The Twelve Bars in Twelve-Hours Challenge

Are you planning a booze up? Conscript soldiers for your personal war on whiskey here.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch

The Twelve Bars in Twelve-Hours Challenge

Post by Dear Booze »

A couple of years ago, I decided to experience twelve different bars in a twelve-hour period and it's not as easy as most people would think. The goal wasn’t to run in, have a drink, and sprint to the next bar. Instead, I enjoyed my drinks in each place. I visited with the bartender and other patrons, and truly experience each place. It was a blast and I encourage all of you to give it a try.

All self-respecting drinkers have managed a twelve-hour drinking gig before, but that’s not the point. This is an opportunity to have twelve different experiences in a single twelve-hour period.

So the rules are simple...

Set aside a full twelve-hours for drinking. During that time, go to twelve different bars and immerse yourself in the culture of each place. Try one of their signature drinks, play dice with the regulars, do whatever the theme of the bar indicates that you should do.

Take your time. It’s not a race, so don’t run in, pound a drink and run to the next place. There’s no point in doing that.

Take notes. Share all twelve stories with the rest of us.

Take pictures. You might not be able to read your own writing.

I’m planning on doing my next one on the 26th.
DRINK!

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Re: The Twelve Bars in Twelve-Hours Challenge

Post by Mr. Viking »

See glasgow subcrawl. I like to immerse myself in the culture while doing it. This does occasionally involve climbing things and throwing bottles at houses. Never remember finishing, but that's usually due to following the "when in Rome" idea to its logical end and drinking buckfast or MD2020 between stops.

It's difficult to get people out at 11am to start though
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

This sounds beautiful but my bum leg and tendency to "hunker" make it unlikely for me. Damn!
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Bur

Post by Bur »

Bouncing around from bar to bar to toss shit with all kinds of folks, whom naturally feel homey in different bars is very much what I do during major holidays. Not 12 though usually, more like 5-7 before I go to some house party for the real drinking. The contrast between dimly lit 80s style divish rock pub/bar/thingy and techno place terrace is always interesting.

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

Palinka Morningstar wrote:This sounds beautiful but my bum leg and tendency to "hunker" make it unlikely for me. Damn!
you need to get yourself a disability donkey. I'm sure any pub that takes dogs has to let it in
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

I cannot afford to run one of those...

...and pay my own goddamed bar bill!
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Bur

Post by Bur »

Palinka Morningstar wrote:Image
I ain't sayin' but I reckon I'm making quite decent waste of it.

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

Palinka Morningstar wrote:I cannot afford to run one of those...

...and pay my own goddamed bar bill!
jesus wept, just went on the donkey sanctuary website and they reckon an initial outlay of £300 plus £900 a year upkeep. And you're not allowed to ride a disability scooter drunk, they take your driving licence away