An Asshat Writes...

Are you planning a booze up? Conscript soldiers for your personal war on whiskey here.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Rooster
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

An Asshat Writes...

Post by Rooster »

A Con to remember the fallen because it might be your last? Why give up that easily? Why hold a vigil while burying your convictions. Every one of the Drunkards mentioned is dead, yes. Why did they die? How did they go down? They went down as Drunkards. Immaculately flawed Drunkards... harvesting great, big chips on their shoulders, but as Drunkards. Hold a Con to remember them? To weep over them? To remember the good times you once had? Is this a fucking AA meeting...?

Jesus. I come back after nearly a year to see if JohnnyTequila and SweetLou are still out enjoying life and living it up and I get this. Good riddance! Enjoy your pity-party. There are still Drunkards out there who drink not to remember, but to forget. There are still Drunkards out there that see a shorty of Coors in the "Banquet" style bottle as an opportunity, and not a ball and chain. There are still Drunkards out there that tip one back and answer with clarity of purpose, "Yes, I'll have another!" This infatuation with the dead is sick, and it's sad, and it's a low that I never thought the Modern Drunkards would sink to. Join the ASL already (that's "Anti-Saloon League," you know, our professed adversaries). The ASL didn't have to kill MDM. It simply waited MDM out and allowed it to strangle itself in a room full of ladyboys like some sort of (even more) pathetic David Carradine.

l...
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: MDM Con. 2014, a proposal based on recent events...

Post by l... »

wow. how gracious. love, liz.
That's what I call Drunkard justice. I hate prisses like that. They're mincing their way through life when they should be marching. ~fkr.

I wish i could find me a woman who drinks!~ruiner..on lack of women drinkers.

l...
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by l... »

damn, I just reread your post...and WHY DOES IT MATTER HOW THEY DIED? and doesn't every morally convicted person have at least a modicum of caring for the dead? wow. I'm floored by your post. and I hope you have people who love and respect you when you die. I really do. it must be a sad place in your brain if you can not mourn.
That's what I call Drunkard justice. I hate prisses like that. They're mincing their way through life when they should be marching. ~fkr.

l...
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by l... »

I would rather drink to remember awesome people. have you ever been to an Irish funeral?

treetop
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by treetop »

Bounced wrote:A Con to remember the fallen because it might be your last? Why give up that easily? Why hold a vigil while burying your convictions. Every one of the Drunkards mentioned is dead, yes. Why did they die? How did they go down? They went down as Drunkards. Immaculately flawed Drunkards... harvesting great, big chips on their shoulders, but as Drunkards. Hold a Con to remember them? To weep over them? To remember the good times you once had? Is this a fucking AA meeting...?

Jesus. I come back after nearly a year to see if JohnnyTequila and SweetLou are still out enjoying life and living it up and I get this. Good riddance! Enjoy your pity-party. There are still Drunkards out there who drink not to remember, but to forget. There are still Drunkards out there that see a shorty of Coors in the "Banquet" style bottle as an opportunity, and not a ball and chain. There are still Drunkards out there that tip one back and answer with clarity of purpose, "Yes, I'll have another!" This infatuation with the dead is sick, and it's sad, and it's a low that I never thought the Modern Drunkards would sink to. Join the ASL already (that's "Anti-Saloon League," you know, our professed adversaries). The ASL didn't have to kill MDM. It simply waited MDM out and allowed it to strangle itself in a room full of ladyboys like some sort of (even more) pathetic David Carradine.
whiskey
tango
foxtrot
?
it's all good in the woods, nobody hears me when i scream.

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

YAY! BOUNCED IS BACK!1! NOW THE PARTY BEGINS!!!111
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

Judge

Post by Judge »

Bounced wrote:A Con to remember the fallen because it might be your last? Why give up that easily? Why hold a vigil while burying your convictions. Every one of the Drunkards mentioned is dead, yes. Why did they die? How did they go down? They went down as Drunkards. Immaculately flawed Drunkards... harvesting great, big chips on their shoulders, but as Drunkards. Hold a Con to remember them? To weep over them? To remember the good times you once had? Is this a fucking AA meeting...?

Piss on another stuffed tiger Rooster. A proper drunkard deserves a proper wake....and if a Viking funeral were possible we'd expect you to be in charge of launching the boat.
Proverbs 31:6&7

"Pain is sometimes the price of laughter."-Oggar

CPE1704TKS

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane"-Marcus Aurelius

And afterwords we can run amok! Or if you're too tired, we can walk amok.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Shouldn't he be on the longship to serve Tony in Vallhalla?
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Patchez wrote:Shouldn't he be on the longship to serve Tony in Vallhalla?
I think that the Judge is referencing the theory that, traditionally, to launch an old-school Viking Longship, one must be onboard. This may be why many Viking "funerals" were held on land.

However, we are getting off topic. I shall split this thread so that we can draw a line under Rooster's comments and get back to talking about a Convention.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

l...
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: An Asshat Writes...

Post by l... »

I like this. thanks.

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

l... wrote:I like this. thanks.
You are welcome.

To everyone,
Please post anything that you want in reply but please do so before the weekend. Barring an interesting turn of events, this thread will be locked on Saturday 30th November 2013. However, this thread will not be deleted (unless things become very unpleasant).
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

Anything?

FART!

BOOB!
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Anything relevant.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

Some people they are scared to croak, but Jimmy drank until he choked. He took the road for Heaven in the morning.

So we walked him to the station in the rain. We kissed him as we put him on the train. And we sang him a song of times long gone, though we knew that we'd be seeing him again
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

A quantum computer could not count the number of your unresolved issues. Go dump your trash somewhere else and leave the people who actually participate in this forum to mourn their disappeared ones in the way they please.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.