The Favourite

Where you like to get loaded, and why.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

The Favourite

Post by Mr. Viking »

Pub where I used to live in Northern Ireland, open fire, horses on the tv, and they served you at any age so long as you could hold your drink. Closed for refurbishment now, hope they don't ruin it
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Re: The Favourite

Post by Mr. Viking »

well I went back for a pool tournament. They've got rid of the dank but maybe it will come back. excellent pool tables. Sell most spirits by the bottle. Much brighter and airier than before. Most importantly, it has regulars, who will pass comment any time you pass the threshold. And Old Michael who runs the place, but spends most of his time on our side of the bar. Was a bit warm and they seem to have given up on the fire in favour of central heating. It is still on of my favourites, though. They also serve excellent guinness and Bass which is shit almost all the time, apart from the very occasional pint that is almost drinkable
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

the fire has returned, and now there is a trophy on the bar of a cue ball that got shot into it accidentally. Also they are fairly relaxed when it comes to going behind the bar

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

I find it quite interesting that every time I read about a bar around this place all the games accompanying your drinks are pool, dice, darts ore something else.
But tabletop soccer is never mentioned. Here in germany it`s the shit. If you don`t have one you can almost screw half of your potential custumors of your list.
I don`t care for it though, as I don`t really care for any of that stuff. I`m in a bar to get loaded. Maybe talk ineffable stupid shit to strangers, get turned down by the last chick standing etc...
If I intend to play games I go to the nearby sheriffs office and drunkenly insist on playing tag.
Tabletop soccer can be fun though (albeit only when the inebriation field is even, gettin your ass kicked by some undrunk hippster isn`t).

So, do you people even know it and just don`t like it then?

Btw, drunken pool or darts can be realllllllly dangerous sometimes
Drink!