CLEVELAND!!!

Where you like to get loaded, and why.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Libation
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

CLEVELAND!!!

Post by Libation »

Ontario Lounge--maybe the most integrated dive we've ever drank in--is moving in October around the corner from Ontario to a spot on W. 2nd, behind the old Goldfish Army-Navy, next to Helen Carters (a purveyor of something other than booze, apparently) and into the old diner spot there. We'll miss it, for sure. Stop in before the re-location. We just enjoyed its ambiance last night, matter of fact, before the Tribe scalped the Stankees, ho ho ho.
killed a twelve just to watch it die

massivedrunk

Post by massivedrunk »

Really, Ill have to go downtown on Friday.
Still just figuring it all out. Still not really figuring it out.

Libation
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Libation »

Just returned to the Ontario Lounge and they HADN'T moved. We asked for an explanation, and may've gotten one, but didn't listen to it. So, if you're marooned in downtown and can't abide the martini bars, the trendy spots, the dance clubs, the hotel bars, the franchises, the sports spots, the concert halls, ad nauseum, and are merely looking to hunker in a dive with some sweet sweet booze, have your concierge direct you to the Ontario--now in its old location.

Libation
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Libation »

[quote="massivedrunk"]Really, Ill have to go downtown on Friday.[/quote]

well if you do massivedrunk, don't give a thought to trying to wedge into Moriarty's, way too much risk of vomit splatter. Could be a flask/12 pack jacket in the streets type night. Don't know if they opened that place above Mr. Albert's Pimp Fashions, where scantily clad women are to be seen dancing in the windows in silouette, but that's not our kind of scene no how. We may just take our set into a classy hotel bar, and find tourist revelers trashing the place, for that may be amusing. Enjoy it massivedrunk.

Bluto
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Lookign for a place to bend my elbow in Cleveland

Post by Bluto »

I'll spending a few days in the fair City of Cleveland come the end of July. Any recomendation on where I should be should be imbibing? Besides the free cocktail hour at my hotel, that is. Any advice would be much appreciated.
take care

-Bluto

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Bluto wrote:I'll spending a few days in the fair City of Cleveland come the end of July...
Be sure to contact massivedrunk by PM, he will tell you where the best places to go can be found. He may even consent to be your native guide and bearer.

By the way, welcome aboard, Bluto. Damned glad to meet you. Post drunk. Post often. Post drunk often.

Be sure to browe the board and the main website (especially those areas dealing with merchandise, subscriptions and the convention).

Cheers,
P.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Libation
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Libation »

what do you like and what area you staying at Bluto? We think Massivdrunks a subourbonite. If you're downtown, Ontario Lounge, as described above, is good for simple straighforward boozing. It's on Ontario. Within walking distance of that is a ton of other stuff: next door, a Cajun Style bar/restraunt, Fat Fish Blue, with bands; the House of Blues; bunch of pre-game/sports bars around the ballpark Jacobs Field; hipster bars on W.6th in the Warehouse District; stripper joints and young stuff dance clubs in the Flats.

We like simple straightforward drinking: Moriarty's on E.4th, the Little Bar around the corner from Johnny's (famous high end restraunt) on W.6th; the back bar (just walk right through the kitchen,it's OK) at the Mardi Gras on E.21st and Rockwell. The front bar there has good food and jazz. Garage Bar or Old Angle both on W. 25th, though somewhat trendy.

No matter where you stay, you got to get to Hooples on the west edge of the Flats, Columbus Ave, at some point. Thursday night's best, a rocking guitar maestro plays for free. Gorgeous view of the skyline in an unpretentious all-comers tavern.

If your gay, we don't know, but this weekend there's 6000+ conventioneers coming in for a leather party, some are bound (haha) to be gay and you can ask them. HQ we think is the Wyndham Hotel.

have a great time. Report back.

massivedrunk

Post by massivedrunk »

Libation wrote: Moriarty's on E.4th,
I was there yesterday. The Boneyard too.

Libation
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Libation »

Libation wrote:If your gay, we don't know,
massivedrunk wrote:I was there yesterday. The Boneyard too.
Guess that answers that. :wink:

massivedrunk

Post by massivedrunk »

Libation wrote:
Libation wrote:If your gay, we don't know,
massivedrunk wrote:I was there yesterday. The Boneyard too.
Guess that answers that. :wink:
The boneyard isn't a gay bar.

Man-Zone is

And the Tool Shed.

(real bars, I assure you)

JohnnyT

Post by JohnnyT »

Have I been gone that long? I don't know any of these joints. Ah well.

Bluto
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Bluto »

Thanks for the advice. I've heard a lot of good things about Hooples, so I think I may have to check that out. I'm going to be staying in downtown Cleveland. I'll be in town for a wedding so I've got an open bar at my disposal for Friday and Saturday, but am looking for some good straighforward drinking earlier in the week. I'd rather hang out with the local drinks than at a T.G.I.Fridays.

SamHarmon
Tippler
Tippler

Post by SamHarmon »

Bluto, Libation named some of my top bars in the city (Moriarty's. Little Bar, Mardi Gras, & Hooples). A few more would be Hotz Cafe and the Literary Cafe in Tremont, these two places are not part of the trendy Tremont. The Literary is only open Thur Fri & Sat good drinking bar and is the hang out for many of the local artist. The Harbor Inn in the Flats is still a good place to go with something like 100 different beers. The Parkview on W58th has good bands on saturday nights. The ABC on W25th is a good drinking bar (across the street fron Garage). And last but not least would be the West Side Market Cafe inside the WSM on W25th & Lorain. The only problem with this place is that the only serve beer and wine, but it's still a good place to go on a late Sataurday afternoon and drink with the butchers from the Market.

Hope this helps.
Scotch - Because one doesn't solve the world's problems over white wine. -- Anonymous

Martini Time
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Martini Time »

I've never been to Cleveland, so I can't add anything of substance.

Sam Harmon was Dean Martin's character in Oceans Eleven. Good call for a MDM handle.

New guy buys, so I'll take a Beefeater & Tonic, if you will. Oh, since I have to run off to work now, I'll take it when I get back. Thanks, and welcome aboard.
"Martinis are a balm against a sordid world, a shield against all that is sullied, rushed and coarse"

SamHarmon
Tippler
Tippler

Post by SamHarmon »

I'm glad you noticed that Martini, and for your keen observation your first two are on me.
Scotch - Because one doesn't solve the world's problems over white wine. -- Anonymous