Prince of Whales pub

Where you like to get loaded, and why.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Prince of Whales pub

Post by Lush City »

This is my home bar in my corner of the world.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Prince of Whales pub

Post by oettinger »

Palm trees, rotty construction Casablanca style, looking good from the inside. Yes, whale on!
Drink!

gede
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by gede »

I note this is just the other side of Marina del Rey from one of the best bars I have visited (as an Australian, mind), Hinano Cafe just off Venice Boardwalk. Any chance you have been there?

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

So what is it about the P.O.W.'s thatI would totally join ya and have a coupla' beers on one of those mismatched bar stools.
Okole maluna!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

gede wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:33 am
I note this is just the other side of Marina del Rey from one of the best bars I have visited (as an Australian, mind), Hinano Cafe just off Venice Boardwalk. Any chance you have been there?
I stopped going down there about 15yrs ago. Too much crime and wasted residents wandering around the tourists looking for handouts. The closest I've been is the Baja Cantina on Washington Blvd in MDR
https://www.yelp.com/biz/baja-cantina-marina-del-rey
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Artful Detective wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:34 pm
So what is it about the P.O.W.'s thatI would totally join ya and have a coupla' beers on one of those mismatched bar stools.
It's the challenge of finding the stool with the cushion. That will allow you to spend the maximum amount of time before your ass goes numb. It's really all about the ambience, Pinesol room deodorizer in the bar area will tell you immediately where you are. It's dive bar heaven for a pittance during daily happy hours with free snack bar on Fridays.

gede
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by gede »

Lush City wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:44 pm
gede wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:33 am
I stopped going down there about 15yrs ago. Too much crime and wasted residents wandering around the tourists looking for handouts. The closest I've been is the Baja Cantina on Washington Blvd in MDR
https://www.yelp.com/biz/baja-cantina-marina-del-rey
Not surprised that it's not your thing, but for me the "wasted residents" were quite a novelty, as bad as that sounds. Where I come from, the beach is reserved only for the elite who can afford million $+ homes. Anyone 'undesirable' is swept out n instant. To my mind that's not the way it should be. The beach is the end of the earth. No place left to go. It's the God given province of weirdos and warriors eking it out in the fringe. Godspeed to them and the whole damn ocean. Rip open a 40 of mickeys and raise it sunward in honour of every shitty t shirt vendor and medical marijuana abusing drunkard who chooses the sand as their bed and the sea as their shower. Drink