Falling through tables

Remember what happened last night? Good. Now tell the world.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Falling through tables

Post by oettinger »

http://www.drunkard.com/bbs/viewtopic.p ... 7&start=45

This post about falling through a table from our dear drunk Mr. Viking (you are alright, aren`t you) brought back memories of me alomst braking the coffee table more than once.
I don`t exactly know which material was used while putting this indistructable thing together, but it surely got the stamp: Drunkard Proof. Throw saggy body on us, we resist!
The beating that thing has taken is beyond any imagination. Wrestling with the russian buddy we both fell over it`s fine glass decor. Beer, cigarette butts (learned a new word, big thx to BF) and lifeless bodys all over the place but it did hold up.
Some scratches here and there, but still good to sip spilled drink from it`s surface.

The nightmarish occasion happened during some christmas-new years eve bender. Loading it up for days we heated up some rum with wine and got that drunk even santa was turning around crying for help.
While the russian was again glued to the toilet, I tried to get up and take a leak myself.

The following is reported from the russian`s point of hearing:

Hey bud, coming ova need ta pee.

Silence

Kabooooommmmm

Oooooohhhhhhh noooooooo, fuck shit fuuuuuck noooo noooo noooo

Bring some towels quick!

Quick! Stop shitting, towels!

What happened was I stumbled upwards trying not to hit the table, thus forcing my whole weight and momentum towards the flatscreen TV. In what seemed to be eternity I managed to get my senses together and steer this wrecking ball away from the TV. Side effect? My uncontrolled freighttrain of a body was now headed right onto the table.
Sudden thoughts: Shit, no, shit, brain, head to far left please, incoming impact!
Down I go, and with me the table. Instead of hitting it up full front, I managed to fall to it`s corner and tipping it completely over. Beers and a half full pot of rum and wine with lots of sugar in it became my new carpet that exquisite moment.

TV was ok, table was ok, we had enough booze still, ground was like glue for months though!
Drink!

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Re: Falling through tables

Post by booznik »

oettinger wrote:...but it surely got the stamp: Drunkard Proof...
Perhaps one day, a new line extension of MDM merchandise there...

For reference, the original table falling incident.
"Booznik. Smooth, classy and manatee-like." --Bur

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"Now stop and DRINK! bastards." --mistah willies

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

of course I am alright. I simply have to assert my dominance over the table at semi regular intervals
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Mr. Viking wrote:of course I am alright. I simply have to assert my dominance over the table at semi regular intervals

Avoid the sharp corners. They can cause injuries. Throw them about if they misbehave.

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

mistah willies wrote:Avoid the sharp corners. They can cause injuries. Throw them about if they misbehave.
might take my new circular saw and make them all round just for feared. Possibly better done undrunk. New saw has a blade that could cut my leg clean in two with one pass. It's my favourite toy now. The nail gun will have to learn it's place
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Judge

Post by Judge »

Mr. Viking wrote:
mistah willies wrote:Avoid the sharp corners. They can cause injuries. Throw them about if they misbehave.
might take my new circular saw and make them all round just for feared. Possibly better done undrunk. New saw has a blade that could cut my leg clean in two with one pass. It's my favourite toy now. The nail gun will have to learn it's place
And chairs y'all, don't take shit from no chairs.
Chair Wrasslin'
Proverbs 31:6&7

"Pain is sometimes the price of laughter."-Oggar

CPE1704TKS

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane"-Marcus Aurelius

And afterwords we can run amok! Or if you're too tired, we can walk amok.

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Judge wrote: And chairs y'all, don't take shit from no chairs.
Chair Wrasslin'
Now that's what I'm talkin about!
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought