MAD MEX

Remember what happened last night? Good. Now tell the world.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

lmr5150
Booze Head
Booze Head

MAD MEX

Post by lmr5150 »

Most of my best drinking stories are the ones that are totally unintentional. The nights that I intend to tie one on end allright -drunk and hungover, but allright. In July, 2003, I was between jobs. It was a Tuesday night. My fiancee and I went to the gym that evening. When we left, we went out for a bite to eat. I was not even thinking about strong drink. Because it was after ten, we had to find an opened restaurant. Pittsburgh, PA is not an easy place to eat on the weekdays after nine pm. We ended up at a mexican joint on the U of Pitt campus called Mad Mex.

They have something they call a Big Azz margarita - top shelf mixer combined with bottom shelf tequila. The frozen version is served in a 20 oz class. It is the devil's 7-11 slurpee. After 10 on the weekdays the $9.00 margarita is $4.50. I looked at this deal much like I do an all-you-can-eat buffet - not an inducement, a challenge. We entered the place at 10:30. The special ended at 11:00 pm.I began slamming drink after drink. I not only sucked down the ones that I ordered, but I was drinking my girl's as well. We also indulged in 1/2 price calamari and wings. By the time I had my fifth 20 oz margarita, I was not only f'd-up, I had brain freeze. I managed to stumble out of the joint.

On the way home, I decided that I had to see my girl's basset hounds in the backyard. We made it home. I stumbled over the fence. I fell on my face into the grass. She asked me if I was ok. I handed her my glasses and told her that I would be awhile. The next thing I remember, one of the dogs (the 50 lb one) was standing on my stomach. I pushed the dog off in time to puke on the grass. I vaguely remember the other dog eating the remenants of wings and calamari. There is nothing like waking up to the bright summer sun on an Wednesday morning and watching people walk to work. I crawled (literally) back to the house. That was the last time I went "camping."

Illiniwek
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Re: MAD MEX

Post by Illiniwek »

That is a good story! And I agree about unintentional drunkenness.

Steve
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Steve »

Been ages since I slept under the stars. Over here it's usually too cold for that. Good story, mate. Dogs eating vomit? Nice. Dogs are great, but sometimes they can be the most disgusting creatures.

Swede
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Swede »

At least you didn't have to clean it up afterwards, but I suppose nature takes good care of that if you just dont care

Slackjawd
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Slackjawd »

Vomit-eating dogs are an asset, but mine gets back at by occasionally puking and shitting in his kennel, then smearing it amongst himself.

Illiniwek

Post by Illiniwek »

I once had a dog that would eat shit out of the cat's litter box. Crazy-ass Dalmation.

lmr5150
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by lmr5150 »

The bassett that stood on me died this year.

But as a MDM fan, this dog drank beer out of the bowl. See you on the otherside, big guy.

Dgirl
Souse
Souse

Post by Dgirl »

Funny story. Well written. Well tequila? Damn. That's brutal- a hangover in jail is the usual course.

philtron3030
Souse
Souse

Post by philtron3030 »

Tequila is NO Joke...I refer to outings like this as "Bonus Drunks"

Not only did you not see it coming, but it hit you like a ton of bricks...Margaritas that resemble lemon-lime Gatorade tend to have that effect, good story!

lmr5150
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by lmr5150 »

You nailed it. Tequila is an enemy lurking in the weeds. At more than one concert, my gal and I have happily consumed margaritas and tequila shots with no clear impact. One hour later, we go from normal humans to Forest Gump in 2.5 minutes. Rum, vodka, gin, and scotch give you fair warning. Tequila is like the transporter on the Star Trek Enterprise, it beams you to plant dunk in an instant.