Why do I long for blackout island?

Remember what happened last night? Good. Now tell the world.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

swingbozo
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Why do I long for blackout island?

Post by swingbozo »

I've been a very good boy for almost six months. Granted, I was drinking quite a bit, but in these long shallow undrunk days, the only thing I can say is that I've bored boredom out of boresville.

I miss coming to conscience somewhere downtown, of not I know where. I miss being so loaded even the cabbies debate about picking me up. I want to be able to unintentionally stiff the cabbie by falling out onto the curb and crawling to my front door. I long for the days of sleeping in a ditch resplendant in the fact that I have consumed more gin that night than anyone can possibly imagine. I love the drunken buddies you could care less about all coming to the obvious conclusion you simply haven't had enough to drink this evening.

And the AA loonies on the bus can only tell me that after 25 years of undrunkenness the best they can say is they have a fabu new coin. I ask them in all seriousness if that coin could fund at least a six pack.

Oh sweet lord almighty, I just want to black out again.
Booze is the answer to life's questions.

Palmwine Drunkard
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Re: Why do I long for blackout island?

Post by Palmwine Drunkard »

swingbozo wrote:I've been a very good boy for almost six months. Granted, I was drinking quite a bit, but in these long shallow undrunk days, the only thing I can say is that I've bored boredom out of boresville.

I miss coming to conscience somewhere downtown, of not I know where. I miss being so loaded even the cabbies debate about picking me up. I want to be able to unintentionally stiff the cabbie by falling out onto the curb and crawling to my front door. I long for the days of sleeping in a ditch resplendant in the fact that I have consumed more gin that night than anyone can possibly imagine. I love the drunken buddies you could care less about all coming to the obvious conclusion you simply haven't had enough to drink this evening.

And the AA loonies on the bus can only tell me that after 25 years of undrunkenness the best they can say is they have a fabu new coin. I ask them in all seriousness if that coin could fund at least a six pack.

Oh sweet lord almighty, I just want to black out again.
I once sold my ex-girlfriend's AA books for beer money!
That old Bill guy was pissed!
"Nature is beautiful at its most violent and chaotic. Embrace the wildness, in the storm and in yourself. And meditate heavily with aid of Johnny Walker. You've got it right. Let it all keep turning."
(Raoul Duke)

don't panic
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by don't panic »

I was there last night. It all got swimmy after the shots started. It was my first night at a new bar so I had to test the limits...I vaguely remember stumbling into things and people on the way to the bathroom. I think i was obnoxious, but that's ok shmoo was too. But I didn't make any enemies that I'll remember anyway. My roommates were in bed when I got home, so I didn't say or do anything stupid in that avenue, my boyfriend said that I was coherent enough to talk, but I did say some things that lesser people would regret. All in all I'm in one peice. So if you ever care to come back to blackout island, there's always room.
I'm not drunk I just have a speech impediment...and a stomach virus...and a inner ear infection - Brian Griffin

it gives me a good feeling, like when you get drunk and fall asleep in the snow - Moe