Wedding Fight!

Remember what happened last night? Good. Now tell the world.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

daphne
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God
Location: Washington. Home of JZ Knight and other nuts, which is why we drink here.

Wedding Fight!

Post by daphne »

I was asked to bartend for a neighbor's cousin's wedding this weekend. My neighbors have been there for me quite a bit, so I figured it was the absolute least I could do. (besides, neighbor's hubby is my Jim Beam shot partner).

Saturday night I tended for a nice, small reception of about 100 people with a free, no cash bar. The mixers weren't there when I first set up (no pop, etc.), so I had to wing it until the reserves showed up. All in all I had a really nice time. I made around 60 in tips and was paid 100 bucks for the night. I say to myself, not bad for 7 hours of having fun, moving around a bit, and doing some shots with my neighbor.

Then, a brawl started. I'm not talking a little shovey match. I'm talking a brawl. You know, the kind where you have about 10 to 15 drunk, young college bulls (and can you believe I got hit on by someone who graduated in 2002? yes, beer goggles are alive and well in the pacific northwest, because I'm 36 years old) who don't even know why they're fighting after the first person gets shoved. Someone fell into someone or something was said to someone's girl, then the chest-bumping thing started, and I think to myself, 'oh shit. someone's going to grab something off the bar and smack someone with it'. I was afraid to leave my post. The fight go so bad that there were at one time 4 couples of dudes on the ground pounding it out. One of them was my neighbor. Damned Jim Beam.

There were guys just looking for someone to hit. I think I was in shock at all of it. Never have I seen a fight that close that was that bad. Blood and smashed marischino cherries were all over the place.

The bar got knocked so badly that the cups went everywhere.

Finally, the fight broke up and it went outside. And, the worst part was that there was no phone in the place and no one's cell phone could get a signal. What bullshit is that? What is someone was seriously hurt? We had no way of calling for help. I was OK, though. I have a Myotron. I got it out because I was not going to get smacked by a couple of partying wildboys.

Finally, the fight ended and someone took the opportunity of me cleaning up to steal a double fifth of Seagrams from the bar and stumbling out with it. I figured, hell, if he's got balls that big, then let him take the thing.

All in all, it was an interesting evening. I was the glad the bride and groom were gone by the time the fight broke out, incidentally. I ended up getting to bring home a giant bottle of Malibu rum, some well rum, a bottle of champagne, some melon liqueur, and something else I forgot. I got paid, had some entertainment, got some booze, and know that at least I can still attract a drunk college boy (like that's hard). Har. I think I should bartend more weddings.

Anyone been to a wedding fight lately?I
RIP Frederick and my beloved GatorX
You deserve all the puffery you can get
daph and grip say "bourbony goodness!"
http://daphneszoo.com/

bella
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by bella »

my cousins wedding last june at this hotel.. a couple of shady guys walked right onto the dance floor and into the back kitchen with backpacks during their first dance! the police where right there.. they ran into the kitchen in the back and were arrested.. The captain of the police was at the wedding... they were wanted in 2 states or someshit.. Its all on tape.. it was nuts.. i was drunk.. it was open bar all night..
me loves the voddie

rune
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by rune »

,,,And I thought the Ellensburgh rodeo was wild,,,I gotta get out to Yelm more often.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

You drink Jim Beam and own a Myotron? Maybe it's the beer goggles talking, but that makes me kinda frisky.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

daphne
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God
Location: Washington. Home of JZ Knight and other nuts, which is why we drink here.

Post by daphne »

Yes. If MADD knew I drunk and shocked, I'd be in a world of old biddy hurt...................

Rowdydrunk79
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Rowdydrunk79 »

Damn, was the photographer still there? Situations like this make for great action shots.
"Preacher! Go on down and get me some bourbon. J. T. S. Brown. No ice, no glass."
- Paul Newman, The Hustler
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/141203 ... F8&s=books

daphne
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by daphne »

Unfortunately not. The people who took pics had all but left at that point. There were those disposable cameras on the tables, but those were used up.

All I have is my memories and 162 dollars, which, mostly got used for my one kid's dentist bill. Money well-spent, save for the hootch it could have purchased.

Talk about something funny to slip into their photo albums, eh?

John_D
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by John_D »

Back in 2002 a mate got married and I and the then wife attended. The groom's brother turned up with - in hindsight - no intention of anything other than causing trouble. For some stupid reason I ended up breaking it up and copping one in the mouth for my troubles...

In my opinion, it ain't a wedding bash worth going to unless the police are called at some point
Better to drink to forget than forget to drink