Drunkard Injuries

Remember what happened last night? Good. Now tell the world.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Drunkard Injuries

Post by Savage »

Well, I had a bit of an accident recently, and all four of my littlest toes are quite purple and stiff.
like tears in rain

givemesomepils
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: drinking injuries...

Post by givemesomepils »

I skipped everyting you guys said. I will come back and read it.

Ok, so I had ran out of booze (this was before I left and went to jail) ok well, it was pay day and i was going to get drunk to celebrate the end to my 1 and a half day of undrunkenness. I end up buy a bottle of 1792 ridgemont reserve barrel select kentucky straight bourbon whiskey which is 93.7 proof (also very cheap for such a great product) anyway because I was so happy to have booze again I just drank most of the bottle in 20 minutes, idk what happened next but I had a limp in either my right or left leg for months, it didn't hurt it was like a nerve had been severed, I will never know what I did in that time to cause this to happen.

anyway now off to read you guys's shit.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." hunter s. thompson god rest his soul

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Nicely done, that you found this.

Now, perhaps search for the Judge's thread about the same issue?

(hint: there may be bloody footprints on a ten-foot ceiling above your bed. Eeeee)

givemesomepils
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by givemesomepils »

mistah willies wrote:Nicely done, that you found this.

Now, perhaps search for the Judge's thread about the same issue?

(hint: there may be bloody footprints on a ten-foot ceiling above your bed. Eeeee)
lol i have to read this
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." hunter s. thompson god rest his soul

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

This one was tiped in rather recently. Btw: A drunk turns into rubber when loaded because he/she doesn`t try to stop the fall with his/her limbs. Call it "face down first" if you want. No broken bones, but a nice hangover and a concussion. But who knows how to tell the difference?
Ever tried to recollect last nights endeavour by the blackness of your bruises?
Drink!

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

I don't bruise
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Mr. Viking wrote:I don't bruise

No you don't.

You break

...things

shawnonious
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by shawnonious »

So far I think my biggest drinking injury isn't too much.

I had a band gig in town. Rode with my folks who wanted to come. My buddy who I used to have a band with came. Well, we all got good and drunk. Shit, even my mom couldn't drive and I had to drive her home (folks took two vehicles). So we got back to the house in town by a miracle, and my buddy said "Hey, is there any liquor here?" "Well funny you should ask, my mom's had a handle of captain that hasn't been touched in a God awful long time. It needs to get done."

Him and I ended up killing a handle of captain between the two of us after having had probably 4 pitchers of beer each, 8-10 rounds of shots at the bar at least, I'm certain it was more but that's all I can account for (which helped sap away my gig payment), and probably other shit. APPARENTLY, I fell over on my face and guitar while jamming on guitar with him, broke a speaker cable and a knob on my amp. Got carried up the stairs to my bed, and my buddy said when he left after getting just good enough to drive, he checked on my and I was laying on my bed with my legs on the bed, and my face on the floor.

My nose hurt and felt broken for a week.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" -Tom Waits

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Now that is yet another proper Drunkard Injury, and well described. Most important thing is that an injury will not prevent one form further DRINKing in the future.

But the instruments! Always mind your instrument. It can save you, if you treat it well.

shawnonious
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by shawnonious »

mistah willies wrote:...Always mind your instrument...
Oh yes. I discovered a crack in one of the knobs on my Marshall amp head two weeks later, but otherwise, the instruments faired well. As a guy who cut his chops in blues-rock back in his high-school days where he focused on one genre, falling flat on my face with the Strat underneath me added to it's mojo. No battle scars (paint chips) from the incident, but drunk mojo never hurts a guitar that's built for the right type of music (boozing music)
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" -Tom Waits

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

nothing major, just a big blister on my heel. See, drinking makes me exercise
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Mr. Viking wrote:nothing major, just a big blister on my heel. See, drinking makes me exercise
This thread is a staple of your`s.

I broke another glass-jar recently with my lemon mixer bottle. A week later I drunkenly found another shard of said glass and of course cut my finger with it and somehow managed to get it stuck beneath my skin. Only drunks are drunk enough to pull stunts like these
Drink!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Two bottles of vodka somehow "rained" into my liver last night it seems. While they were at it I must have eaten flesh-eating-bacteria my stomach wants me to know. But that`s nothing another bandaid of voddie can`t hold up!
Drink!

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

oettinger wrote:
Mr. Viking wrote:nothing major, just a big blister on my heel. See, drinking makes me exercise

I broke another glass-jar recently with my lemon mixer bottle. A week later I drunkenly found another shard of said glass and of course cut my finger with it and somehow managed to get it stuck beneath my skin. Only drunks are drunk enough to pull stunts like these
hope it doesn't get infected. Dip it in vodka or something

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Mr. Viking wrote:
oettinger wrote:

hope it doesn't get infected. Dip it in vodka or something
Sucked it out and almost choked on it.
If anything kills me prematurely I think vodka got the bragging rights, Phillipp Morris meanwhile sits in the corner crying like a little baby
Drink!