Pleasure Island

Remember what happened last night? Good. Now tell the world.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

liquor&poker
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Pleasure Island

Post by liquor&poker »

Pleasure Island is a park in the Downtown Disney area of Orlando, FL. I went there for the first time with my wife and my parents last weekend. I’ll say this plainly so no one misunderstands me: This place is the schiznite and you should go there. Soon.

The place is set up really neat. There’s a main street and several clubs, restaurants, and gift stores along it. There are a couple areas in the street with a stage and monitors where they play music and you can dance. Also, there are bars set up along the road. Like how there might be a hotdog vendor on the sidewalk, only these sell booze.

You can walk around with your drinks, in and out of clubs as you please. They have a comedy club, several different themed dance clubs, a very nice Irish Pub, and assorted other entertainments.

Needless to say, I got severely loaded and got jiggy with it. There are about a million stories to tell from that night but I’ll keep this kinda short.

We stopped by the beach rock-n-roll themed club after getting plenty drunk and jumping around to techno at the Mannequins club with the revolving dance floor and fog machines. Anyway, I ordered a whiskey and coke at the bar and the bartender lady started filling it up and stopped halfway and asked me, “How many have you had tonight?” Well, I’d had 5 or 6 by then but I looked her in the eye and said, “Zero.” She shrugged and filled it up the rest of the way with whiskey, which I think was Jack but whatever.

Toward the end of the night dad and I went to the Irish Pub. There was an Irish trio playin music so we decided to stick around. We went to the bar to get a drink and I told him we should do a shot of Jameson’s since it’s an Irish Pub. He decided we should just do a shot of some bottom-shelf Bourbon or something so he says to the bartender, “We need two whiskey and cokes and two shots of something really nasty. We’ll leave that up to you.”

He came back with our drinks. I didn’t recognize the shot but we clinked our glasses and downed it. Somewhat minty…not at all nasty. I said, “What the hell was that? That was delicious.” Dad shrugged and the bartender came back with our bill.

2 x Whiskey $12.00
2 x Jaegermeister $16.00

WTF? First of all, who the hell drinks Jaeger with whiskey? And who associates “something really nasty” with Jaeger? AND EIGHT BUCKS A SHOT? Oh well, I paid and we went to our seat. What happened next made up for it.

These three waitresses started dancing together in front of our table. I remember dad saying, “It’s like it’s just for us.” I like to think it was.

Then at 2:30 or so A.M. we headed out, did some public urination, and got back to the hotel in one piece.

It was an awesome time, if not pretty damn expensive.

Shot Time
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Shot Time »

Sometimes a full night is worth an empty wallet.

And that is quite silly that she associated something "really nasty" with Jaeger. You'd think it'd be an unlabeled bottle of brown stuff.
Use to be cool

Celtic
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Celtic »

i went to disneyworld with my parents when i was a kid.

we went to pleasure island, and i go tot go into the bars with my old man, but he wouldn't let me drink.

i remember the comedy club, an underage dance-type club (sucks..i guess they don't like chubby 15 year olds) and also there was this adventure club thingy.

that was my favorite...it was kinda like a mix between an african safari and hemingway's basement or some shit...is that place still there?

liquor&poker

Post by liquor&poker »

Celtic wrote:i went to disneyworld with my parents when i was a kid.

we went to pleasure island, and i go tot go into the bars with my old man, but he wouldn't let me drink.

i remember the comedy club, an underage dance-type club (sucks..i guess they don't like chubby 15 year olds) and also there was this adventure club thingy.

that was my favorite...it was kinda like a mix between an african safari and hemingway's basement or some shit...is that place still there?
Yeah the adventure club is still there. It was the first one we went to...but it was way odd so we just left to get hammered and didn't end up going back.

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Smatter Noguts »

Calling Jagermeister nasty will get you a BLASPHAMY ping.