Drunk Travel Log

Remember what happened last night? Good. Now tell the world.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Re: Drunk Travel Log

Post by Dear Booze »

Fuck. I really miss SFS! I'm stuck with Fuckface Fred, Fuckface Javier, Fuckface Robert, and Fuckface Carl.
DRINK!

AminaKunkel
Tippler
Tippler

Post by AminaKunkel »

I simply completed what will likely be my last beverage before heading home in the first part of the day. Unfortunately, I don't feel that I completed an exceptionally great job at drinking this town to it's maximum capacity. I have disappointed myself. I have disappointed every one of you. What's more, I have let down the neighborhood economy.

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

AminaKunkel wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:28 am
I simply completed what will likely be my last beverage before heading home in the first part of the day. Unfortunately, I don't feel that I completed an exceptionally great job at drinking this town to it's maximum capacity. I have disappointed myself. I have disappointed every one of you. What's more, I have let down the neighborhood economy.
I really love it when bots translate something from english into a different language, and later translate it back to english. The above post, from AminaKunkel is an example of just that....

The following is what I wrote a couple years ago (February 23, 2017):
Dear Booze wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:29 am
It's about 11:30 P.M. and I just finished what will probably be my last drink before heading home in the morning. Sadly, I don't feel that I did a very good job at drinking this town to it's full potential. I have let myself down. I have let all of you down. And I have let down the local economy.
I kept thinking it sounded familiar. Pretty fucking cool.
DRINK!

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Dear Booze wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:52 pm
Good catch. I wonder what the point of such paraphrasings is? There wasn't even a link.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Nausea wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:24 pm
Dear Booze wrote:
Good catch. I wonder what the point of such paraphrasings is? There wasn't even a link.
Sheer stupidity? A retarded bot?

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

scream ale wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:12 pm
Nausea wrote:
Dear Booze wrote:
I know. pointless indeed.
DRINK!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Dear Booze wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:21 pm
scream ale wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:12 pm
Nausea wrote:

I know. pointless indeed.
It's one of the sneaky ones. They come back later, when their post had become buried, and then they edit their post to include their signature line.

Latent bot. That signature line becomes a portal for bot-kind and their ilk.

Let's leave it as it is but keep an eye on it.

Btw, words I've written here have never been deemed copy-worthy by any bot. It's kind of an honor to be held in such high regard by another species.

You lucky summina bastidge.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Btw, in that painting from the Segovia bar, the guy in blue is running away with the dildo he used to get the bulls riled up,

...and the guy to his right in the red shirt and beige Members Only jacket, smoking a ciggy, isn't jingling his pennies down his trousers. He's looking right at us, too. That's a badass perv.

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

mistah willies wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:58 am
Btw, in that painting from the Segovia bar, the guy in blue is running away with the dildo he used to get the bulls riled up,

...and the guy to his right in the red shirt and beige Members Only jacket, smoking a ciggy, isn't jingling his pennies down his trousers. He's looking right at us, too. That's a badass perv.
Yes. a badass perv!

Hilarious!
DRINK!

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Tomorrow's travel brought to you by the Beer, Bourbon and BBQ fest!! Skype travelogue available after 6:30 PM EST.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

Patchez wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:16 pm
Tomorrow's travel brought to you by the Beer, Bourbon and BBQ fest!! Skype travelogue available after 6:30 PM EST.
yes!
DRINK!

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

I'm now celebrating the last night in the shittiest place on earth, Anaheim.

Since I'm staying in the shadow of Disney's Matterhorn, Splash Mountain, and a fucking cartoon-like castle, I visited the evil kingdom last night. The interwebs showed me an interesting sounding bar that's located next door to the Disneyland Hotel. Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar Is a fairly well-done outdoor tiki bar with manufactured (not curated, like Frankie's in Las Vegas) decorations and a decent "inspired" drink menu.

Here's the problem with drinking in Dinsney: When you show up, the day might be starting for you and me, but it's been a very long day for the dead-eyed parents and beat-to-shit little kids. To get to the bar, one must dodge strollers, weave through unruly children, and bypass hordes of shitheads who just spent their life savings on a day in hell. Yes folks, a ticket into the park now sets those poor fuckers back $110 to $124 per person!

So I convinced five other people to go with me. All nice people who I drink with every year.

We all started plowing through rum drinks with rum, rum, rum, flavored rum, and topped with rum in special souvenir mugs shaped like skulls, fish, and my dick. Each round cost about $100! The thing is, None of us knew the price of anything before we ordered. It was an expensive night, for me. I was drunk and picked up the tab before understanding what I was in for. Fuck.

I hate Disneyland.
DRINK!

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

Today was a shit show. I had to take a test at 10:00am and showed up still slightly drunk with about five hours of sleep. I seriously do not remember goung to bed, so I'm guessing at the time.

At noon, I attended a luncheon where I was to receive an award for "Excellence in a Collaborative Economic Development Project." It was NOT the main award, but a "Merit of Honor". So basically, it was a participation trophy that all the fat kids get on the little league team.

But the program dragged on and on as the master of ceremonies decided that he would be the most charming speaker. Ever. He was wrong. He was a dull bore. At one point, I expected at least one of the 200 or so attendees to pound their fist on the table, sending glassware and silver to bounce into a clinging mess while the pissed-off recent recipient of an anger management 30-day-chip yelled "COMMON MOTHER FUCKER, FINISH IT UP ALREADY!"

After that shit, I headed out on a planned "cocktail crawl", sponsored by the City of Anaheim.

I'm now sitting with a bunch strangers at the bar at the Hilton. I'll stay here until I find it hard to walk, and then call it a night. I'll show up in the moring to get my test results and immediately start my six hour drive home.

Fuck you, Anaheim!
DRINK!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Dear Booze wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:30 pm
Today was a shit show. I had to take a test at 10:00am and showed up still slightly drunk with about five hours of sleep. I seriously do not remember goung to bed, so I'm guessing at the time.
Geeze you're still tryin' to pass the SAT's? How did you ever become mayor?
Okole maluna!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Dear Booze wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:30 pm
...At noon, I attended a luncheon where I was to receive an award for "Excellence in a Collaborative Economic Development Project." It was NOT the main award, but a "Merit of Honor". So basically, it was a participation trophy that all the fat kids get on the little league team.
One day, you really have to post an image of your "Wall Of Me" behind your leather executive chair. I stopped doing that after I ran out of room with all the thumb tacked "Participant" and "Hey, thanks for showing up" certificates that were dot-printed out on heavy stock by myself. Those were in the employee break-room because I'm needy.

What was the best cocktail of the whole journey?