Terminus Chapter 7 : Rrrrrrrgh

Remember what happened last night? Good. Now tell the world.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

The Urbane Spaceman
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Terminus Chapter 7 : Rrrrrrrgh

Post by The Urbane Spaceman »

For Luke.

This was something that I had never expected. How could a man be expected to be stretched to the limit of loyalty and trust, and then begin to question the value of his fealty? Of course, I knew only one thing, which was this: I belonged to a Tribe.

That there, when you find it, is something you can never forget. Be true to that which has always remained true to you.

All else is falsity and lies and pain and misery, or perhaps enjoyment of life, of seeing beauty, of the flavor of good food, good wine, good drink, and the laughter found in the company of good friends. If you have found a way to mix all of these ingredients into a good cocktail, then please share it with the rest of us.

Truth had all been lost to me, but taken by only one person and it was me. I did this to myself. Boo fucking hoo. A reason to punish is a reason for punishment, perhaps. But it was time to grow up a little bit, and then realize the wealth of what I’d always had.

I just needed to ground myself. Once anchored, a ship can withstand the torment of the ocean. For me, there in that ugly desert megalopolis known as Fuckno, well, this became tantamount.

It was in this manner that I took a step back and examined the dance below. Figures flickered in the firelight, like shadows on a wall in a cave. What was real? What was imagined? Which one was true?

I knew that nothing was true. It was all bullshit, there in that desert.

That was the hardest thing to realize.

So, I decided to go home, for once and for all.

It was not about me. It was about everything else that was nothing at all.

That there, my friend, is what I decided, and that is why I did what I did. It was not greed. It was self-preservation.

Looking back, there is one thing that still remains, after all these decades:

Is it good to look out for yourself when perhaps you could have done better, and then failed? Or is that bailing out and then jumping overboard when the ship is about to sink?

Is that the coward’s way of doing things?

I still don’t know. Of course, you must know by now that I am not averse to pain, nor horror, or even the ugliness of our human experience. It’s simply the question of “What Is Correct for a man to do in such a shituation?

Rrrrrrgh.

See you soon.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Terminus Chapter 7 : Rrrrrrrgh

Post by oettinger »

As long as you`re not the captain ecaping the sinking vessel, you would be retarded not to.
Joey btw had the choice to leave aswell. Don`t hit the campfire, turn around and say no thanks.
Drink!

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Dear Booze »

Proverbs 26:11 says "As a dog returns to its vomit, so fools repeat their folly." Which is to say... assholes return to their foolishness.

Fuckno is a place in which you think you are no longer welcome, and to which you cannot return.

You are wrong.

You are no fool, and you are welcome. I will house you and make sure you do not eat vomit.

Plus, I will buy you a drink or 70.
DRINK!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

In my mind I`m planing this huge roadtrip that will take place one day: East to west, drink with as many MDMers as possible and then hit Fuckno with DearBooze
Drink!