Photon Essay

Remember what happened last night? Good. Now tell the world.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

The Urbane Spaceman
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Photon Essay

Post by The Urbane Spaceman »

There are two sources of energy that power our world:

1. Volcanic. This is the residual energy deep inside our own tiny blue marble, left over from when she was created four and a half billion years ago according to true fact and science (or, like 14,000 years ago, if you are an unbelieber. <------Just referenced Frankennietzche)

2. Solar. Everything comes from the sun, through photosynthesis. (Or, if you are an unbelieber, then the fiery god above about which the entire universe rotates.)

Side note:

Dinosours (sour Dinos, which are good with whiskey and ice in a slender glass, save your bourbon for sippin') and plants from back when they evolved into oil and coal are our present-day, becoming-extinct-petroleum sources, and, yes, they also contain the chemical bonds from having eaten food that captured the energy from sunlight. Unless you are an unbeleiber, and then those old bones are the remnants of devils that once roamed the Earth, seeking heretics.

Now bow to the mighty sun god. The sun is my god.

He is an angry, vengeful god, and he will burn us all up in a billion years. Or, when they sky turns red and the fiery angels walk the Earth. Whatevs.

Photons are our friends: you see.

The following is a collection of photons for your viewing pleasure. Also known as photos, pics, images, and blackmail evidence.

Such is the manner of the Urbane Spaceman: to explore and report back. To go where no one has gone before. To document our existence, much like a Hitch Hiker's Guide, and then safely store it into the cloud. Well, until the satellites fall from the skynet and crush the servers, and the clients all burn.

Calls for a drink. Ready, set, chug!

We are scientists, and we culminated on the western end of this mighty continent, at the end of civilization, before the advent of the weepy and radioactive Pacific Ocean. It rains mainly on the plane when leaving Maine. When landing, them raindrops glow in the dark these days.

It is proper to lube up before sliding into a tight vessel.

Here is the first of many photonic data submissions. I call it "Dive Bar 1"

Follow me on this bender of a weekend, won't you? See you in a bit and a breath, a chug and a sail. Off we head to the island, my friend.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Photon Essay

Post by oettinger »

All very good points Spacy.
God got roastated in this one. Radioactivly never the less!
If you go east all time it`s west suddenly, strange I know but think about it for a sceond inbetween chugs
There`s only one way to get drunk
Those cans look like deodorant btw, (no not "burn the witch")
Not to mess up your awesome post but

Surely follwing that bender!
Drink!

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

The Urban Spaceman wrote:Image
I say, old chap. Quite the specimen you've captured here. A pair of Beerus Showerus in the wild. They mate for life, you know. I'll be sending your picture to Professor Hungover at the British Museum for inclusion in their collection.
"Booznik. Smooth, classy and manatee-like." --Bur

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"Now stop and DRINK! bastards." --mistah willies

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

I simply must say, where the hell is this leading? Is there some sort of story here or what? Thirsty minds inquire...

Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

mistah willies wrote:I simply must say, where the hell is this leading? Is there some sort of story here or what? Thirsty minds inquire...
Shhh, careful. That urban spaceman is highly unstable. Do not provoke him...

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

booznik wrote:
mistah willies wrote:I simply must say, where the hell is this leading? Is there some sort of story here or what? Thirsty minds inquire...
Shhh, careful. That urban spaceman is highly unstable. Do not provoke him...
he seems a bit pissy, huh.

Hey, got anymore booze sammiches?

^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

mistah willies wrote:Hey, got anymore booze sammiches?
Supply your own bread and condiments. The blackout is free of charge.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Yessah, the champagne of Maine. (Sickly sweet, and fuck getting drunk with cream or milk in your drink.)

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

mistah willies wrote:Yessah, the champagne of Maine. (Sickly sweet, and fuck getting drunk with cream or milk in your drink.)
AUGUSTA (AP) -- Allen's Coffee Flavored Brandy is again the top-selling liquor in Maine.

According to the Bureau of Alcoholic Beverages and Lottery Operations, nearly 1.1 million bottles of the dark-colored libation were sold at Maine stores in 2008. That's up nearly 40,000 bottles from 2007, when Allen's became the first brand of alcohol to sell more than 1 million bottles in Maine in a single year.

The Bangor Daily News reported that Orloff Vodka was a distant second, with 276,000 bottles being sold. Other top sellers were Captain Morgan Spiced Rum, Bacardi Light Rum and Absolut Vodka.

Allen's is produced by M.S. Walker of Somerville, Mass., which says it has been the best-selling spirit in Maine for more than 20 years.

--------------------------------

1.1 million bottles.

Population of Maine: 1.3 million, give or take.

Who the hell is drinking all that stuff? It's not you. You have class.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Sickly sweet. Blecch. But yes, another favorite beverage of this damned back woods state is Moxie, like an older version of Dr. pepper. and it's not here either. Well, anymore that is. I imagine it would be tasty with spiced rum, if I drank spiced rum with a mixer, that is.

