Have you ever been 86'd from your favorite bar?

Where you like to get loaded, and why.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Post Reply
Hugh
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders
Posts: 218
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:38 am
Location: San Diego CA

Have you ever been 86'd from your favorite bar?

Post by Hugh » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:05 am

I haven't, but I don't know why not. Sometimes I'm a bad drunk. I can sit and drink for hours (one day I drank at my favorite dive for 10 hours) but the drunker I get the worse I behave. Yesterday I drank for seven hours, and started running my mouth. I said something I shouldn't have about one of the regulars, and she overheard me and went off. I left immediately, but I fell down out on the sidewalk. Some kind stranger came by and got an Uber for me. I haven't been back to the bar today, and I'm too embarrassed to ask any of my friends if they've heard anything about me being 86'd. Frankly, I probably have NOT been 86'd, but it is possible. But worse than that was me running my mouth and causing someone else to get upset.

If you've been 86'd from a favorite bar, do you go back and ask to be reinstated? I don't think I could do that, no matter how much I like the bar.

I'm so depressed over this I stayed in bed all day today. Perhaps I should just self-86 and never go back. I could find another dive to drink in, but god knows how long it'd be before I run my mouth there, too.

User avatar
buzzsaw
Booze Head
Booze Head
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:29 pm

Re: Have you ever been 86'd from your favorite bar?

Post by buzzsaw » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:28 am

Hugh wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:05 am
I haven't, but I don't know why not. Sometimes I'm a bad drunk. I can sit and drink for hours (one day I drank at my favorite dive for 10 hours) but the drunker I get the worse I behave. Yesterday I drank for seven hours, and started running my mouth. I said something I shouldn't have about one of the regulars, and she overheard me and went off. I left immediately, but I fell down out on the sidewalk. Some kind stranger came by and got an Uber for me. I haven't been back to the bar today, and I'm too embarrassed to ask any of my friends if they've heard anything about me being 86'd. Frankly, I probably have NOT been 86'd, but it is possible. But worse than that was me running my mouth and causing someone else to get upset.

If you've been 86'd from a favorite bar, do you go back and ask to be reinstated? I don't think I could do that, no matter how much I like the bar.

I'm so depressed over this I stayed in bed all day today. Perhaps I should just self-86 and never go back. I could find another dive to drink in, but god knows how long it'd be before I run my mouth there, too.
Story of my life, dont sweat it. Soon as i heard "she" and "86d" i knew a fella had been wronged. Hang in there man. Yes, no talking is just our game (subtly hidden)

User avatar
buzzsaw
Booze Head
Booze Head
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:29 pm

Re: Have you ever been 86'd from your favorite bar?

Post by buzzsaw » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:33 am

Honestly, i wouldnt go back there. Plenty of other places to actually have a good night at. Drinking at home alone is never beneath me either

And just to reiterate, i did the same shit as recently as early December

User avatar
oettinger
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed
Posts: 8524
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:23 am

Re: Have you ever been 86'd from your favorite bar?

Post by oettinger » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:42 am

I once stumbled into one of my favorite pubs already punch drunk. The owner refused to sell me more until a friend guarantied I`ll not break anything and even put his i.d. up for deposit for whatever reason. (I mean, what is he supposed to do with it just in case...??!?!?)
Needles to say I broke some fance whisky glass immediately.
Another time I was asked out beacuse I was mistaken for someone else. Like really? How many bald, yet long haired, 6'2, 240 pound metal heads do frequent that place?
Is it just me or did the boxed bumwine cork a little bit?
Image

User avatar
buzzsaw
Booze Head
Booze Head
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:29 pm

Re: Have you ever been 86'd from your favorite bar?

Post by buzzsaw » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:21 am

You know those cheesy punching bag machines? Yeah... Those things always make me look like a douche, they are like a douche magnet, and I tend to be victim. Just don't forget to yell "grand champion!" when you punch the hell out of that thing, because you'll have at least 20 dudes talking shit to you afterwards... lol..

User avatar
buzzsaw
Booze Head
Booze Head
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:29 pm

Re: Have you ever been 86'd from your favorite bar?

