Bars in Baltimore

Where you like to get loaded, and why.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Circling over Shannon
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard
Location: Sorry to inform you that party headquaters has closed its doors in Philly and has moved to Baltimore

Bars in Baltimore

Post by Circling over Shannon »

I'm relatively new to baltimore and I was just wondering if there were any small really chill bars or if you guys have any favorite bars in the area? I know baltimore is industrial city like, and it'd be nice to find a relaxed small town feeling bar.

Sully73
Souse
Souse

Post by Sully73 »

I don't live in Baltimore, but I went to college 45 minutes North of it and I have plenty of friends down there that I visit.

Chill bars-

Try any of the bars outside of the Harbor, if you walk west of the Harbor you'll end up in the old Section of Fells Point, some really small cool hometown places there. Almost reminded me of when I visited Richmond and hung out in the Fan section, old row home houses coverted into bar/resteraunts.

My favorite though has to be the Wharf Rat, great food, good micro-brews and good people. Yeah, your in the tourist area of Fells Point where lots of college kids hang out, but bars like the Greene Turtle are pretty cool too.

Have Fun!
What Whiskey and Butter cannot cure,
there is no cure for.

Circling over Shannon
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard
Location: Sorry to inform you that party headquaters has closed its doors in Philly and has moved to Baltimore

Thanks for the info--I have heard of the green turtle but never been.

Juniper
Souse
Souse

Post by Juniper »

Mr. Juniper and I really enjoyed a bar called Friend's, also in the Fells Point Area.
Forever in gin and sin...

Max Vol
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by Max Vol »

I used to live within stumbling distance of the Mojo (formerly Tattoo) in Gardenville. It's a intimate little place with good music and they used to have pretty good chili. Check it out!

See:

http://www.mojobalto.com/

Actually that area is kinda cool if you like to drink. On Belair Rd., there must be a bar every block. Lots of obscure local bars that are great for
people watching and unpretentious boozing. I used to do the circuit.

Racer's on Harford Rd used to have a three beers for $3 deal and a very excellent selection of brews on tap. Their liquor store is connected by a passage way, so you can get easily get something to go.

Finally, If you like brewpubs, I was always fond of Sisson's in Federal Hill. Nice staff and the food was pretty good. They had happy hour specials too.

Welcome to Balto. I was sorry to have to leave.
"Whiskey and Beer are a man's worst enemies... but the man that runs away from his enemies is a coward!"

Circling over Shannon
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Max Vol wrote:
See:

http://www.mojobalto.com/

Actually that area is kinda cool if you like to drink...

Welcome to Balto. I was sorry to have to leave.
Ok well who doesn't love to drink-and thank you so much! I can't wait to follow (or should I say stumble) in your footsteps. I live down the block from Hopkins U. and didn't know anyone who lived there--so it's great to get the inside info. Thanks again

HUMONGO
Souse
Souse

Post by HUMONGO »

Go down Fell's Point, Hon!!!

Two of the best bars around are down there...
1. Cat's Eye Cafe
2. Horse You Rode In On

Great thing about the Horse is that it's small and a great place to tie one on. There are mirrors along one wall that makes the place seem bigger when you get a couple a' bottles into your bender!!!
"If she finds out I got fired for drinkin', she's gonna' blame me!!!"
Peter Griffin-Family Guy

"A respectable amount of bourbon to pour into a glass is two fingers' worth. Lucky for me I have big fingers."
Booker Noe

God of Chunder
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by God of Chunder »

There's a place in Fell's Point that has no name, it's just called "Bar". It's the real deal, no b.s., all locals, cheap, crazy.
Up by Hopkin's is Pete's Pub (at least that's what I think it's called. Quite nice and hidden away. It's on Charles.
Cat's Eye is great as well.

Circling over Shannon
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

I live on charles. I've never seen that pub:(
I'm ganna have to go on a hunt tomorrow since I'm off.
Maybe u were thinking of PJ's. That place is kick ass

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

If I haven't mentioned it before, go to th Brickskeller in DC. Worlds largest beer selection. And the menu looked good. Megan is a kickass bartender (and she's hot.)

Omar The Tentmaker
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders
Location: Second Barstool to the left, and still drinking in the morning

Post by Omar The Tentmaker »

COS I must say i like the new avitr doesnt fit the name so weel but it still i a wicked awesome av. sorry had to humor my friends from the jersey area
I have a newfound respect for vegetarians. With all the good enjoyable things they cut out of their diets, they still leave in alcohol.

Non-alcoholic beers make not a Drunkard

Circling over Shannon
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Omar The Tentmaker wrote:COS I must say i like the new avitr doesnt fit the name so weel but it still i a wicked awesome av. sorry had to humor my friends from the jersey area
Tank ya :D
Yea I was tired of Yeltsin's face (and dougherty's as well)

tperk
Tippler
Tippler

Post by tperk »

HUMONGO wrote:Go down Fell's Point, Hon!!!

Two of the best bars around are down there...
1. Cat's Eye Cafe
2. Horse You Rode In On

Great thing about the Horse is that it's small and a great place to tie one on. There are mirrors along one wall that makes the place seem bigger when you get a couple a' bottles into your bender!!!

Funny you mention "Horse You..." My only visit to Baltimore was to see a band called Sixty Watt Shaman play the Ottobar. Most of the band was from the B-more area at the time, and they hade a song on their latest cd called "Horse You Rode in On" Seems Rev Jim musta tied a few on there!

God of Chunder
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by God of Chunder »

It is PJ's...way down under a long awning? Impossible to find unless you're looking for it? Love it. Is the Charles Village Tavern still around?

Circling over Shannon
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

jbraynolds wrote:It is PJ's...way down under a long awning? Impossible to find unless you're looking for it? Love it. Is the Charles Village Tavern still around?
That's Pj's. I'm not sure about the Charles Village Tavern but on St. Paul street there's a Charles Village Pub--they might have changed their name (I just got here). Both places are pretty cool.