The Blackout Thread

Remember what happened last night? Good. Now tell the world.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

UnkleLemmy
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by UnkleLemmy »

One of my British mates asked me the other day,"Jake, you drink a lot. Why do I get blackouts everytime I drink?" I told him, "Who cares, just enjoy them and make up a fun story for what you did during that time." I like to say I was in the Middle East carrying out a secret assasination for the CIA.

Scarily though, after his last drinking binge he woke up the next morning without any money but with a bag of cocaine in his pocket. Remember children, narcotics dealers and drinking binges do NOT mix. If you absolutely have to buy some coke do it before the bender. Your much less likely to trade your sister for an 8 ball that way.
Savage: "Unkle Lemmy looks just like his avatar, and that is hawt. Also, he sends me a crate of bourbon every month and for this, when I die, he will inherit my castle in Savagonia, and my 72 virgins. (They are all good boys, and very hard workers.)"

Quizmaster
Souse
Souse

Post by Quizmaster »

Your point being..? (If you knew my sister, you'd know what I mean).
-One for the road and one more for my baby...

DrunkEveryAfternoon
Souse
Souse

Post by DrunkEveryAfternoon »

VodkaHero wrote:Haha ya I love it. It's like waking up christmas morning and opening all your presents, you never know what yer gonna get. I can't wait to hear what I drank, who I hit on and who I tried to fight.
agreed couldn't have said it better myself
Drink to your fullest.......then vomit and repeat

DrunkEveryAfternoon
Souse
Souse

Post by DrunkEveryAfternoon »

UnkleLemmy wrote:One of my British mates asked me the other day,"Jake, you drink a lot. Why do I get blackouts everytime I drink?" I told him, "Who cares, just enjoy them and make up a fun story for what you did during that time." I like to say I was in the Middle East carrying out a secret assasination for the CIA.

Scarily though, after his last drinking binge he woke up the next morning without any money but with a bag of cocaine in his pocket. Remember children, narcotics dealers and drinking binges do NOT mix. If you absolutely have to buy some coke do it before the bender. Your much less likely to trade your sister for an 8 ball that way.
whats wrong with trading your sister? it will save you $150 and alot of headaches
Drink to your fullest.......then vomit and repeat

deadpuppiesandwhores
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by deadpuppiesandwhores »

i've always enjoyed the morning game of "where's my truck?"

not that i would ever endorse drunk driving, but y'know... blackout and who fucking knows what happens?
road to hell is paved with unbought stuffed dogs.
"I AM TOO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN."
colonel sanders

http://meetme.hotornot.com/r/?emid=K8ERHQN

i'm not saying i beat the devil, but i drank his beer for nothin'.... then i stole his song.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Hitchhiking home with your buddy because neither one of you can remember where her car is (uhm, I think we parked it on a street somewhere, or something) is not fun. Parking on a severe downgrade and then having to force your car to reverse up it to get to the street is not fun, especially when you discover (several blocks away) that the reason the car balked was because you had the freaking emergency brake on. I do not do these things anymore. I make undrunk people drive me about.
like tears in rain

Oggar
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Oggar »

Ah the classic missing vehicle DPAW. Reminds me of one of my favorites. I woke up on my living room floor surrounded by empty bottles of cider and a wide open liquor cabinet, nothing so unusual.

I'm supposed to go to a movie with a friend around 4pm. I make the phone call to make sure we're still on. So I walk out to the driveway and strangely my car is missing. This strikes me as somewhat odd as at this time I live 5 miles from a bar (the farthest I have
ever lived)... So I call back and inform him he will need to pick me up. "Why," he asks.
"My cars not here."
"Where is it?" he asks.
"It not in front of your house?" I say with confusion.
"No..."

I discovered to my astonishment that I had not been drinking with said friend the previous night, that was 2 nights ago he reminds me. Instead I had met up with several other people after leaving the radio staion with some bands I was partying with. I begin to think perhaps I had left my car at the radio station. I was wrong. We check a couple bar parking lots before locating it. Apparently after I left them at the first bar I met up with a girl I knew and some of her friends and they had given me a ride home. I had declared there would be a "party at my house" but I don't remember it... I was just happy my car hadn't been impounded.
I can't write like Papa, you know I just ain't able
But if he came in here tonight, I'd drink him under the table -Ronny Elliott

RIP Mayhem, as long as I have a heart you are in it.

Chelsea40oz
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Chelsea40oz »

From this week's Onion:

Woman Assures Friend She Has Blackouts From Drinking All The Time
COLUMBUS, OH—When Yolanda Franks expressed concern that friend Becky O'Neill couldn't remember the second half of an apartment-warming party Saturday, O'Neill assured her that she has blackouts all the time. "It's no big deal," O'Neill said Tuesday. "Sure, I had a bit too much too drink, but I got to work Monday fine. No need to worry." O'Neill added that she just shakes off her frequent blackouts, as she does the occasional unplanned pregnancy. 

You're out of your league, go back to your own village!

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Chelsea40ozBondage! wrote:From this week's Onion:

Woman Assures Friend She Has Blackouts From Drinking All The Time
COLUMBUS, OH—When Yolanda Franks expressed concern that friend Becky O'Neill couldn't remember the second half of an apartment-warming party Saturday, O'Neill assured her that she has blackouts all the time. "It's no big deal," O'Neill said Tuesday. "Sure, I had a bit too much too drink, but I got to work Monday fine. No need to worry." O'Neill added that she just shakes off her frequent blackouts, as she does the occasional unplanned pregnancy. 
I think I know that girl! Did Becky used to live in Indiana?
like tears in rain

Messenger
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Fuckin' Blackouts

Post by Messenger »

Not the ones you're thinking of, but the electtric sort. A little while ago, I had a great and eloquent response typed up for a thread here. But, sometime between when I finished it and when I submitted it, the power went out, and my brillliance, or idiocy, or whatever in between,was lost.

Really, there are way too many power outages around here. I don't know what theey're doing, but they keep trying to improve things by making the power go out more than
"Well, good times come and good times go. I only wish the good times would last a little longer."

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

They are trying to control your mind. If you find yourself thinking of rhinocerouses and tacos at the same time, they've taken control of your mind.

Get out! Get out of your mind! The threat is coming from inside your mind!
like tears in rain

thirsty4beer
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by thirsty4beer »

"open your miiind!"
mine's a pint

Jukebox Johnson
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Jukebox Johnson »

Get a UPS (Uninterruptable Power Supply) for your computer. They cost about $40 at OfficeMax or anywhere like that.
The greater our knowledge increases, the greater our ignorance unfolds.

Bender!
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Bender! »

In this third world state, the power goes down more often than a five dollar
Alcoholic is a medical term, Drunkard is a lifestyle. ~ Junkman.

Jukebox Johnson
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Jukebox Johnson »

Same here. I even have a generator for longer outages.
The greater our knowledge increases, the greater our ignorance unfolds.