I see you've been enKrakened! Well met, young writer. Well met indeed.

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

mistah willies wrote:Sickly sweet. Blecch. But yes, another favorite beverage of this damned back woods state is Moxie, like an older version of Dr. pepper. and it's not here either. Well, anymore that is. I imagine it would be tasty with spiced rum, if I drank spiced rum with a mixer, that is.

I see you've been enKrakened! Well met, young writer. Well met indeed.
I did have a chance to try Moxie once. Some made it into the specialty soda section of the local booze mart, and I had a go at a bottle. It wasn't bad. Enjoyable if you are a fan of bitters.

The Urbane Spaceman
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

*ahem/sip/chug*

Let us now continue, with volcanic energy, the first option from the initial post above, shall we?

Please understand that this here Photon Essay was halted, simply due to the concurrent photo essay at the time of the Drinking MAn explosion.

We Drunkards Unite and never compete. We hold true to the main course: our love of Ethyl.

Kiss her now, or him, if that is your preference. You Ladies of this Mighty MDM forum might consider it better to be in the company of a male whom you toss down your throat, and that is fine and proper course as well.

Now we go.

So, the idea of travel via aircraft might appear to involve solar energy, but photosynthesis was halted once the grain/grape/potato/maize/barley/what-have-you died and was mashed.

We now involve exothermic reactions and fermentation product, then perhaps distillation.

We become volcanic, for we are Mountains of Energy, and our energy is deeply rooted. Rise up from the lay of the Dry crust. Explode the world with your energy.

Keep in mind, it is best to locate the airport pub immediately after passage through those insecurity folks.

Hmmm...

...perhaps we should start at the beginning.

My apologies to you. This is a product in the still, still.

Yes. Always start at the dive bar before the flight.

Indeed.

The Urbane Spaceman
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Work awaited.

Such an off term: work.

It may relate to Joules, it may relate to art, but for the rest of us, it is what we must do in order to have a really good time.

Now let us combine those three considerations into this Photon Essay, shall we?

Joules involve energy expenditure towards making things move. In this case, it was aircraft.

Art is the manner with which the Modern Drunkard approaches the almighty Ethyl, and partakes of this lovely nectar of the gods.

The third consideration; that of employment, involved a weeklong conference at the end of the country, (the western end, that is). The following images occurred the week before the Drinking MAn.

At then end of the week, your loaded compatriot "Urb" had made arrangements to participate at the MassCon '14 for the follwing week. That did not happen.

Let's go, shall we?

The first thing that you do when you arrive at your shitty little airport at the end of the line is to fill your belly with Ethyl, before them insecurity folks remove all of your fluids. Well, except for the contents of your belly.

If you are facing the moval of all your bodily fluids, immediately leave the area. You are in the wrong country. You may be on the wrong planet.

Head to the head, or, the watering hole with the nasty seats and handy roll of napkins, and enjoy yourself. (see pics in previous posts above in this thread).

Mind that you never leave a soldier behind alive. Kill each beer.

Beer contains its own volume of water, and one does not want to become Dry. Air travel is arid. It's less so upon a pirate ship in the sea of Ethyl, heading to the Island. But you have plenty of time for that. First, you must deal with them insecurity folks.

Once this work has been completed, don't forget to pay the tiller man with your crushed coins in his handy change container beneath the towel dispensers. You require save passage across the Lethe, don't forget.

Once through, an amazing discovery occureed for your soused friend "Urb." Sadly, no, it was not a pub or a bar.

Yet, it was a kiosk which sold highly-priced drinks and a few tables to sit and watch your fellow and Lady travellers wend their way through the X-ray machines and such. They offered a delicous, if somewhat wheaty brew. Not too bad at all.

Tasty indeed.

(Next up, a bunch of pics in a thread without so much text. Now for a drink).

The Urbane Spaceman
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Now make certain that you have gotten your footing.

You see, if you ever have an opportunity to fly First Class, then go for it.

Unless you have to pay for it.

It's a waste of money, unless you have money to waste, of which your friend Urb has very little. Save your money for the important things in life,

like:

Booze
Friends
Booze
travel
booze
tasty food
Booze
tunes
Booze
reading material
Booze

Booze

and also

Booze.

But if you get bumped up, see what all the fuss of First Class is all about. Not all that much, except for unlimited "free Booze" which is really not free. It's a lot of money to get free Booze.

I'm happy with beef jerky and a few $7.00 beers to Detroit. It's worth it

Now let us attend to the first landing, in Detroit. Time for another drink.

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

Yes Mr. Space, in all the years I flew, before the internetwebsterconferencing made it obsolete, I never did fly first class. Not even once. I ended up donating all my frequent flier miles to the Red Cross for Katrina though, so karma +1.

I'll always remember that naive passenger asking the flight attendant, "How do you get into first class?"

Her New Joisy reply: "Get upgraded, or pay a whole lot of money for your ticket."

No need to mince with words at EWR.

Beer on.