Love, anger, drunkard oversharing

Remember what happened last night? Good. Now tell the world.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

TheDrunkardAnglo
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Love, anger, drunkard oversharing

Post by TheDrunkardAnglo »

To start

I have just got back from a few post-meeting drinks. I am sitting at my desk in my underwear. My shirt is still on, the three top buttons are undone, and my tie is loosened to my chest. I have a glass of Italian brandy in my hand and a Marlborough Red clenched to my teeth with the assistance of a cigarette holder. My spotify playlist is on in the background.

Now let me get to it as I drop my next cigarette. The gory details. Some of you may think less of me. In many ways I do not fault you for that. Though I shall say to those of you who have not been in a similar condition: I pity you. I pity you for you have not lived. The pain, the anguish, the sorrow. However unpleasant it is living.

I loved someone, but it has ended. I should have foreseen it for the red flags were flying, like that of a Bolshevik Republic. She hated that I drank, she hated that I smoked. Ultimately, she ended up hating me. Much of this is due to what I am. I am a drunk. I am a smoker. I feel I should make no apology for this.

Those of you that have any affection for me do not resent her for that. I lied. I fucked up. When we first fucked, she said “have you been tested”, I replied “yes”. My fellow drunk, this was not the case. I lied because I was horny. Until recently I have never been tested. I have been tested since, and thankfully I am all clear. Though in my time I have scrapped the bottom of the barrel. It was to such an extent that for some time I was collecting my post from the bottom of that barrel.

Anyhow, there is much I am angry with. Much I am furious with. There were wrongs committed against me that have not been corrected. All my fuck ups continue like soap dramas for weeks and months. Yet hers are passed over like an extra slice of apple pie, or whatever you Yankee fucks eat, on thanksgiving. Much of this is my own fault. I avoided conflict, I became passive. I let her have her victories. I let her have her wins. I did this for they meant more to her then they would ever mean for me.

Those of you who know me best, know I am a pretty self-assured person. A confident guy. Someone who is comfortable in their skin. I am afraid, for the first time my fellow boozer, I do not think this. I am a shadow of myself. I doubt myself. I doubt my value.

Why would I post this sorrowful sob story? Who else will listen other than the down and outs? Who else would understand? You my comrades of the cognac, companions of the Kamikaze, compadres of chaos have likely been here before. You have been in this hole. You know what it is like looking for sunset in the eye of a storm.

Fuck, I am going to smoke this whole packet. When you smoke. Often its like company. Just without the intrusion. That smoke is around and yet it leaves you with your thoughts. Fuck its great.

Either way, fuck it. Lets drink. I’ll see you all in the other side.
Major Strasser: What is your nationality?
Rick: I'm a drunkard.
Captain Renault: That makes Rick a citizen of the world.

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Re: Love, anger, drunkard oversharing

Post by Nausea »

This song always summed up heartbreak well to me.

Cheer up bud. There are plenty of fish in the sea.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

You will come out of this the better man. Wiser and more aware of what not to look for in SO.

Cheers.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Listen to Patchez. He’s married. And old.

Look at it this way, at least these things came to light before you were more deeply invested in the relationship. My condolences nevertheless.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

TheDrunkardAnglo
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by TheDrunkardAnglo »

I had a a few drinks tonight also. Some great beer among friends. Day by day it all gets better. I really appreciate the wisdom of you chaps. Without getting too cushy it means a lot chaps.

Now let me stop being a ponce and lets get drinking!
Major Strasser: What is your nationality?
Rick: I'm a drunkard.
Captain Renault: That makes Rick a citizen of the world.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

First off, fuck (figuratively speaking) anyone who doesn't accept our drinking. They aren't worthy. And those relationships will never work out anyway because all they want to do is try and change us. And if you are lucky enough that they tolerate your drinking and smoking habits and don't loathe your drunkard friends, they will hate it when you go out partying with them. Just ask oett. All of his drunkard friends in relationships are on leashes, tied to the lamp post. This is hazardous for us our social lives, well being, and sanity. To quote Metallica "Fuck'em all".

It sucks at this moment 'cause you're nursing your wounds, but you are waaay better off. Screw her and her "victories". Not even sure what that means. What did she even achieve at the end of the day? How did she win? She lost you, our beloved D.A. whom we treasure and appreciate. Totally her loss.

Furthermore, not to be cliché, but as the saying goes, the best way to get over someone is to get under someone. Get out there tiger! You are young and free. Cheers to a new, bright, and drama free drunkard future!
Okole maluna!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

yeah let`s get wasted. Screw people from the anti-drunk league, they have now clue how to even spell fun
Drink!

DrunkinEurope
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by DrunkinEurope »

As someone that's been in a similar situation (entangled in a messy relationship with a teetotaler), I can say that the German power couple above is dead right; fuck those dries. I was wallowing in misery for a while when that relationship ended unceremoniously (probably sent a few very hateful drunken emails to her; do NOT do that, friend), but now I'm thankful it ended when it did. And you should feel lucky your relationship ended now and not way down the road, where there might have been a marriage, or even children, to complicate everything. And most things she blamed you for weren't your fault; it's her fault, for having the "holier than thou" attitude most dries have. They think it's perfectly all right to blame everything on our drinking and they think it's their "holy duty" to make us quit boozing but if we try to show them how much fun drinking can be we are raging alcoholics that ought to go to meetings in dank basements or be locked up a prison cell. So, yeah, what the wiser people before me said: go out there and have fun, find someone that drinks as much as you do, and, most importantly, drink!