The Victoria, Glasgow

Where you like to get loaded, and why.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

The Victoria, Glasgow

Post by Mr. Viking »

I first met Shane's dentist here, they sell bottles of special brew. It is very dark, and they have a separated lounge. It is also just accross the road from me and I saw a sign on it saying they now offer a discount card
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Shane-O-Matic
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Re: The Victoria, Glasgow

Post by Shane-O-Matic »

Hahah, really? I ought to have checked it out tonight. Instead, I fell out of Fiddlers.

The Vic is a nice pub. No bullshit.

Bur
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Bur »

Another thing on my to-do list. It is ever growing. I should kill some. I did get a free lunch and beer, yesterday.

And sparkly wine was 1,5 euros per glass. Holy_shit. I found a place in Helsinki where I could afford to get bombed, that's another first. Now I come think of it you two should do some sort of feature outta 'Vic' with pictures and staff.

Somehow early part of my post was meant to be lead-up to that point^. Feeling a little bit odd today.

Shane-O-Matic
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Shane-O-Matic »

I'm actually surprised that I never took you to The Vic, Bur. We did cover pretty much every pub from the other side of Partick X to the city centre, though.

If plans to get to Finland look workable, I'm sure that Mr Viking would love the chance to proclaim "fuckin' Bur!" and drink himself silly wif ya.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Lucky Bawstuds.

Invite the likes of me, and I will commence collecting returnables from the roadside for sea fare.

Damn lucky be ye
Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

Shane-O-Matic
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Shane-O-Matic »

The invite is always there, tdc! I'm currently working on a project to lessen the distance between the US and the UK. After all, you and and the same are missing out on a wealth of alcoholic delights from the other continent. Things can't stay this way...

Does that make sense? Will re-read this after work, when I've bought booze...

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Shane-O-Matic wrote:The invite is always there, tdc! I'm currently working on a project to lessen the distance between the US and the UK. After all, you and and the same are missing out on a wealth of alcoholic delights from the other continent. Things can't stay this way...

Makes great sense to the likes of me, my friend.

But I'm just another Drunkard.

Well met!
Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Shane-O-Matic wrote:The invite is always there, tdc! I'm currently working on a project to lessen the distance between the US and the UK. After all, you and and the same are missing out on a wealth of alcoholic delights from the other continent. Things can't stay this way...

So let's see what's what. If you are thinking land bridge it may well be impossible what with hurricanes sliding up the East coast of the U.S. come the end of summer. Though a tunnel may be possible. So if a tunnel under the Channel is the Chunnel that would make a tunnel under the Atlantic... the Annel?
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

EASTER EGG THREE

Home For Some : Saven

Monica drove her carriage over the path to her oasis. The desert held its breath.

Sean’s eyes widened as they drew near.

White cement glowed with hues of the low desert sun. On each side, green lawns stretched across the horizon.

The red sky before them melted into the dark bruise they escaped. Beyond the white mansion in the distance, he saw the eye that judges us all.

S o l

Monica said, “Shhh. Honey. It’s nothing at all.”

One of the garage bays opened and she crept in there like a shadow.

Sean looked about him and saw other vehicles. These gleamed form soft cloths caressed on good paint. Many were quite old. Some were very fast.

He looked across the seat to his new Lady and he whispered. He said, “Are you absolutely certain that I should be here?”

Monica giggled. Yeah, that was how she was. She whispered back. She said, “You don’t have to whisper. We are all alone here and now. No one will be back for two days. We are free.”

Sean did not know what to say.

The large man climbed out of the little car. He clicked the door shut and saw his sooty imprint on her white leather seat. He looked up at Monica.

He said, “I’ll clean that.”

Monica giggled again. She said, “Sean. You can’t clean up your mark.”

Then she walked away, and Sean watched her backside as she navigated around the vehicles.

He looked down at the white leather and frowned.

He whispered. He said, “I don’t deserve her. What the hell am I doing here?”

The door to the house closed, and the lights in the interior of the garage dimmed. He panicked. He did not want to be left behind. That was his worst fear.

He did not want to scar one of those metal arts of work, there, in the darkness.

Do not panic. Never panic. Always keep your hands upon the steering wheel no matter what happens. You will get hurt, but you might escape death.

The lights grew bright again, and the door opened.

Monica said, “Hurry the fuck up!”

And, of course, she giggled again.

Sean hurried the fuck up.

MONICAMONICAMONICAMONICAMONICAMONICAMONICAMONICAMONICAMONICAMONICAMONICAMONICAMONICAMONICAMONICAMONICAMONICA

Now it is time for us to imbibe together.

Here’s a tune while you fix us both a DRINK! if you please.

I’ll have a Martini. Thank you very much.

All set?

3… 2… 1… Mmmmm…

*ahem*

Quietude.

This is an attitude in the altitude.

It speaks of a place, when the place whispers to you. This is also known as peace.

Sean followed Monica inside her safe haven. Saven? Huh. We will call it that, for now.

Now, you must remember that Monica had been a busy girl since she escaped the Sans Joking Estates.

This was her day:

1. Argue with a Naked Chick and try to protect us Passed-Out Punks.
2. Steal a broken hearse to hide it.
3. Make herself presentable after fire and explosions, (still worrying about her friends)
4. Meet Sean, and take him to Saven.

She did not know that the Naked Chick and her friends took everything from us during our comatose. Of course, no one could steal our dignity form us. We never had any to begin with.

Sean saw the candles everywhere. They glowed. None of the electric lights shined. Monica could have burned the whole place down.

He whispered. He said, “I feel like I’m in a museum.”

Monica giggled into her hand. She said, “That’s how I feel here.”

Huh.

He showered inside a large glass box beyond the master bedroom on the top floor.

Water sprayed form every direction at him. He felt like water attacked his filth.

It did.

He dried off with white towels that felt like they were woven form cashmere.

Upon one of the white marble surfaces across the room, on the far side, he saw a folded stack of red silk bed clothes.

He slipped them on, and found that they were actually a bit large for his size. To whom did these belong?

At least they smelled clean.

Monica knocked on one of the doors. She said, “Are you hungry?”

Sean slid the silk robe over his pajamas and said, “I could eat two of you.”

And that was when they fu—

*ahem*

I mean, we will come back to this in a bit.

Now it is time to DRINK!

Here’s a pass-out tune, form me, to you, my lovely Lady friends of the MDM.

Sleep well.