Gameday

Remember what happened last night? Good. Now tell the world.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

jbk
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Gameday

Post by jbk »

what a nice saturday. started off at 9am with the mrs dropping me off at the bus depot, a thermos full of gin & tonic, a 200ml bottle of makers & a flask of evan williams. 3 salmon skin hand rolls for the bus ride up to boulder. it started snowing in westminster, which made me unhappy as i had a sweatshirt, pants & fleece on. no gloves or other water repellant gear. the bus stops after my 48 oz of g&t and sushi rolls were in my belly. stops right by a liquor store at broadway & baseline. i wander in, and lo& behold a 12 pack of heinekin keg cans is only $8.99. what a bargain.

my buddy e picks me up at said liquor staore & we proceed to the taligaiting spot, which happens to be the yard of a church right off campus. meet with a couple friends of his, named buzz & john. got to love partying with a guy named buzz, cuz you are sure to catch one. by 10:30 i had knocked backa couple cans, plus the aforementioned g&t's. then buzz takes out the jeremiah weed 100 proof bourbon. with the wind and chill in the air, it makes me nice and warm inside. myself & e proceed to knock back the remainer of the 12 pack in short time, along with the remainder of my evan williams. still have had no food, mixing bourbons, with g&t's and skunky beer. normally, this is a bad idea for my ulcer. i dont feel sick, and soon enough, some chicken & a twice baked potatoe show up on a plate. woot, that helps.

around 12:45 we stumble over to the gate to get in. we dtermine there, that my ticket stub has been torn away somehow. i am bummed as it might be another $25 for me to get in. however, because god protects buff fans & drunks, i walk right in behind some older alums, no one ever tears my stub. i am exstatic.

folsom field no longer sells beer to the students (they did when i was there from 88-92), so sneaking in booze is de riguer. had my makers, so i go and get a ginger ale from the concessionaries. wander down to the student section (50 yard line 25 rows up) amd meet the rest of the crew. they were surprised i got in. they of course smuggled in much more of the jeremiah weed (almost a whole fifth) and 8 cans of keystone light for the drinking game.

the CU drinking game is this: you pick a player on offense, if they run for a negative yardage, you drink. if they score a td you pass out drinks. i chose vickers, he scored 4 td's. we had a sub game going with another bunch of folks for defensive plays. the beers were done by the beginning of second quarter.

at half time, went out with a pass back to another tailgate party. i spied a handle of beam. went right for it. filled a 16oz about 3/4 of the way with some ice. then was told it was a full service bar. the bartender was not happy. so i just passed the bottle around and told him to "go have a smoke". between 4 people the remainder of the handle was dusted. i felt proud.

i don't remember going back inside for the second half. however, we did score another couple td's, and i gave my makers bottle to some undergrad kids. they mixed it with rum & sprite or rum & coke, i don't remember. it smelled like ass, so i passed on drinking it.

leaving the game with about 5 mins to go in the 4th period, stopped at abo's for some slices. also went next door, as a joke and asked the barkeep to "fill up my thermos with coffee, irish coffee please" the dood hooks me up and gives a healthy pour of jamesons, into my mug. i was certainly glad i had finally put food inside me and had a nice beverage for the ride home. due to traffic it took 2+ hours to get from boulder to denver. just enough time to finish my irish coffee as it got cold.

as i got back into denver, friends that were going to the panic shows called and told me to meet them at their hotey. it's the ramada inn from the convention, i met them in the tiki bar, but i don't remember what i had to drink. i did fall over there, and have a huge bruise on my tailbone.

all in all, a good days drinking, a super fun time, and a huge win by the buffs. i'd like to spend a little more time @ the tiki bar, and the jeremiah craig is some good shite to drink.

the nebraska - colorado game is gonna be even crazier.
You know the bottle ain't to blame and I ain't trying to. It don't make you do a thing it just lets you