Drunk Travel Log

Remember what happened last night? Good. Now tell the world.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

shawnonious
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: The Boston Tea Party

Post by shawnonious »

Last edited by shawnonious on Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" -Tom Waits

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Thanks for the continued updates. Your field rports are invaulable to other drunk who may happen through that area!!
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

shawnonious
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by shawnonious »

Last edited by shawnonious on Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

brandonman wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:23 am
Extended Biddy Early's Pub review.

Trip ended last night with the previous post. I really liked that place. The bartenders were very honest, too. I passed a twenty for my first beer, and got change back. On my next beer, the bartender came up to me apologizing profusely, and explained he accidentally shorted me two bucks. I just figured their prices tracked the places around them, and hadn't said anything. Nope. They were 2 dollars cheaper than anywhere around, and were extremely honest in giving my money back for that. Needless to say, I tipped well. That alone was a big score for Biddy Early's...
Welcome back to the Island young adventurer! It's always good to find the safe cove. Yup. Home.

Damn fine report, to boot. You know, brandonman, my Homeland was once part of Massachusetts, until 1820.

I give it another couple decades before we Injuns here get fed up and start charging rent.

Cheers bud!

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Dear Booze »

brandonman wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:23 am
Extended Biddy Early's Pub review.

Trip ended last night with the previous post. I really liked that place. The bartenders were very honest, too. I passed a twenty for my first beer, and got change back. On my next beer, the bartender came up to me apologizing profusely, and explained he accidentally shorted me two bucks. I just figured their prices tracked the places around them, and hadn't said anything. Nope. They were 2 dollars cheaper than anywhere around, and were extremely honest in giving my money back for that. Needless to say, I tipped well. That alone was a big score for Biddy Early's. Their hot wings were really good. Online made the menu look more extensive. Maybe they have a wider menu before 7pm or so when I asked for one? Not sure. Not unusual for a bar to restrict their menu at a certain hour. 7pm seemed a little early to do that, but not sure. If you go there, get the wings. They're good. Or, if you manage to get one of the entrees the website lists, I bet they're awesome.

Last night was actually a good time. First, a hard-boston-accent guy vacated his stool, and I asked as he was getting up "Hey man, you going out to smoke, or you leaving?". He said "Just take my fucking seat man.". So I did. When I saw him come back in, I stood back up. He grabbed me by the arm. And then, it all came together as a dry-humor boston thing. He forced me back into the seat and said "No man, for real, take the seat!". The further you get from the colleges of out of town people, the LESS people become "MASSholes". Every hard-accent real bostoner I met was a great guy.

The most interesting part was later in the night when a dude (Eric? Evan? I can't recall) came in. He started just going straight game-theory pickup on this group of two girls, one of which I'd had eyes on. Halfway in, he leaned over to me and introduced himself. I said "Damn dude, you are spitting straight game." He said "Thanks man. Abby (the one I had eyes on) is yours. Get her man".

He then kept spitting game on the less attractive of the two girls, and was introducing me, and flying fucking awesome as a wingman. He then did the most hilarious disengage I've ever seen. He asked the less attractive one for her LinkedIn. And she actually added him on linkedin, and then he immediately left. hahahaha. Eric/Evan/Whatever your name is, if you're out there, I salute you. Looks like you were going bar to bar to just practice spitting game. And you were an absolute CHAMPION of it. His conversation just kept flowing.

His routine, and my work after, had Abby extremely into me. I should have taken her back to my hotel, but I didn't. Time had crept up on me, and I had work to do in the morning. C'est la vie. Her and her friend taught me how to play Keno (basically, a MA instantaneous televised lottery that runs through the bars and cash out machines.) Spent five bucks, lost five bucks. Was fun, though. I would have won fifty bucks if I had bet one game later.

All in all, that pub was the best one I managed to get to. I'd like to travel out to Boston without work hanging over my head sometime. I finally managed to have fun the last two days. (aside: Visiting the USS Constitution is free, and was a cool little tour on my friday afternoon before my plane left!)
Thanks for the detailed updates BM. I will be in Boston in a few months and will be looking for a few good pubs. I was thinking about checking out Cambridge, but will probably avoid the area as a place to drink - based on your fine reviews.

I'll be staying at Boston Commons. Did you get near that area?
DRINK!

Dear Booze

Re: Drunk Travel Log

Post by Dear Booze »

Anyone going to tales of the cocktail?
Last edited by Dear Booze on Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
DRINK!

shawnonious
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by shawnonious »

Last edited by shawnonious on Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

It's time for my annual trip to Monterey, which means a night of drinking at Segovia's Tavern, one of my top-10 favorite bars on the planet. Updates to come as I begin to experience the benefits of Captain Morgan.
DRINK!

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

It's about 9:30 PM and I sit at the Segovia's bar. The regulars are nice and the bartender is great! The elevation here is 27 feet. I wonder if that plays into how fast or how slow inebriation kicks in?
DRINK!

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

This painting is the centerpiece of the back bar at Segovia's. I am mesmerized by it because there is so much shit going on in this image. First of all, I don't know exactly what's going on here, but I'm pretty certain the guy on the far right, in the suit, is an asshole.

Also, I keep wondering why the guy in blue, (in the center, immediately under the trumpet's bell) is holding a popsicle.

DRINK!

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

I don't think it's a popsicle. I think it's a rolled up newspaper to swat the bulls. My guess is a picture of the running of the bulls.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

No, the bulls are just checking the beers. The picture is a famous Van Grog called the running with the drunks, and yes the guy on the right is a hipster pussy
Drink!

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

Travel season is upon me. Just drove five and a half hours to fucking Anaheim. At least the bar in the Hilton is open. Problem is, thete are 4 bartenders and none of them are intetested in working.
DRINK!

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

I'm right next door to Disneyland, yet the bar is now closing. Clearly NOT the "happiest place on earth".
DRINK!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Dear Booze wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:37 am
Travel season is upon me. Just drove five and a half hours to fucking Anaheim. At least the bar in the Hilton is open. Problem is, thete are 4 bartenders and none of them are intetested in working.
Kinda makes you miss the bartender "Stinkfinger Shelly", doesn't it? At least she took care of business!
Okole maluna!