Looking for a bar in DC...

Where you like to get loaded, and why.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Fbomb
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Looking for a bar in DC...

Post by Fbomb »

I know many already, but they're after-work joints for the gainfully employed. I got reorganized at work and took the bailout package, so now I'm hanging out care-free for a while. Lovin it! Just need to get re-aquainted with the days of non-corporate activity. Anybody know some good places to go hang out between 12 and 4 in this town? Preferably with other people who don't give a shit about working for the time being, just maintaining... It's just too good a time to not mingle on the shores of Margaritaville with fellow castaways of the down economy!

Surreal
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Re: Looking for a bar in DC...

Post by Surreal »

Cafe Saint-Ex
1847 14th Street Northwest.

Bar Pilar
1833 14th Street Northwest.

If Beson is at either joint, tell him Cleetus and Elvis say hello.
fuck em man, it ain't easy walkin the righteous path.
- Hoss

Booz Hound
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Booz Hound »

If you’re still checking this post: Post Pub or Stan's on Vermont and K. Or Shooter McGee’s on Duke St in Alexandria. I highly recommend Stan’s; the drinks are great, a glass of liquor and a small craft of what ever your mixer was. Example: Jim and Coke, tall glass of ice and Jim, filled to the top, and a wee craft of Coke. You pretty much have to take a shot just to get enough room to get the coke in. Awesome!
Fear the Man, kill the snitch. Just remember life's a bitch.
- Motorhead

Oh nooo, my brain!
- Hans Moleman

Army Grunt
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by Army Grunt »

I gotcha if you want to drive to Baltimore.

"The Goddess" off of Utah & the strip. $1 Wild Turkey shots. The dancers aren't the best, but the dark shit is cheap and they'll serve you no matter how drunk.
******WARNING******DISCLAIMER OF OFFENSIVE CONTENT********
THE A.G. may say some things you may not like. If at any time, for any reason,
you feel offended or insulted or angered by anything that THE A.G. says, please,
try to remember that it isn't THE A.G.'s fault, and you should go fuck yourself.

Resident Asshole
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Resident Asshole »

Army Grunt wrote:I gotcha if you want to drive to Baltimore.

"The Goddess" off of Utah & the strip. $1 Wild Turkey shots. The dancers aren't the best, but the dark shit is cheap and they'll serve you no matter how drunk.
Who cares about dancers when you have $1 Turkey!
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

Resident Asshole

Post by Resident Asshole »

sofiya wrote:Hey there! Welcome to the forum! Why don't you share some of your experiences in Costa Rica Hotels? I’m sure there are a lot of people who would like to hear about that!
And thank you bot, I will. The Poseidon in Jaco was an amazing hotel. Two blocks from the beach, amazing food, great bartenders, nice mini-fridge with reasonable prices, free internet (a big thing for Costa Rica), very competitive exchange rates, great open-air pool and my favorite...take a girl of your choice back to your room for a nominal fee.
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

DrunkInDC
Tippler
Tippler

Post by DrunkInDC »

Nanny O'Brien's on Connecticut Ave in Cleveland Park.

I know Cleveland Park is full of million dollar homes and thousand dollar strollers, but there are still one or two places that time forgot. Nanny's is definitely one of them. I should know, I bartended on the morning shift there years ago. This is the kind of place where people come in, take a few shots, and suck on a lemon as they leave so their boss won't smell it. Solid group of regulars, as unpretentious as it gets. Check it out.

Jiggers McCoy
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Jiggers McCoy »

Left DC last fall, but we always liked these places:

The Raven in Mt. Pleasant - total dive but you can get a single of Knob Creek for $5
Red Derby at 14th and Quincy - shot of Beam and a Schlitz for $5, all day everyday
The Heights at 14th and Kenyon - kinda yuppyish, but happy hour everyday and very good food
Cafe Wahzobiah at 9th and T (i think) - divey West African joint with cheap pours and entertaining clientele
Asylum in Adams Morgan - The countdown: every saturday starting at 5, High Life draws start at 50 cents, and go up 25 cents every hour til close
• "Avoiding the darker alcohols like bourbon, red wine and dark rum might lessen [a hangover] and you might also dance better if you wear a tutu instead of trousers." - FKR

• "If you wanna 'talk about' my drinking, it better be about how fucking awesome it is." - Me

wired
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by wired »

Stay out of Arlington, it's full of yuppies who will pay $5 for PBR.