ZID PART V CHAPTER 6 HOT HITS

Remember what happened last night? Good. Now tell the world.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

The Urbane Spaceman
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

ZID PART V CHAPTER 6 HOT HITS

Post by The Urbane Spaceman »

It starts with a hit and ends with a bang.

Here is a link to a great song, and the accompanying video features a lovely, scantily-clad woman. Do not click if you are unable to locate your gonads. There are members of our species who inhabit a physical form that simply must be appreciated for beauty, however tenuous our reality and fragile our existence may be.

The one thing that the large punk rocker did not share was his powder. The tequila slipped across my tongue like clear ice, smooth like water from a melting ice cap. Sean grinned and picked Jerry up and swung him around, kissing his cheeks, it was that good.

Of course, I kid you. Sean nodded at Jerry and Jerry nodded back. His eyes were still puffy from the cigarette ash, but for some reason, he could now breathe better through his nose. He’d held back at his death mobile for the bottle and the snort.

Time for a snort of black ink. Will you also raise your chalice in memoriam of the death of Punk? Long Live Punk.

ARRRR!

Mmmmmm.

The two huge men joined the meleé, which is a French term for “Some Good Ole Moshing.”

The mosh pit was once communal, in expelling animal energy. There were no fists to eyes, no kicks to knees. It was fierce, as it should be. The telling point of this wild fire was that if you ended up on the floor, you would be grabbed right back up to continue. Of course, the mosh pit would lend itself to a collection of bodily bruises, but never did stomping occur. Fuck that shit.

Joey stood there holding that long bottle of Don Julio 1942 and pointed at them with his cigarette. He shouted into my ear, “Look at those bastards! You’d think they never fought twice before coming here. That’s some messed up shit, Urb.”

I nodded. I said, “Well, they don’t hold grudges! As fast as their anger explodes, it extinguishes!”

Joey said, “Yeah! Hold no grudges, ever!”

I said, “Hah? I can barely hear you! Did you say Oh No Rugs, Sever?”

Joey just nodded back and took another swig.

That song ended quite quick, and then the next one began. Each song would last about two minutes, but man, did they pummel our ears.

Those two huge bastards rejoined us and that was when some other punks circled around us. I looked right in Joey’s eyes and he handed that bottle back to Jerry. He looked over my shoulder and I looked over his. We saw that it was clear. Indeed, there were narcs in the place, of course there was. The police cars would soon arrive, but them officers did not enter and break up the show unless something bad started. They simply waited outside for three reasons, which were these:

1. Protect everyone from each other.
2. Catch people trying to drive back home who were inebriated.
3. Protect everyone else from us.

One punk held out his hand and flipped his palm up then put it away.
I smiled. I held out five fingers and then put it back into my leather.

He responded with four fingers.

I shook my head and held out a two and a five.

He reached in and pulled out a twenty from one pocket and a fiver from another.

Five hits for twenty five dollars.

Joey grabbed his cash and I slapped a tiny metal envelope into his palm.

He looked up at me, all raising his eyebrows and shit. I nodded, and I mouthed the words ZID.”

His eyes went wide, and he grinned from ear to ear.

Yes, we had been watched, and now the word would spread in that place. Everyone knew Jerry, many of them knew me and Joey, and no one knew Sean, but they were also afraid of his appearance.

What about them narcs? Would one of them catch a listen?

Now for a Martini.