Birthday in Germany

Remember what happened last night? Good. Now tell the world.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Bokbiertrol
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Birthday in Germany

Post by Bokbiertrol »

Friend of mine lives in Germany, somewhere near the border with Luxembourg.
End of august, he's having a big birthday party, and as he is living in a small village near a mountain, you can ask the mayor if you can borrow some kind of wooden hut or shed atop the mountain. The party was to be on a saturday.
Fridaynight, as usual was a night of working for me, and as i only got the customers out around 2 am, there were a couple of hours of afterdrinking with staff, as one does after a night of serving beers.
5 am, we decide to take a cab to my house, as i live closest to the bar we work at.
9 am. Alarmclock. We need to get up, in order to be able to take showers, have a decent breakfast, go to the gasstation to get cigarettes and all, and drive off to germany.
I happily allow 2 people to skip in line for the shower, so i can spend another 40something minutes in my bed.
11.30 am. A friend of mine has driven her minivan up the street as is honking the horn. Hurry up!
I just have enough time to put half a bottle of Tullamore Dew in my backpack, and half a bottle of Sprite, and grab my cooler which is filled with 16 cans of Guinness.
Off we go. After 10 miles, I think it might be a good idea to mix the whisky and Sprite now, so i don't have to do it later.
Ofcourse, this results in taking a couple of sips of this coctail only 20 minutes into the trip.
2 pints of whisky/sprite, 6 cans of Guinness and half a pint of something i didn't recognize, we arrive at the party-location, where people are putting up tents as to have a place to sleep for the night. I decide to put my tent up first, which is a smart thing to do.
Cue to the barbecue which is taking place after my 5th pint of lager, on top of my Guinness, Tullamore and the unidentified brew i mentioned above.
The weather is great, the party is great and everybody is having a great time.
This is were it gets misty. I find myself sitting on a bench with the remains of my Tullamore/Sprite coctail, the remains of a pint of Guinness and 2 bottles of lager.
I decide to drink 'em all and then think of what i'm going to drink next.
Well, i couldn't tell you what i drank next if my live depended on it, as i clearly have no memory of the night after somewhere around 10 pm.
A friend told me i stumbled to my tent somewhere around 10 pm to get a new pack of smokes, but upon entering my tent, passed out and never got back up.

Good thing about this is that i was up and running at 9 in the morning again, next day, and was able to have a nice cheese and crackers and a tin of Guinness breakfast. and one more. And then another one.

Good party though.

thirsty4beer
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by thirsty4beer »

sounds like you enjoyed yourself mate.

i'd skip the cheese and crackers next time though :wink:
mine's a pint

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

I must get around to posting about my weird time in the HJ hut (with much brandy) in Bavaria. But, I am still not sure that I am over the shock...
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Palinka (RIP)

Re: Birthday in Germany

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

I completely forgot about this. Too drunk to write cogently about this, right now, but a promise is a promise. So, I shall make the post tomorrow (promise).
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
ドロンケン
ImageImage

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Palinka wrote:I completely forgot about this. Too drunk to write cogently about this, right now, but a promise is a promise. So, I shall make the post tomorrow (promise).
I wish I could write well, or even decently, when I am not properly buzzed. Technical writing for work infected me. The temporary cure, in my unpublished writin's of my drunken youth is the mighty booze!

Cheers

Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

coldwarclassic
Tippler
Tippler

Post by coldwarclassic »

Germany! For me the bar opened in 1983 and closed in 1990. I have been hammered from Bremen to Bonn, from Gelsenkirchen to Garmich.
Spent nights in a variety of cells, boozed with border guards in Berlin, Americans in Aachen, and every other member of NATO.Lots of stories. Most start on a Friday lunch time and end on a Monday morning, usually involving some sort of naked bar, street sign bending, or culminating in a quest for a perfect gyros. I loved Germany and the varied ETOH tastes of the locals, never have I drank so much, both as a desperate ginger binger, and as a discerning connoisseur.

New to the forum, but a confirmed lush, I will share a few stories when I have a few on board.

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

coldwarclassic wrote:...I will share a few stories when I have a few on board.
ドロンケン
ImageImage