5th November in the UK

Are you planning a booze up? Conscript soldiers for your personal war on whiskey here.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Palinka (RIP)

5th November in the UK

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Tonight, in the UK, is that strange event known as "Bonfire Night, where we celebrate the foiling of a plot to blow-up Parliament and King James I & VI, by burning in effigy one of the ringleaders of that plot, Guy Fawkes (often referred to as, "The Only Man to Enter Parliament with Honest Intentions", and drinking heavily, setting off fireworks, burning ourselves and ending up in an A&E department (the British version of an ER), whilst (for the most part) ignoring the uncomfortable anti-Catholic aspects implied therein.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Re: 5th November in the UK

Post by Mr. Viking »

I had pulled pork and several bottles of "Agoston", a spanish wine my dad buys on his regular "booze cruises" because it has a pig on the label (and costs Euro1, where a similar wine in the uk would be £6-9) We would have lit a bonfire but it was raining and we didn't want to kill any hedehogs
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Mr. Viking wrote:I had pulled pork and several bottles of "Agoston", a spanish wine my dad buys on his regular "booze cruises" because it has a pig on the label (and costs Euro1, where a similar wine in the uk would be £6-9) We would have lit a bonfire but it was raining and we didn't want to kill any hedehogs
Please send me a hedgehog. I will care for him as if he were my own blood.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Patchez wrote:Please send me a hedgehog. I will care for him as if he were my own blood.
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Wolfcoat
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by Wolfcoat »

Do you get to drink whiskey infused with gunpowder, or anything cool like that?
Here's to us, and those like us.
Damn few of us left.

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Wolfcoat wrote:Do you get to drink whiskey infused with gunpowder, or anything cool like that?
No.
ドロンケン
ImageImage