Famous people that you've encountered in a bar!

Remember what happened last night? Good. Now tell the world.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

LuckyStrikes
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by LuckyStrikes »

bottomsup wrote:That's quite a list Lucky...drinks with the Clash, awesome.
I did make it up, entirely.
Voices tell me to buy the bigger bottle!

deadpuppiesandwhores
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by deadpuppiesandwhores »

drank with edgar winter's band once. nice guys, even when i got stupid drunk and started insulting them all (not intentionally) they put up with me with a smile. met iron maiden once. they cracked me up. i can't believe people actually listened to their music, very entertaining. old men wearing skin tight black denim pants with beer guts hangin' over all but one, the skinny one let me play his guitar.
road to hell is paved with unbought stuffed dogs.
"I AM TOO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN."
colonel sanders

http://meetme.hotornot.com/r/?emid=K8ERHQN

i'm not saying i beat the devil, but i drank his beer for nothin'.... then i stole his song.

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

MAIDEN RULZ!
Last edited by Frankennietzsche on Thu Oct 02, 2003 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

bottomsup
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by bottomsup »

deadpuppiesandwhores wrote:drank with edgar winter's band once. nice guys, even when i got stupid drunk and started insulting them all (not intentionally) they put up with me with a smile. met iron maiden once. they cracked me up. i can't believe people actually listened to their music, very entertaining. old men wearing skin tight black denim pants with beer guts hangin' over all but one, the skinny one let me play his guitar.
I saw Iron Maiden back in the day, it was a great show...the best part is the opening act was Twisted Sister! ha ha
"Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time."
-Catherine Zandonella

deadpuppiesandwhores
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by deadpuppiesandwhores »

we had back stage passes and front row center seats and i can honestly say it was the first time i ever heard them. i'm not saying it wasn't entertaining, i just think i founmd it entertaining in a different fashion than everyone else. i was laughing my ass off.
road to hell is paved with unbought stuffed dogs.
"I AM TOO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN."
colonel sanders

http://meetme.hotornot.com/r/?emid=K8ERHQN

i'm not saying i beat the devil, but i drank his beer for nothin'.... then i stole his song.

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Maiden in the last ten years or so has been terrible. In the 80's they were great! Any albulm up to and including "Somewhere in Time." I know it sound juvenile, a 30-something year od man liking Maiden, but it just takes me back.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

bottomsup
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by bottomsup »

Frankennietzsche wrote:Maiden in the last ten years or so has been terrible. In the 80's they were great! Any albulm up to and including "Somewhere in Time." I know it sound juvenile, a 30-something year od man liking Maiden, but it just takes me back.
exactly...
"Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time."
-Catherine Zandonella

The Pooba
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by The Pooba »

I met Luke Walton (Bill Walton's son), the basketball player once. And the band Ministry. They were really fun guys, we went back to the tour bus and drank and listed to old Buck Owens records.

Jimmy&Guinney
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Jimmy&Guinney »

I was drinking with the bass player of Floggin Molly in St Paul this past August. I was at a party with the Boys of the Lough last March. Those may not be exactly celberties, but I thought it was pretty cool.
And they say her flower is faded now
Hard weather and hard booze
But maybe that's just the price you pay
For the chains you refuse

The Pooba
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by The Pooba »

Flogging Molly are celebs in my book, that is one righteous f'ing band! They need to do some touring dammit.

Chelsea40oz
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Chelsea40oz »

deadpuppiesandwhores wrote: i just think i founmd it entertaining in a different fashion than everyone else. i was laughing my ass off.
I've seen them a couple a times, free tickets and friends with cheesy taste. Or was it once and then Slayer the second time? Yeah. I thought the fashion was very entertaining as well. On both counts.

You're out of your league, go back to your own village!

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

This August, the manager and guitar player from Joan Jett and the Blackhearts came in the bar after the fair. They were pretty cool untill the end of the night; they wanted beer after we had closed the register (at 4am.) Then they acted like they were required special liberties because they were 'famous' and they hadden't heard Last Call. I would've gladly pocketed their cash, but I wasn't in charge and they started to get uppity.

lazzy lester
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by lazzy lester »

I had Spammer's Mom in me local pub......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... sorry, that's a lie....
I DRINK IN ORDER NOT TO CRY

Resident Asshole
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Re: Famous peop's u've encountered in ur bar!

Post by Resident Asshole »

Bringin' up an old thread here. Met this dude in Hollywood who toured with Radiohead. We left the bar and he told me to go to the store and buy whatever we wanted and put it on his tab. We then got shitfaced and he offered to pay me $50 to kiss my friend, which I would have done but I thought I might be gay.
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

Jim
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Re: Famous peop's u've encountered in ur bar!

Post by Jim »

I had a drink with Nature Boy Rick Flair at a bar in Norfolk many years ago.