Have you ever been 86'd from your favorite bar?

Where you like to get loaded, and why.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Atavist
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

86'd with Extreme Prejudice

Post by Atavist »

In all my years this is a new one on me. I have complained to all, adn now I will share this rant with you guys.

The back story: we have gone to the same bar for better than a year 1 - 2 nites a week. We are good people, don't cause trouble, tip well, and as far as we were aware fairly respectable bar patrons.

anyrate, on Friday Nite, I happen to be at the bar getting another round of beverages for the table, chatting with the bartender, when he points, out "Hey, itsn't that your friend?"

I turned around, to see one of my friends in a full nelson by one of the 7' tall bouncers, and the other picked up horizontal by two other bouncers. There is confusion and lots of yelling.

From my perspective, it looks like my two friends had gotten into a dust up with each other. That did not register as sane to me though.

I decide that a rational voice will solve this misunderstanding, so I jump between the two and start telling everyone to calm down.

Next thing I know, I am picked up off the ground by my fucking arms, which have been wrenched behind my back in some sort of para-nazi stormtrooper ninja manoeuver.

The three of us are dragged out the front door, which incidentally was openend post-haste with my delicate grill.

We are tossed on the street and told to fuck off.

Well, after making several phone calls, and pieceing together what happened. It turns out that some guy walked up to one of my friends, thinking he was someone else, and coldcocked him. He dropped like a rock, and when my other friend tried to pick him up of the ground, the bouncers swarmed in and thinking that they were fighting each other, grabbed them both for immediate removal. My decision (poor as it may have been) to drunkenly moderate the breuhaha, served to get me lumped in with the rest of them.

turns out the pernicious fucker who started it all, the guy who punched out my pal for no reason whatsoever, stayed, completely unscathed, to continue enjoying the nights festivites, while were were tossed to the street with brutal force.

I am never going back to this bar, I can not prescribe to the "beat there heads in, fuck asking questions" bouncer mentality. Just becuase these steroid monkey meatheads are employed as some sort of guerrilla security force, does not give them the right to just start grabbing patrons from off there feet, and opening heavy wooden doors with the front of their face.

I no longer have the effort to continue this rant in the vien with which it was intended, but my shoulders are near dislocated, I think I have a torn delt, and my face hurts all over. My glasses are bent, and even the protective juju of my extreme chest hair could not save me.

Thanks for rerading, that is all.

-G.

hophead
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by hophead »

Typical Canadian powertripping bouncers. It's too bad, you got a crappy deal. Hope you find a better bar.
***Believe*** Hey! Where's me fuckin' Harp?

Ranger6
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Ranger6 »

I decide that a rational voice will solve this misunderstanding, so I jump between the two and start telling everyone to calm down.
That was your mistake.

Get mad, say your piece, and move on.

When two of your bro's get it on, sit back and let shit play out. If some other assclown decides to get in the mix, start wrecking havoc.

You should sit back and protect those that protect you.

~Corey
I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough Without ever having felt sorry for itself

Atavist
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Atavist »

Ranger6 wrote:
That was your mistake.

Get mad, say your piece, and move on.

When two of your bro's get it on, sit back and let shit play out. If some other assclown decides to get in the mix, start wrecking havoc.

You should sit back and protect those that protect you.

~Corey
K. This is contradictory.

If it wasn't clear, these two WERE NOT fighting each other, some other assclown, as you so eloquently describeb him, walzed up, starte shit, then slunk back into the shadows.

. If it didn't seem like it that is exactly what I did. When my freinds are getting roughed up by the bouncers, amd I gonna start swingin? No. I'll try to talk our way out of it. damn thing was, boucers don't hear too good. Too much meat in their ears perhaps.

treetop
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by treetop »

that stinks, atavist. you should go back once to tell the owner specifically why you are no longer casting your dollar votes towards his continued success. let him try to placate you with free booze but then never go back anyhow. i hope you heal up okay.
it's all good in the woods, nobody hears me when i scream.

devil_springs
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by devil_springs »

I don't know about the laws in Canada, but in America a bouncer is not allowed to touch you unless you are an imediate threat to others or yourself. Any injuries you recieved should be paid with extra by the bar. Nothing pisses me off more than "might makes right" attitudes, and they are becoming more common. Even Still I would right a letter to the bar explaing what happened and demanding an apology or you will make sure others as well as yourself stop going to this place. Even if you have no intention or way to make that happen the chances of getting free alcohol out of this are pretty good.

