Drunk Dial or Text Message???

Remember what happened last night? Good. Now tell the world.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Bone
Souse
Souse

Drunk Dial or Text Message???

Post by Bone »

Ahhh, the age old question......

It is 2 am and you are wasted. You have a decision to make. Drunk-dial the ex or text message her fat ass. To be up front I am biased towards the drunk-dial. I hate the drunk - or undrunk for that matter - text message.

The only reason to EVER send a text message is when you are giving someone directions and/or you are in a crowded bar and cannot hear and want to tell someone where you are. Other than that pick up the phone you retarded lazy prick.

Now I am guilty of sending the drunk text, most recently when I was getting some and my friends kept drunk-dialing me in the middle of it. So when the chick went to the bathroom I sent them all a text message “Getting ass, stop calling.” Simple enough right?

But other than that, there is NO reason to ever send a text message.

Drunk-dialing is so much better. You get the full effect of the message. Sometimes there is music in the background and your friend is yelling into the phone “Titty city…Titty city, ass and titty, and big bootie bitches.” Obviously calling from a breast establishment of some sort. You just can’t get that feeling from a text message.

In fact, a text message has no feeling at all. The texted words of “Why do Jewish people have big noses? Because the air is free.” just isn’t as funny as me calling you at five in the morning singing Pour Some Sugar on Me at the top of my lungs while getting my ass smacked by a stripper.

Furthermore, text messages are limited in length more so than a drunk call. I can’t leave a 3 minute drunk text message telling you how much I love you and want to be the illegitimate father of your children. Plus, it is much easier to hit the talk button than to type a bunch of shit into a message using a keypad. Your fingers are too fat anyway.

The next time you are puking out of the window of the cab while your friend is laughing at you, remember to drunk-dial a friend or two and leave the text-messaging to the pathetic ladies that don’t want to call you so they just send a text message…bitches!

bella
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Re: Drunk Dial or Text Message???

Post by bella »

Bone wrote:Ahhh, the age old question......

It is 2 am and you are wasted. You have a decision to make. Drunk-dial the ex or text message her fat ass. !
well you wanna talk to her.. and you say fat ass..

i am stopping at this..

just cause my ass is fat

grippingthewheel

Post by grippingthewheel »

Can I see some ID?
"Please welcomce in all his diluted glory the man whose story writes itself not unlike mine who feveriously types awaiting his next sip before the whipping, anticiapation is making me want to strangle someone." ~whiskyprick

swingbozo
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by swingbozo »

I disagree entirely.

Text means "I want to stay in touch but let's not get all weird and listen to each other breath." I text my dad all the time to tell him I'm still alive. He doesn't get it, but that's OK.

Text is a kind hello that you can respond to at your leisure. A real phone call means I have to interact with you personally, immediately. Bad idea. I wish more people would text me because I just flat refuse to answer phone calls of any variety.

When I get a real call on my phone it means my asshat business partner wants to "chat" about shit I could easily fix in two seconds the minute I get into work. Or he's bored. Or he just wants to "see how things are going." If he could see the hair on my neck raise whenever the phone rings he'd realize he isn't doing anyone any goddamn favors by calling me just the "chat."
Booze is the answer to life's questions.

massivedrunk

Post by massivedrunk »

Jingle bella wrote:

It is 2 am and you are wasted. You have a decision to make. Drunk-dial the ex or text message her fat ass. !

i am stopping at this..

just cause my ass is fat
OH, like my ass is trim.

that being said, where is my Sammich.
Still just figuring it all out. Still not really figuring it out.

Bone
Souse
Souse

Post by Bone »

I do have to clarify something, none of my ex's have a fat ass - bitchy and whorish, but not fat.

I agree - texting is a way to keep in touch without having to actually talk to the person on the phone. Well...if you are not worthy of a phone call, you are probably not worthy of any type of communication at all.

I especially hate the holiday text message, which we all are getting ready to send/experience.

Lifer
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Lifer »

Jingle bella wrote:

i am stopping at this..

just cause my ass is fat

:lol:

and I hate phoens, btw. Just to keep on topic
Bundy wrote:"I say Rooster old bean! sally forth with another pair of pink gins for these jolly lovely gels and we'll see if they arent up for a spot of rumpy pumpy before we have to dash off and give Jerry another sound thrashing, what? Tally ho!"

Resident Asshole

Post by Resident Asshole »

I refuse to get a cell. phone but I texted this girl's ex last night. He is at least 25, lives with his mom, and he keeps calling his ex-girlfriend and leaving her voicemails and she doesn't want to talk to him.

I called him from her phone, and basically told him he was a loser and he needs to move on with his life. He hung up on me before I was done talking.

So, I sent my first text message ever. It went something like this:

"U R a coward. Ass kicking awaits. Don't call."

Hey, I thought it was funny.

:D

Bone
Souse
Souse

Post by Bone »

That is funny - now that is a situation in which it is OK to text message! You tried to call first, but he hung up on you. Bravo. I hope you do get to kick his ass!

daphne
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God
Location: Washington. Home of JZ Knight and other nuts, which is why we drink here.

Post by daphne »

Bone, I'm so tempted to send you my cell phone number just so I could get one of these calls.
RIP Frederick and my beloved GatorX
You deserve all the puffery you can get
daph and grip say "bourbony goodness!"
http://daphneszoo.com/

Martini Time
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Martini Time »

FYI....you can quickly send a text message from the comfort of your own computer. This service, Teleflip has been around for some time. Just enter the area code and number into the "to" line (adding "@ teleflip.com" at the end of it), write a message, and fire away.

Incredibly convenient.
"Martinis are a balm against a sordid world, a shield against all that is sullied, rushed and coarse"

daphne
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God
Location: Washington. Home of JZ Knight and other nuts, which is why we drink here.

Post by daphne »

Do you have to pay for it?
RIP Frederick and my beloved GatorX
You deserve all the puffery you can get
daph and grip say "bourbony goodness!"
http://daphneszoo.com/

Martini Time
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Martini Time »

daphne wrote:Do you have to pay for it?
Not for "Teleflip". I'm sure your cell provider (or the receiver's provider) will be happy to tack on appropriate fees, but the "call" from your keyboard is free of charge. I'm not too sure how the "replies" work, though. I've only sent outgoing.
"Martinis are a balm against a sordid world, a shield against all that is sullied, rushed and coarse"

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

I really should get one of those portable telephone thingies.
like tears in rain

Martini Time
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Martini Time »

In researching Apple "wigits" that enable a person to send text messages to a phone via a computer, I came across this handy little website that will work on any computer.