mayhem's fiftieth birfday sendup.

Remember what happened last night? Good. Now tell the world.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

nic the chick
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

mayhem's fiftieth birfday sendup.

Post by nic the chick »

yeah, it's been forever. i have souvenirs and pics. thanks to rowdy and shmoo for joining me, and the old toad in rochester for having us. thanks to surreal for the fez, and mdm for all of the above. here ya go:

pink chucks, a la mayhem. the only footgear i brought with me, ready for the redeye.

after i got off the plane, i headed to the toad. rowdy was on his way, and i decided to get to know the old toad. lots of young guys with huge beards.
eagle rare and a craft ale of some sort.

view from my hotel room. i passed out before rowdy arrived, and the matrix was on, so there was no waking me. had to rest up for more activities.

the next day... SHMOO! while he was there under highly unfortunate circumstances, it was beautiful to see him, meet his son, and attempt to enjoy a garbage plate with them.

next stop.

back to the toad.

here's a thing. some of you may know that mayhem's ghost (spirit, energy, et al.) has been with me since his passing. years ago, he introduced me to delirium tremens, which is my absolute favorite ale; it's strong, tasty, and comes in a pretty bottle with elephants all over the label. while at the toad, i was asking tom (young, bearded bar manager) about the belgians he has on the vast menu, and if i like DT, which should i try next? after describing four or five, a waitress (not privy to our conversation) came from the kitchen, and placed a bottle on the bar, directly in front of tom.
"what's this? why did you bring this out?" he queried.
"it popped open as i walked by, and i figured i'd let you deal with it." she said, walking back to the kitchen.
decision made.

mayhem's sister-in-law brought his childhood teddy bear to meet us. rowdy and mr. dunsmore.

outside the toad.

we went to niagara falls to chase a sammich at the silo, causing us to be late to mayhem's birfday party. we know that sammich hunting is one of the few acceptable reasons for late arrivals.

the haystack, silo restaurant.

back at the toad. eagle rare for all.
For a forreal party, you needs to be takin a mirror off of the wall and shit.
~anonymous

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: mayhem's fiftieth birfday sendup.

Post by Patchez »

Excellent Photo essay. Spooky about the DT, methinks Mayhem took an opener with him. Cheers

And one more toast to hoping his spirit pops in up in Mass this weekend.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

whiskeyprick
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by whiskeyprick »

Nice work nic.
Gambling is a disease, but it's the only one you can win a ton of money for having - Norm Macdonald

Oggar
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Oggar »

I remember when Mayhem took me to the Toad way back at Invasion I. I drank a ridiculous amount of their cask ale and the tab was far lower than I would have expected. They treated me very well because I was a friend of Mayhem's even though it was years before he worked there. I wish I would have made it back again. I'm glad our tribe was represented. Thank you Nic & Rowdy, et al.
I can't write like Papa, you know I just ain't able
But if he came in here tonight, I'd drink him under the table -Ronny Elliott

RIP Mayhem, as long as I have a heart you are in it.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Simply wonderful.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Surreal
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Surreal »

It's like Demi Moore in Ghost, except it isn't a potter's wheel, it's a bottle of awesome beer.

Dig it.
fuck em man, it ain't easy walkin the righteous path.
- Hoss