Post by buzzsaw » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:28 am

oettinger wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:42 am
I once stumbled into one of my favorite pubs already punch drunk. The owner refused to sell me more until a friend guarantied I`ll not break anything and even put his i.d. up for deposit for whatever reason. (I mean, what is he supposed to do with it just in case...??!?!?)
Needles to say I broke some fance whisky glass immediately.
Another time I was asked out beacuse I was mistaken for someone else. Like really? How many bald, yet long haired, 6'2, 240 pound metal heads do frequent that place?
lol

Hugh
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders
Posts: 218
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:38 am
Location: San Diego CA

Re: Have you ever been 86'd from your favorite bar?

Post by Hugh » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:52 pm

I was drinking in my back-up dive bar yesterday, and after I got drunk I decided to go back to the scene of the crime. Not only am I not 86'd, nobody had even heard any talk making the rounds about anything that I might have done Friday night. In fact, the woman who I'd upset (or maybe just thought I'd upset) came in and acted completely normal, she didn't say a thing to me despite sitting nearby. Maybe I made this whole thing bigger than it was. But goddamb - I'm glad I got my bar back! In fact I had a rip-roaring good time last night. Will be going back tonight.

WOOHOO! - to quote Homer Simpson.
Last edited by Hugh on Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hugh
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders
Posts: 218
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:38 am
Location: San Diego CA

Re: Have you ever been 86'd from your favorite bar?

Post by Hugh » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:53 pm

At my backup bar yesterday there was someone there who actually drank longer than I did. He was there when I arrived and still there six hours later when I left. I don't think I've ever seen that in my life, someone sitting at a bar longer than me.

Once not too long ago I began drinking in the morning and later that evening someone came into the bar and said, "Have you been here all this time?" She had been in there that morning for a drink before going to work, and came back in after work. She couldn't believe I spent the entire day on that same barstool.

BTW, that's how Bukowski used to drink when he lived in Philadelphia. He would be in before the bar even opened (the opening bartender would let him in early) and he'd still be there when it closed. He'd sometimes go out for a nap in the alley or a nearby graveyard during the day. He said kids would come by and poke him with sticks while he was passed out. He also used to get in fights with the night shift bartender, it was portrayed in the movie Barfly.

But that's what I believe bars are for. To get drunk. I used to feel embarrassed if I thought people noticed I'd been sitting there like a lump on a log all day. Not anymore. If somebody wants to go to a bar to socialize, good for them. But I don't do that. I'm there to get drunk.

User avatar
Patchez
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski
Posts: 4831
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:41 pm
Location: South Central, PA

Re: Have you ever been 86'd from your favorite bar?

Post by Patchez » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:56 am

I've been 86'd from quite a few bars. They become a self imposed lifetime ban for me as I won't set foot in any of them again. Fuck 'em. They won't let me free the inner monkey on occasion? Then they don't need all the cash that rolls outta my pockets on the easier days either.
“The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy also mentions alcohol. It says that the best drink in existence is the Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster, the effect of which is like having your brains smashed out with a slice of lemon wrapped round a large gold brick.” -Douglas Adams

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

User avatar
Rye and Coke
Souse
Souse
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:43 pm

Re: Have you ever been 86'd from your favorite bar?

Post by Rye and Coke » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:46 pm

Hugh wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:52 pm
I was drinking in my back-up dive bar yesterday, and after I got drunk I decided to go back to the scene of the crime. Not only am I not 86'd, nobody had even heard any talk making the rounds about anything that I might have done Friday night. In fact, the woman who I'd upset (or maybe just thought I'd upset) came in and acted completely normal, she didn't say a thing to me despite sitting nearby. Maybe I made this whole thing bigger than it was. But goddamb - I'm glad I got my bar back! In fact I had a rip-roaring good time last night. Will be going back tonight.

WOOHOO! - to quote Homer Simpson.
Of course no one said anything, no one remembered! LOL! Everyone at the time was probably in the midst of a blackout anyway.
"I feel sorry for people who don’t drink or do drugs. Because someday they’re going to be in a hospital bed, dying, and they won’t know why." - Redd Foxx

User avatar
oettinger
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed
Posts: 8524
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:23 am

Re: Have you ever been 86'd from your favorite bar?

Post by oettinger » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:49 pm

I got kicked out off a bar in Exeter England once. The bartender said "you`ve had enough"! And my reply was No.
I ended up sleeping in some park nearby and Palinka was looking for me: fat metal dude, red bandana, slightly loaded, seen any?
Is it just me or did the boxed bumwine cork a little bit?
Image

Post Reply