM.

"Plus que ma propre vie" -more than my own life - 10

"Boom de a dah!!!"

"shey shey lang loi! (thank you pretty girl!)"- Palmwine

flyinhighinCO
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

blackout like you mean it

Post by flyinhighinCO »

A buddy of mine once woke up to the sound of the vacuum. He sat up and was in a booth of a bar he doesn't remember going to with the morning cleaning crew doing their job.
You'll be the one rollin' on the floor askin' for another one. I'll be the last one standin' up tellin' everyone we just begun.Get the bruises to prove it.-Eddie Spaghetti

fearless jim
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by fearless jim »

I have been drinking in bars in Manhattan...hoped on a subway, wake at the end of Brooklyn, switch trains...end up at the end of the bronx...get home 3 hours after i left the bar (which was a 10 minute cab ride, but i spent all my cab fare and only had my metro card)...

my dad tells us a story how he went down from nyc to philly to party with his buddies from high school that were in college down there.....got to philly...his friends decided to surprise their other friends in hartford Connecticut....they make it to Connecticut....party there...then my dad wakes up from his blak out in Montreal......they kept the party rolling and took the train form philly to hartford to Montreal.........
"Work is the curse of the drinking class"

El_tercero
Tippler
Tippler

Post by El_tercero »

This thread reminds me of another Japan story. Some friends and I were tying one on pretty hard at this little Mexican restaurant in Ochanomizu. It's a university district in the center of Tokyo.

We were drinking tequila and paying a hefty price for it. I was pretty hammered but not as bad as my friends. At midnight we realised we'd missed the last train so my mates settled in to wait for the first train at 5am. Fortunately for me I lived in Shinjuku, about a 30 minute wobbling ride home on my trusty Chinese-made shopping bicycle. I'd probably already had about $100 worth of booze and food and figured I'd cut my losses and head home.

When I came out of the bathroom prepared to say my goodbyes my Liverpudlian amigo Tim had his pants around his knees and was telling the waitress he loved her. Great.

They knew us and we were the only customers so they were nice enough to let us stay and chill until the five A.M. first train on the Chuo line. I knew better and left.

Three days later I ran into Tim at Ochanomizu. He was grey and looked very serious. This was very unlike him so I asked what was wrong. He asked me if I knew anything about the night at the Mexican place. I didn't obviously. The problem was neither did he.

The Chuo line runs East to West directly through Tokyo. From Tokyo Station to its western terminus is about two and a half hours. So when you fall asleep or are really drunk you end up going back and forth until you regain unconsciousness.

The last thing Tim remembered about the tequila night was going into the restaurant. When he next regained consciousness and memory he was stretched out across the seats on the Chuo line. It was Friday morning at nine. Rush hour. There were people all around talking and moving. The train was packed, yet he was taking up four seats laying down. He said he couldn't bear to open his eyes. Then he realised he had thrown up all over himself and the seat and floor, and he had pissed himself as well. He was wearing a suit still. And he had no idea where he was or how he had gotten there. He finally opened his eyes and realised there was a big semi-circle of open space around him, and people were giving him looks of hate. Fucking hell. That tops my waking up in the homeless tent.

He staggered out of the train and onto the platform which was mercifully near where he was going. Then he managed to drag himself home.

He didn't drink for a long time after that. But six months or so later he was back on the bottle. That definitely shook him up though. Waking up in your own vomit and piss on a rush hour train in the middle of Tokyo can do that to a man.

bourbonbastard
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by bourbonbastard »

Once I woke up at the end of The Red Line in South Chicago... I lived in the North Burbs at the time...... I had a 18-inch bright red mohawk and someone had tagged me with markers at some point.... which I didn't know until I made it home.....

Another time I woke up in Toledo, Ohio...... with my friend's car and girlfriend....... I lived in Flint, Michigan.... He is still my friend......

Another time I woke up and it was 2004......