"You know, they kick you outta here for fighting ...&qu

Remember what happened last night? Good. Now tell the world.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

"You know, they kick you outta here for fighting ...&qu

Post by coqui_chris »

So my friends and I go to the local "college hot-spot" bar. You know, lame cover bands, plastic cups, every guy and girl in uniform.

So anyways, I was wearing a Notre Dame hockey jersey and one of those ghetto fitted hats with the alternating colors, also Notre Dame merchandise. And one of the guys in the bar with the striped button-down collared shirts and gelled hair, looking exactly the same as the four dudes he came there with, stops me to comment.

"What are you, a Wanksta?" he asked.

"Wanksta?" I said. "That's a 50 Cent song."

"Yeah," he said, a little put off now.

"Heh. Wanksta. That's good. That's a good reference. Funny," I said.

Then I put my hand on his shoulder.

"You know," I said, "they kick you outta here for fighting ..."

I stood there with my hand on his shoulder looking him straight in the eyes for about a minute. He didn't respond.

"Well," I said, "I'll see you later." And I walked off.
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

bluebottle
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: "You know, they kick you outta here for fighting ..

Post by bluebottle »

coqui_chris wrote:So my friends and I go to the local "college hot-spot" bar. You know, lame cover bands, plastic cups, every guy and girl in uniform.

So anyways, I was wearing a Notre Dame hockey jersey and one of those ghetto fitted hats with the alternating colors, also Notre Dame merchandise. And one of the guys in the bar with the striped button-down collared shirts and gelled hair, looking exactly the same as the four dudes he came there with, stops me to comment.

"What are you, a Wanksta?" he asked.

"Wanksta?" I said. "That's a 50 Cent song."

"Yeah," he said, a little put off now.

"Heh. Wanksta. That's good. That's a good reference. Funny," I said.

Then I put my hand on his shoulder.

"You know," I said, "they kick you outta here for fighting ..."

I stood there with my hand on his shoulder looking him straight in the eyes for about a minute. He didn't respond.

"Well," I said, "I'll see you later." And I walked off
now you see, here is a true ambassador for Booze - at once putting the asshole in his place, allowing time for a friendly interchange (Booze driven hopefully), and then just letting the the whole thing go. that's true class. i have been know, on occassion, to get drunk and ornery once in awhile, and truly, when someone looks me in the eye, and lays a hand on my shoulder and tells me to settle down, well i respect that. well done, cc.