Where NOT to be hung over

Remember what happened last night? Good. Now tell the world.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Bundy
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Bundy »

on a coach stuck in midday traffic in Kuala Lumpur.... mudbutt... no toilet on coach...... thinking "Don't shit yourself, don't shit yourself, don't shit yourself....."

Gin McGuinness
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Gin McGuinness »

Saturday - 0830 netball practice for 50 8 yr olds!

In a taxi with a driver that thinks bunny hopping thru traffic will excite you.

Anywhere in the blazing equatorial sun!
"Personally I prefer the buzz between 'all is good and well in the universe with this glass' drunk and 'IM A FUCKING VIKING!' drunk." Impish Boozehound

Bundy

Post by Bundy »

Mistress Gin Ching wrote:Saturday - 0830 netball practice for 50 8 yr olds!

see, should have run down that grassy cliff with me, that undrunkened me up in a damn hurry i can tell you

Gin McGuinness
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Gin McGuinness »

Sir Francis Bundy wrote:
Mistress Gin Ching wrote:Saturday - 0830 netball practice for 50 8 yr olds!

see, should have run down that grassy cliff with me, that undrunkened me up in a damn hurry i can tell you
No thank you! I like the comfortable numb feeling I get from booze. It's too expensive to just swill and undrunk back up!
"Personally I prefer the buzz between 'all is good and well in the universe with this glass' drunk and 'IM A FUCKING VIKING!' drunk." Impish Boozehound

Bundy

Post by Bundy »

yes, but i was an inspiration to little kids everywhere.....

Little Kid: "Dad, could you run down that hill?"

Kid's Dad: "No way, you'd have to be crazy to do that."

Little Kid: "Crazy.... LIKE A BUNDY!!!"

themachine
Tippler
Tippler

Re: Where NOT to be hung over

Post by themachine »

At my old job, as a meat cutter.

Picture this, your typical hangover, headache, dizziness, nausea, all that stuff that we know so well. Now picture having to go into a room, that is kept at a constant 42 degrees Fahrenheit, multiple bright fluorescent lights overhead, everything in the room is either bright white or shiny chrome, so your eyes hurt just looking around. There are multiple barrels in the room, full of rotting meat, the smell fills the entire place and punches you in the face. There are multiple saws and grinders running, so there is a constant noise. Your job is to take chunks of bloody raw meat and grind them up into hamburger, than wrap it up in plastic by hand. Your only relief comes when a customer knocks on the door, only to ask you to do some task that is both incredibly stupid and a pain in the ass. Now to top it all off, you have to be there at 8 am and stay until 8 pm. That was pretty much every Sunday for me for like 2 years. I don't recommend it.

Uncle Gary
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Uncle Gary »

Doing weld inspections on a ship building project in New Orleans in July.
No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full. -- Sulla's Epitaph

Illiniwek

Post by Illiniwek »

Walked into a Sonic once with a wicked hangover. The smell of the grease alone had me running out to puke on the dumpster.

Rip Rufus
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway
Location: On the border of Pineys Everywhere and Gaudy Summer Homes. Not far from Ghetto in the Woods.

Post by Rip Rufus »

Mid-morning staff meetings. After the initial panic of "Oh Shit, I have 30 minutes to shower, dress, and get to work" wears off once you're in the office, then the hangover kicks in full force around 10:00 A.M. Pounding headache, eyelids that feel like they weigh as much as the fatty you banged the night before, cotton-mouth, and reeking of booze despite the shower, cologne, mouthwash, and aftershave (and you didn't even shave this morning!) Sitting in a comfortable office chair trying to stay awake while the bosses (all 3 or 4 of them) keep rehashing the same shit from last weeks meeting.
"You know, you remind me of a poem I can't remember, and a song that may never have existed, and a place I'm not sure I've ever been to." - A.J.S.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Driving eastbound into Phoenix, at rush-hour, with the sun in your eyes, hungover.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Grace O'Malley
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Grace O'Malley »

Being married to my husband, the morning after an office party that I unknowingly (really) mixed a lot of booze at. I'd already been barfing and had the headache from satan, and Hubby made me get up, eat a big breakfast, all for the benefit of our son and his friend.
Mayhem is everywhere.

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

How does you eating benefit them?
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

JohnnyT

Post by JohnnyT »

this is where not to be hungover:

driving back home from Vegas. you've just spent three days with minimal sleep, constant booze, maybe one or two decent meals. if your body consumes one more ounce of booze you are sure it will just quit on you.

it's fucking hot outside. the air conditioning is cranked but you're still sweating like the proverbial whore in church. you've got the shakes. you can't believe you have a 4.5 hour drive ahead of you. Fuck! why didn't you fly? you've got just enough gas money to get home because you were an idiot and didn't quit while you were ahead at that blackjack table at mandalay bay. instead you went over to the palms and stayed up boozing until 5 AM all while getting cleaned out at a craps table.

your guts are in full revolt. everybody wants out, both exits. and now you're panicking because there's a not a bathroom until the stateline and you're not sure you'll make it that far. you need a xanax but they're packed away in your bag in the trunk.

you're sure this is not going to end well, until.....salvation! there's whiskey pete's up ahead!

you run inside, empty your guts in the last stall then calmly proceed to the bar for a bloody mary and a Heineken. the rest of the drive is a piece of cake.

Uncle Gary
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Uncle Gary »

JohnnyTequila wrote:this is where not to be hungover:

driving back home from Vegas. you've just spent three days with minimal sleep, constant booze, maybe one or two decent meals. if your body consumes one more ounce of booze you are sure it will just quit on you.

it's fucking hot outside. the air conditioning is cranked but you're still sweating like the proverbial whore in church. you've got the shakes. you can't believe you have a 4.5 hour drive ahead of you. Fuck! why didn't you fly? you've got just enough gas money to get home because you were an idiot and didn't quit while you were ahead at that blackjack table at mandalay bay. instead you went over to the palms and stayed up boozing until 5 AM all while getting cleaned out at a craps table.

your guts are in full revolt. everybody wants out, both exits. and now you're panicking because there's a not a bathroom until the stateline and you're not sure you'll make it that far. you need a xanax but they're packed away in your bag in the trunk.

you're sure this is not going to end well, until.....salvation! there's whiskey pete's up ahead!

you run inside, empty your guts in the last stall then calmly proceed to the bar for a bloody mary and a Heineken. the rest of the drive is a piece of cake.
This post is why I love this board.
No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full. -- Sulla's Epitaph

Jack McBingington
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by Jack McBingington »

At a green beret graduation ceremony, outdoors in the ungodly heat of a North Carolina November(it just isn't right). Trying to keep yourself together because your mother in law is right next to you and if there's one thing she dislikes more than your parenting style, it's your drinking habits. Twenty feet away there is a tent filled with ice cold water and carb filled treats, but you can't touch them until all this bullshit is over. You can't even tell which one is your husband, and you have no idea what anybody is talking about. Finally it ends, but not before a 20 gun salute and a song about your husband dying.

Waitressing isn't usually much fun, either, depending on which bartender is on. My sense of smell is very heightened when I'm hungover, and everything smells bad. My manager wasn't my biggest fan, and he made it very clear that he did not appreciate my frequent puking.
Ladies and gentlemen of the jury...I'm just a caveman.

"Give me the laptop. I'm going to write a blog that will change the Democratic party."--Me, apparently.