Tampa trip December 2011

Are you planning a booze up? Conscript soldiers for your personal war on whiskey here.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Tampa trip December 2011

Post by Patchez »

The family and myself will be in the Tampa area the last two weeks of Dec. It will be a visit witht hte wife,s teetotelling family. I'm hoping to skate away a nite of two for some fishing and drinking. Anyone have any ideas on places to hit?
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Fabricsoftner
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: Tampa trip December 2011

Post by Fabricsoftner »

Any idea what part of Tampa you'll be in? If you want to barhop, I'd suggest Ybor city. There's a bunch of bullshit dance clubs and what not there, but also some decent divey bars, and delicious pizza.

Cigar City Brewery is worth checking out, too. They have a nice little bar, and make a decent beer. (http://www.cigarcitybrewing.com/)

As for fishing, I don't do it too often, but I'd suggest the Skyway bridge (http://skywaypiers.com/). I think they're open 24/7, and it's easy enough to flask some booze.
<@Riddeford> lying on the ground laughing then going to get drunk on a pier. isn't what was fabric was born to do?

<apE> if theyd spend half as much time drinking as they do bitching, itd all be good

<@Fabric> Pint: why do I feel like shit?
<%pint> Fabric: people

<@fiyah> you're unemployed and drunk, you have no standards

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: Tampa trip December 2011

Post by Patchez »

We'll be in Bradenton. About 10 minutes from Skyway pier on the south side. I've been wanting to hit Ybor City for two trips now just never had the time. Cigar City looks nice. Thanks Fabric.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice