Your Suggestions for the First Modern Drunkard Convention

Are you planning a booze up? Conscript soldiers for your personal war on whiskey here.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

fdoosey
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by fdoosey »

Palinka wrote:Fuck it! Let's go for Hong Kong, Bangkok or Ulan Bator. At least that way we are all equally inconvienced.
Dear <insert deity of choice>, I am fucked up.
Well, Hong Kong's a bit pricey, but it's swanky still I imagine - at least as far as China goes.

I heard Bangkok is pretty entertaining and inexpensive, provided you steer clear of those brothels and other less reputable areas.

But Ulan Bator? I read an article about them Mongolians. Can't hold their drink, and they get VERY violent when they're tanked.

If you want to equally inconvenience everyone, I'd recommend Tierra del Fuego, Tristan da Cunha, or possibly Antarctica. ;)
http://www.sammichmen.com

methfront: the man who wanted to steal a shopping cart of bowling balls and drop them from the back of a car down route 36 doesn't want to sow bitterness
fdoosey: No, he just wanted to have fun with a shopping cart of bowling balls.

Barca

Post by Barca »

Logically, it has to be Vegas or N'awlins.

Nothing would spoil the convention like being shutdown at midnight, two or four. Especially since I figure it's safe to say that half of us would have no intention of waking up before two in the afternoon.

Someone, I think Lucky, mentioned that in Vegas we'd be distracted by the other dangling sins, i counter that we're drunkards, we can be distracted by someone dangling keys or any shiny object.

The other theory on picking a destination is that instead of going somewhere that's inherently fun we could go to the most boring place we can think of and turn it into a party, somewhere like Omaha, Norman, Saginaw, or Boise.
Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. - Henry Lawson

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Palinka wrote:Fuck it! Let's go for Hong Kong, Bangkok or Ulan Bator. At least that way we are all equally inconvienced.
Well, obviously, that joke didnae work (or even register for some reason).

I'd love tae tell ye why but I'm way too steamin'!
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

LuckyStrikes
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by LuckyStrikes »

barcalounge wrote:Logically, it has to be Vegas or N'awlins.
Someone, I think Lucky, mentioned that in Vegas we'd be distracted by the other dangling sins, i counter that we're drunkards, we can be distracted by someone dangling keys or any shiny object.
Huh? Lost Wages is my first choice. Distractions? I didn't say that....
Voices tell me to buy the bigger bottle!

rocko
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by rocko »

Vegas. It's the only real choice.
You can kill a man for cheatin',
you can kill him for his shoes,
but expect to catch a beatin' if you're reachin' for his booze

SeeNoEvil
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by SeeNoEvil »

barcalounge wrote:The other theory on picking a destination is that instead of going somewhere that's inherently fun we could go to the most boring place we can think of and turn it into a party, somewhere like Omaha, Norman, Saginaw, or Boise.
A challenge? Now that's an idea. How about Des Moines, Iowa? I can't think of any place that sounds more boring than that.

Chelsea40oz
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Chelsea40oz »

rocko wrote:Vegas. It's the only real choice.
Sorry rocko, but New Orleans should at least be a contender. :wink:

You're out of your league, go back to your own village!

Mad Scientist
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Mad Scientist »

What are Vegas' views on open containers? Cause drinking outdoors is definitely good times, and one of my favorited things about visiting New Orleans.
"Women might be able to fake orgasms... but men can fake entire relationships."
-- Sharon Stone

JohnnyT

Post by JohnnyT »

I've been loaded in Vegas more times than I can remember, never had a problem drinking anywhere in that town. walking down the strip, in cabs, wherever you go, you can take your drink with you.

Though Vegas is my first choice, New Orleans certainly deserves consideration...I'll have to get some beads....

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

Palinka wrote:

There's always Vladivostock!
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

deadpuppiesandwhores
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by deadpuppiesandwhores »

Palinka wrote:

SHHH! the adults are talkin'!
road to hell is paved with unbought stuffed dogs.
"I AM TOO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN."
colonel sanders

http://meetme.hotornot.com/r/?emid=K8ERHQN

i'm not saying i beat the devil, but i drank his beer for nothin'.... then i stole his song.

deadpuppiesandwhores
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by deadpuppiesandwhores »

just kiddin' amn, i love ya.
road to hell is paved with unbought stuffed dogs.
"I AM TOO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN."
colonel sanders

http://meetme.hotornot.com/r/?emid=K8ERHQN

i'm not saying i beat the devil, but i drank his beer for nothin'.... then i stole his song.

Barca

Post by Barca »

Mad Scientist wrote:What are Vegas' views on open containers? Cause drinking outdoors is definitely good times, and one of my favorited things about visiting New Orleans.
It's technically illegal, but it's largely unenforced on tourists. They'll occasionally stop you if you have a glass bottle or are way off the Strip.

Apropos to nothing, I love drinking. Sometimes it just needs to be said.
Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. - Henry Lawson

Uncle Sal
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Uncle Sal »

first off, I'd just like to point out how cool it is to share the company of Barcalounge. He's been here as long as I can remember, and we've seen more of him this last week than in the previous month.

keep it up Barcalounge. We want more from SF.

I would also like to say that I am not against the big easy, but am completely unfammiliar with it. Not that I am any more so with Vegas, but sin city just seemed obvious for the first one.

what is the hotel scene like in New Orleans? Would they cater to us like they would in Vegas? So many conventions go to Vegas, it seems we could take great advantage if we had a large enough turnout.

Do we have any travel agents on the board, does anyone know one?
seems to me like we could work out one hell of a package (Luck and Savage might evaluate it for us) if we could plan far enough ahead. both for travel and lodging. Maybe even a couple regional charters or Bus trips or semi regional RV's to the airport where the charter leaves from.

how many people could we expect to show, and what do we need to do to attract those who we see little of on the board?
How many people who read the magazine but don't participate in the board might want to attend? and how the hell do we come up with answers for all these questions?

Would'nt a floor of a hotel and a conference room/bar be an epic adventure? plan it for a long weekend for the working types, so we could have a good three or four days...

However, I am a sucker for a southern accent, so if the big easy could provide us with all that Vegas could, I would easily throw in my hat, it sounds so cool when the girlies talk down there. Even up here, if they are from down there, or well, you can see where this is heading... down.....
mmmnnnn, y'all
need a woman be good to me... won't hide my whiskey try to serve me tea...

TARTANSPECIAL
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by TARTANSPECIAL »

Right for my tuppence worth, my choices would be.
Las Vegas, for 24/7 partying
Glasgow, for it's friendly welcome to visitors and late hours in the bars.
Barcelona, for it's utterly fantastic people and very cheap booze.
The big apple, since i've always wanted to go there and boozslinga can pour the drinks :twisted:
beer, wine,voddie it don't get any better.