Lancers Lounge

Where you like to get loaded, and why.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Modern Drunkard
Site Admin

Lancers Lounge

Post by Modern Drunkard »

The best pour west of the Mississippi. I'm not joking. If you visit Denver, you must visit the Lancer. I made the mistake, like many before me, of ordering a double when I first walked in. "Just order a single" is their watchword and you'll understand why. Order a Cape Cod and you will see a tinge of pink. It's beyond the pale. Fights do break out there, of course, because of the overload, but that's part of the experience. A genuine institution.

Resident Asshole
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Re: Lancers Lounge

Post by Resident Asshole »

A review of the place:

"Strong drinks, pinball, chicks making out, hippies arguing about beard growth..what more could you ask for? Also every monday 10-11 you can drink for free. I don't suggest driving to this bar, because by the time you leave..you probably shouldn't be."

I need to know if the free drinking on monday is true.
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

Bur

Post by Bur »

Resident Evil wrote:A review of the place:

"Strong drinks, pinball, chicks making out, hippies arguing about beard growth..what more could you ask for? Also every monday 10-11 you can drink for free. I don't suggest driving to this bar, because by the time you leave..you probably shouldn't be."

I need to know if the free drinking on monday is true.
Holy fucking shit. That'll sure put some fresh energy to your week of the usual grind.

Also might be a life saver after weekend gone long

Douchey
Tippler
Tippler

Post by Douchey »

Holy shit, this place is only a few blocks from where I live. I'm going this Friday. I'll keep you all posted.

(from the reviews I've read on YELP, the free drink special on Monday between 10-11pm is true)

Resident Asshole

I stopped in there when I was passing through Denver. There's a couple of pics a short review in my thread here: http://moderndrunkardmagazine.com/bbs/v ... 14&t=65059
Bourbon is my blood.

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

Judge

Post by Judge »

My local is the same minus the ruckus. Those old ladies make my wife's screwdrivers the proper way, this color so pale it looks like the sun on an overcast winter's day.

$3.50 and every rum and coke, vodka tonic etc. is a double.
Proverbs 31:6&7

"Pain is sometimes the price of laughter."-Oggar

CPE1704TKS

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane"-Marcus Aurelius

And afterwords we can run amok! Or if you're too tired, we can walk amok.

gnarkill
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by gnarkill »

Indeed. It's a good spot. I like that, after I spend an afternoon there downing the goods, I can go across the street to benny's and get about 2500 colories worth of mexican food for 5 bucks, thus fortifying myself for the rest of the evening at the lancer.
IN VINO VERITAS

Big Hym
Tippler
Tippler

Post by Big Hym »

Parking in the backyard of one not so smelly unisex bathroom and a shot at the biggest shots in town and one really funny ongoing soap opera with a cast of characters that grow on you as you don't grow up and changes daily and why can't we find a seat at the bar and who are these people anyway but seating does not guarentee reasonable or even acceptable service but then the shots are big and the bartender could be your best friend (really!) and still be slow but the entertainment is free and the shots (duh) are big makes this an interesting and attractive yet apalling venue. Come early, come often.

Ivan Dragunov

Big Hym
Tippler
Tippler

Post by Big Hym »

How come I don't have a picture of George Jones by my posting?

Resident Asshole

cuz ur a noob
Bourbon is my blood.

Bur

Post by Bur »

Resident Asshole wrote:cuz ur a noob
dem pros know

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Wingman »

we haz de leet hackz. alcohol FTW!
Stupid should hurt.

"We're better than mere people, we're DRUNKARDS."
--ThirstyDrunk

beerkegbilly
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God
Location: in a hollow of a tree or in a wishing well but alway on my pot of gold really Penna USA

Post by beerkegbilly »

sounds cool and what about the chicks making out are they hot or what.
Is that true or no dude.

Resident Asshole

When I went there the only cute girl was my sister. Everyone else was over 40. It was funny cuz they all thought she was there with me so they didn't hit on her. Then when they found out it was my sister they were extra nice to me and tried to hit on her, to which she replied that her husband is bigger than me and they stopped.
Bourbon is my blood.

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Modern Drunkard wrote:...you must visit the Lancer...
Didn't you take me there on my birthday, once?

I still like "Bar Bar", as a good one (that I can remember, at least).
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage