Breaking in your own house

Remember what happened last night? Good. Now tell the world.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

shawnonious
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: Breaking in your own house

Post by shawnonious »

oettinger wrote:Some time ago I was the victim of the "trying to take the elevator drunk" dilemma. I live on third floor but managed only to ride to the second floor. Was so drunk that I didn`t notice the door mat and the door itself looked quite different. Tried for some 10 minutes to violently enter that damn key. Got it only halfway in, mostly scratching the door all the time.
Only then my nerdy looking scared shitless neighbour slightly opened the door and told me I was on the wrong floor. Always nice when people help each other out!
I'm drunk and this thread was on the first page of the drinking stories forum.

Reminds me of the time I went out with my father to go out for dinner around 6pm or so. Stupidly, we chose our favorite irish pub that serves food.

Well... 8 or 9 hours later, we closed the fucking place down, and he dropped me off at my apartment. I rode the elevator, must have accidentally hit the sixth floor and wandered around talking to myself, went up to the seventh floor, puked ALL OVER it, and then went to my apartment.

I got a call the next day saying something akin to "We got reports of a very intoxicated individual on the sixth and seventh floors of the building and are looking for information so we can pin down who this was and take appropriate action. Descriptions from the sixth floor (I live on the seventh) say he has dark hair and a beard, and was waiting on the decommissioned elevator instead of the one that actually works. If we don't get any information or confessions, we will check the surveillance tapes."

Luckily, I happened to know that at the time the surveillance cameras weren't operational. ;)
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" -Tom Waits

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

They "installed" stickers in our elevator stating there are cameras behind the mirror wall in it. There surely aren`t but so far it kept my drunk neighbours from wrecking havoc in there for two years now.
Drink!

AntonArkydivich
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by AntonArkydivich »

booznik wrote:
oettinger wrote:
booznik wrote: zoo...
Oh yeah, hippos!
Ye gods! Shiver me timbers! And I thought the other end was to be reckoned with, but that must be nature's most powerful poop-deck cannon!

We must keep our distance from that stocky frigate!
Swithout watching the video,which I will, still not entirely sure whether you're referring to the assumed hippo, or the late GG. I mean, "stocky frigate" and "poop-deck cannon" work shockingly well as descriptors for both of them.

It's a pretty great title for a biography: GG Allin: Punk's Poop-Deck Cannon.
Making my own city lights out of bourbon and the stars of a barroom fight.
- Josh Ritter

givemesomepils
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by givemesomepils »

i kicked in my door a month or two ago, i forgot my keys, now i have a door held together by nails in the middle of the frame with a big ass crack in it.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." hunter s. thompson god rest his soul