GSG
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by GSG »

Aww fuck mate, that's really shitty. I hope you're OK, you don't deserve this kind of shit. Find a nice pub with no bouncers.
"Spiny norman wins on the bizzare terror stakes, if you haven't been stared at by a 40-foot hedgehog, you haven't lived." - Saltandgin

"Every time you don't get loaded, the terrorists win." - massivedrunk

WWDJFD?

Atavist
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Atavist »

D_S they can apparently do whatever they want up here. It happens all the time.

GSG I'll be fine, just needed to vent to people who can appreciate this for what it is, drunkard abuse, and not "Oh, you guys were drunk and in a bar, what do you expect" Fuckem all the the ear.

I have made up my mind, I'm going to find out who ownes that bar, and call him up, write a letter, or something respectable like, to convey my extreme displeasure.

GSG
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by GSG »

But do all your pubs have bouncers? It seems to be an ever-increasing trend over here in the cities. Quiet locals are still usually alright though.
"Spiny norman wins on the bizzare terror stakes, if you haven't been stared at by a 40-foot hedgehog, you haven't lived." - Saltandgin

WWDJFD?

Atavist
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Atavist »

Most do GSG, many bars / pubs sub-contract out to private security companies to assume the liability. These clowns were not private security, they were rambunctious, over eager barstaff.

GSG
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by GSG »

Atavist wrote:Most do GSG, many bars / pubs sub-contract out to private security companies to assume the liability. These clowns were not private security, they were rambunctious, over eager barstaff.
Fuck 'em. Fuck 'em right in the ear. I'm sure someone of your noble drinking pedigree provides a lot of revenue wherever you go and you're now depriving them of it. Cunts.

WWDJFD?

Atavist
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Atavist »

Gin-soaked-girl wrote:
Atavist wrote:Most do GSG, many bars / pubs sub-contract out to private security companies to assume the liability. These clowns were not private security, they were rambunctious, over eager barstaff.
Fuck 'em. Fuck 'em right in the ear. I'm sure someone of your noble drinking pedigree provides a lot of revenue wherever you go and you're now depriving them of it. Cunts.
I ran into the bartender who was serving us, and witnessed it at another bar later that nite (morning) after the first bar closed, and he was pissed, cause I told him we are never going back there, and he was bummed cause we tip good, and drink tons.

I went to a house party on Saturday, that was awsome, cost me 15 bucks for a bottle, and I drank all nite long! All kinds of good people too. I'm done with the bar for awhile, just parties from here on out.

devil_springs
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by devil_springs »

Atavist wrote:
Gin-soaked-girl wrote:
I ran into the bartender who was serving us, and witnessed it at another bar later that nite (morning) after the first bar closed, and he was pissed, cause I told him we are never going back there, and he was bummed cause we tip good, and drink tons.

I went to a house party on Saturday, that was awsome, cost me 15 bucks for a bottle, and I drank all nite long! All kinds of good people too. I'm done with the bar for awhile, just parties from here on out.
In most cases the Bar owners and the bouncers are not best friends and will be a bit pissed off that they are losing good customers and exposing them to potential law suits do to overzealousness. Unless the bar is Mob owned of course. If it isn't, a friendly note to the owner and a word from the bar tender about your spending habits as well as your usuall behavior and it may be the bouncers that will be 86'd and a few free drinks may also be yours. But make sure any corespondence is friendly and non-threatening in case it is mob(or wannabe)owned. Just the threat of losing your business can be enough. Most bouncers i know are friendly and since i tend to get to know them as well as the bartenders they often have my back. I don't go to too many large clubs though.

BoozeHound667
Tippler
Tippler

Post by BoozeHound667 »

That was totally f*cked up. I am a former bouncer and I would never tolerate that happening to a regular. The only time I ever put my hands on anyone was when I had to break up a full on fight ,and I would NEVER use a full nelson, a move that is used to inflict pain and bodily harm. Being 6'8 I rarely had to use physical force with anyone. What happened is a textbook case of excessive force and was uncalled for. Yeah I know, newsflash. The letter sounds like a good idea. A visit to a lawyer sounds like a good one as well. Good luck finding a new watering hole.

Malkor
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Malkor »

worst i ever got was being placed outside by the bouncers who merely restraind me when i got in a fight with some idiot, no nasty shit he just put me outside on my feet and told me to get some air...i went in the next night and nothing more was said, you have to do some really bad things to 86'd from most of the decent bars over here (drugs etc)