The Blackout Thread

Remember what happened last night? Good. Now tell the world.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: The Blackout Thread

Post by oettinger »

Yesterday I managed to pass out during a black out. Top that modern drunks!
Drink!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

I did two loads of wash while blacked out last night. Even got the first load in the dryer.

machinehead
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by machinehead »

Hukai or hukue

I remember
Getting into
An argument
With my buds
Girlfriend
While getting
Loaded in a
TGI Fridays
I stormed out
Got on my
XL250R Honda
Woke up at
Home 30 miles
Away
Regretted the
Argument in
Retrospect

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Pussy, you aint blaked out you caonld type,
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Patchez wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:46 pm
Pussy, you aint blaked out you caonld type,
I'll seccccond dthis,
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Yeah but nothing beats waking up from a blackout from getting "roopied". Love Jo Koy!
Okole maluna!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Some Blackouts

Post by Hugh »

The landlord asked me to temporarily remove my window AC unit so that he could take photos of the building for his insurance company. (Insurance companies don't like window AC units.) It's a pain in the ass, window units are heavy, but I took it out and set it on the rug until I could decide whether or not I would put it back in, or throw it away and buy a new one. This morning I get out of bed and there's my rug without a window AC unit sitting on it. I *do* remember considering sneaky ways of disposing of it - you can't just throw them in the trash because it's illegal here in California. I thought maybe I could toss it in the Dumpster across the alley, or maybe drive it to a remote location and leave it.

It's not in the Dumpster across the alley - I just checked. I hope I wasn't driving around drunk last night with it in the trunk of my car. But I don't know where it is.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Some Blackouts

Post by oettinger »

Did you consider throwing it out the window?

Why did you oblige in the first way anyway? Sorry landlord, I won`t take my Hitler flag off the window. You come get it pussy
Drink!

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

Hugh wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:46 am
The landlord asked me to temporarily remove my window AC unit so that he could take photos of the building for his insurance company. (Insurance companies don't like window AC units.) It's a pain in the ass, window units are heavy, but I took it out and set it on the rug until I could decide whether or not I would put it back in, or throw it away and buy a new one. This morning I get out of bed and there's my rug without a window AC unit sitting on it. I *do* remember considering sneaky ways of disposing of it - you can't just throw them in the trash because it's illegal here in California. I thought maybe I could toss it in the Dumpster across the alley, or maybe drive it to a remote location and leave it.

It's not in the Dumpster across the alley - I just checked. I hope I wasn't driving around drunk last night with it in the trunk of my car. But I don't know where it is.
Oh shit....What would Drunk Hugh do?

I mean, what'd you do with the T.V. you didn't want? And it's pretty heavy, so you couldn't have gotten too far just carrying the thing. It's gotta be somewhere in the immediate vicinity.

Have you checked your trunk, for like water or anything? Those things leak like crazy. Maybe some wet spots are still there.

This is a goddamn mystery.
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Get just as drunk as you were when you lost it.

This verisimilar configuration of the neural-statespace is more conducive to recollection.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Doesn't like TVs, ACs or end tables. Poor, poor bastard.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Yeah, get drunk
Drink!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Hugh wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:46 am
Sounds like Dear Booze about his dead hookers.
Okole maluna!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Man drunkards...I don't know what's going on, but lately my weekend drinking has turned into blackouts. My weeknight drinking is the same because I don't go as hard, but man oh man I am hating what is happening lately.

I don't know what changed either, except for the weather being unseasonably warm. And possibly early onset dementia. Perhaps the booze is going down more quickly in the sun, I dunno. I still don't eat enough or drink enough water which doesn't help, but I am always like that on the weekends. Upon review of the bottles consumed the end of the weekend, it appears we drank the same amount. But seriously, like, four times recently I have no recollection after a certain point and I wished I could say it's because I passed out, but nope, I had to carry on anyway like a total dickhead. And I can't even remember the last time I have blacked out. Pretty sure it's been years.

I know things went awry when I wake up the next morning still wearing my clothes from the previous day. I am not that type of drunkard like the AbFab ladies. I am never the drunk that needs someone to change my diaper and put me to bed. I always consciously put myself to bed after a bedtime snack, putting on some PJ's, and turning on the tele as I slither under my blankie to pass out.

Not lately. I wake up in the same clothes, groggy and disoriented, wondering how I even made it to bed, trying to recollect a night I have no memory of. I was doing stupid shit with lots of confusion, anger, and frustration, bickering with oett. There were attempts to play darts and Kniffel (German Yahtzee) and I was wildly fking that up. So basically I was upright and breathing, but non-functioning. Why can't I just be a fun drunk during these times? Why can't I just lay there and watch a funny movie or something? Nope, total annoying dumbass.

I apologized to oett but he doesn't mind and takes it like a champ. But I just have to say I don't like it, I don't know what has changed, and I tried to cut back / start drinking later / eating & hydrating more etc. to avoid this crap. But it's got to stop. It's retarded. And embarrassing! Thank god I haven't been on Skype during those times!

Okole maluna!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

^^^ Maybe even though you're drinking the same amount you're just drinking it that much faster on the weekends?