Your Suggestions for the First Modern Drunkard Convention

Are you planning a booze up? Conscript soldiers for your personal war on whiskey here.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Giles Humbert III

Your Suggestions for the First Modern Drunkard Convention

Post by Giles Humbert III »

Let's attempt to pick a time frame and location. We'll put the top five locations to vote. I think we'll require at least six months notice and a place relatively central and condusive to heavy drinking.

Giles
Last edited by Giles Humbert III on Tue Oct 14, 2003 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DrunkenJackFlask
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by DrunkenJackFlask »

How are we gonna meet centrally when some of our heavyweights (ie, Drunker Than God) are across the pond?

It's not central, but Southern California is great any time of year. You can pass out anywhere, indoors or out, with a good chance of being alive in the morning. You might be broke and naked, but hey, that could just mean you had a good time.

LuckyStrikes
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by LuckyStrikes »

1) Lost Wages
2) New Yawk

I'd like to go somewhere with accessible public transportation and/or accessible liquor close to a surface I can pass out on (i.e. bed).
Voices tell me to buy the bigger bottle!

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

If we're talking central to everybody, then NYC. If we're talking central in N.A. then New Orleans.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

LuckyStrikes
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by LuckyStrikes »

New Orleans would work for me!

deadpuppiesandwhores
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by deadpuppiesandwhores »

i know a lodge in northern canda that is very nice, fairly inexpensive, so far from people who give a damn its electricity comes from a generator by the dock and the owner is an old man that is one fine drunk that makes his own hooch and would not allow people to go to sleep undrunk.
or new awlins sounds fine.
road to hell is paved with unbought stuffed dogs.
"I AM TOO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN."
colonel sanders

http://meetme.hotornot.com/r/?emid=K8ERHQN

i'm not saying i beat the devil, but i drank his beer for nothin'.... then i stole his song.

Uncle Sal
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Uncle Sal »

Haven't we already picked Las Vegas some six months ago or more?
wasn't a convention really, more of a battle we had in mind...
Canada is no good for anyone from anywhere who has any sort of criminal record at all, they won't let you in.
even if you were under 18 at the time...

My vote is for Vegas, the drink flows 24 hours... and we have friends there don't we? We could get an entire floor of some hotel and our own bar I'm sure. Group rates on everything, and way less trouble from the law than anywhere else, and that is very important. It"d be just like the group of drunk shoe salesmen the night before. Just think, we could meet Al Bundy.

Plus, we could all puke off the edge of the Grand Canyon.
Not to mention a few days of fear and loathing afterwards for the truly brave.

VEGAS BABY!
need a woman be good to me... won't hide my whiskey try to serve me tea...

deadpuppiesandwhores
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

i don't know why i bother to suggest anything, i'll most likey be in the persian gulf at the time. hey there's an idea, how about bahrain or jebel ali, dubai? heh? a little drink, a little danger, and a whole lot of heat stroke and dehydration.
colonel sanders

i'm not saying i beat the devil, but i drank his beer for nothin'.... then i stole his song.

Uncle Sal
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Uncle Sal »

I didn't mean to shoot your idea down Dpaw, It's just I'm sure I'm not the only one who wouldn't be able to make it due to previous decadance...

I can see Canada from here and I wish I could go party and most of all fish and ski there, but they say no... Even a weak maybe costs 200 bucks for an application for criminal rehabilitation...

sad, but true.

I'm afraid it would take years to teach everyone to shoot well enough to gather in the gulf (security concerns), not to mention the cost of arming everyone, and the unforseen difficulties of doing so.

and the worst part would be that those of us who understand how to manage such a spectacle would have to refrain from our true pourpose for the most part.

we could still shoot anything we wanted to in Vegas, but nobody would be shooting at us.

Just imagine the photos of MDM blowing shit up in the desert...
maybe we could get our hands on a few used cop cars and have ourselves a roadblock...

we could blow up a still just to see how it happens.

VEGAS BABY!

JohnnyT

Post by JohnnyT »

I second Uncle Sal, it's got to be Vegas. The booze flows 24 hours a day, hundreds of great bars and restaurants, and if you are so inclined (as I am), you can take your shot at the gaming tables.

Vegas baby.

You're so money, baby, and you don't even know it.

Uncle Sal
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Uncle Sal »

alls I can say is that what I know hasn't seemed to matter lately...

LuckyStrikes
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by LuckyStrikes »

Don't say that UncleSal, Lost Wages was my number 1 pick. They give you free booze when you give them money!

deadpuppiesandwhores
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Uncle Sal wrote:I didn't mean to shoot your idea down Dpaw, It's just I'm sure I'm not the only one who wouldn't be able to make it due to previous decadance...!
that wasn't intended towards you. really, i am a fan of adventure and meeting new and strange people (and y'all definately fall under the strange category) and would do my damndest to make it whereever it turns out to be. but me suggesting anything is silly because i would say there is like a 90%chance i would be out to sea. that's all i was trying to say.
colonel sanders

JohnnyT

Post by JohnnyT »

I'm only a booze head around here, but with veterans like Lucky and Uncle Sal lobbying for Vegas, I'm sure we can land the convention in Sin City.

sausage roll mmmm
Tippler
Tippler

Post by sausage roll mmmm »

hows it goin there fellow drunkards i just came accros this site tonight and have to say its a pleasure to talk with like like minded geniuses
so vegas sounds good but not for me as im in ireland hey while im here did anyone ever try aftershave with a mixture as an out of stock experiment? (now i sound desperate but that what im drinking right now!
any stories on that?
i really didn't say everything I said.