Great Intercontinental Pub Crawl 09

Are you planning a booze up? Conscript soldiers for your personal war on whiskey here.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Pyssedas Heavy Industrial
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Great Intercontinental Pub Crawl 09

Post by Pyssedas Heavy Industrial »

Hi folks, many of you will be familiar with this event [in fact some of you have alrady responded to emails saying you will organise a crawl where you are - but for those of you who have not been a part of it before the short version of what goes on is this:

The most basic information you need to know is that the GIPC is free to participate in, open to anyone wherever they live in the world, and that through your participation you will meet [online at least] some most excellent people.

The plan goes like this – on Saturday May 30th 2009, people all around the world will go bar/pub crawling as best they can. In 2007 we had 143 venues in 66 cities in 16 countries on all 7 terrestrial continents participating! In 2008 we had 7 CONTINENTS – 12 COUNTRIES – 49 CITIES – 152 VENUES

You might want to crawl with your normal drunken mates or use this as opportunity to meet people from online brewing forums in your area etc. Some places even use the opportunity to raise funds for local charities.

So what do you do if you want to be more involved?

Well first of all tell us the name of city & country you are crawling in – then when you work out what bars/pubs/houses/gutters you will be in tell us that too!

The easiest way to tell us is by mailing us at [email protected]
Or you can check out the facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=6 ... 015&ref=mf
A thousand monkeys brewing for a thousand years could not make brews like these - http://www.pyssedas.com

rune
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Re: Great Intercontinental Pub Crawl 09

Post by rune »

Pyssedas, your facebook thing does not work.
Glad to see you are still at this,,,

Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Hmm facebook link works for me - not sure what is going on there - but yes still at it - i do sort of think that this year might be the final effort - that's why im hoping we get a good turn-out of drinkers!
A thousand monkeys brewing for a thousand years could not make brews like these - http://www.pyssedas.com

Jelmo
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Jelmo »

Isn't Spooks MWI held that weekend?
"Don't give a damn how this turns out
Drain bottles just to scream and shout
On the run from reality
Poison helps me and go flee"

Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Not sure but let us know if that's the case!

Shane-O-Matic
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Shane-O-Matic »

I was due to participate in a "Sub Crawl" in Glasgow on May 22nd - but I get the impression that delaying it by a week might actually be advantageous.

Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

that would be outstanding - for no particularly apparent reason its been a couple of years since we had scotland participating let me know how you go

Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Hi everyone – there’s a new pub crawl update out today – check it out at the usual places – or mail us at [email protected] to get a copy. In short though – we have welcomed England, Germany, Scotland, South Africa to the crawl this week. T-shirt preparations are well under way. If you want your part of the crawl included on the shirt you will need to let us know by Sunday [4th May].

Preparations for the almanac [our free souvenir booklet which we distribute to crawlers] are also underway – this relies heavily on people around the world contributing photos, pictures of where they will crawling, descriptions of past crawls, pictures of haughty flagons – hell pretty much anything at all – if you’re planning to crawl please help us out with this!

cheers

Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Just a quick note to let people know that there has been a strong response from South Africa in the last 48 hours [making them the crawlingest country in the world] and taking us to 66 venues in 27 cities in 10 countries crawling on Saturday 30th.

Time is running out [you have till this Sunday] to let us know where you will be drinking if you want to appear on the t-shirts!

As ever feel free to ask questions!
Cheers
Dave

Shane-O-Matic
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Shane-O-Matic »

It looks like I could well be the sole representative for Scotland unless friends begin to warm to the idea!

Do I get particular adulation if this happens to be true?

Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Of course you do Elvislution - you will sense that people are raising their glasses to you all over the world!

Hi Everyone,

As some of you might know I've been out of action for the past couple of weeks and sadly Pub Crawl planning and preparation has stalled completely. Aside from the fact that this means that we have far fewer participants than in previous years it also means that we have neither t-shirts nor a crawlers almanac prepared.

Given the timeframe that we now find ourselves in it wouldn't be possible to prepare and send shirts - but if anyone wants to recieve the artwork we've used in the past to print their own locally let me know and i'm happy to send it on along with an up-to-date list of participating venues.

I'm happy to co-ordinate any almanac submissions I get into a coherent [if that word could ever be used for the almanac] document and to send that through for people to print and distribute to their local fellow crawlers.

In the past we have also swapped mobile/cell phone numbers so that people can text message other crawlers around the world - i'm happy to be the central co-ordination point for that again so send your number to me if you would to send/receive messages on the day.

My apologies that I haven't been able to manage a better effort on the crawl this year.

MELBOURNE CRAWLERS - As far as i know the crawl to the bowls club [about 11 pubs] organised by Ernest and Kerren is still a goer, so far we only have three inspired people who wish to do any hall decoration [if you remember the plan was for people to decorate a table/small part of the hall as a place from the crawl] so 3 is probably not worth going ahead with - if there are others out there who are yet to indicate they are inspired please do so ASAP.

Similarly we probably now need to be getting RSVPs for the FA Cup watching component at the end of the night so we can tell if we need to get in bar staff or not - friends and family are obviously most welcome - please RSVP for all parts of the Melbourne Crawl to me ASAP

cheers
Dave

billyy2288
Tippler
Tippler

Post by billyy2288 »

Pyssedas Heavy Industrial wrote:Hi folks, many of you will be familiar with this event [in fact some of you have alrady responded to emails saying you will organise a crawl where you are - but for those of you who have not been a part of it before the short version of what goes on is this:

The most basic information you need to know is that the GIPC is free to participate in, open to anyone wherever they live in the world, and that through your participation you will meet [online at least] some most excellent people.

The plan goes like this – on Saturday May 30th 2009, people all around the world will go bar/pub crawling as best they can. In 2007 we had 143 venues in 66 cities in 16 countries on all 7 terrestrial continents participating! In 2008 we had 7 CONTINENTS – 12 COUNTRIES – 49 CITIES – 152 VENUES

You might want to crawl with your normal drunken mates or use this as opportunity to meet people from online brewing forums in your area etc. Some places even use the opportunity to raise funds for local charities.

So what do you do if you want to be more involved?

Well first of all tell us the name of city & country you are crawling in – then when you work out what bars/pubs/houses/gutters you will be in tell us that too!

The easiest way to tell us is by mailing us at [email protected]
Or you can check out the facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=6 ... 015&ref=mf
Such a very amazing link!
Thanks you for the post.