Exciting Convention News!

Are you planning a booze up? Conscript soldiers for your personal war on whiskey here.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

treetop
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Re: Exciting Convention News!

Post by treetop »

again, i am a definite and live really close to bradley airport (hartford/springfield BDL). i am a go from friday through sunday. possibly monday but the wife might punch me in the dick if i blow off our anniversary and i kind of don't want to get a dickpunching. they sting and sometimes leave a mark.
it's all good in the woods, nobody hears me when i scream.

Surreal
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Surreal »

See you on thursday Amigo.
fuck em man, it ain't easy walkin the righteous path.
- Hoss

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

I will be leaving from York, PA on Friday morning. I should be there early afternoon. I should have room for two in the truck. Three if the wife can't come. Anyone needing a ride along the route or who want to make their way this far north, I can get you the rest of the way. PM me.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Oggar
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Oggar »

Full on in.
I can't write like Papa, you know I just ain't able
But if he came in here tonight, I'd drink him under the table -Ronny Elliott

RIP Mayhem, as long as I have a heart you are in it.

Bur

Post by Bur »

I wish this was possible for me, in my career of choice I meet plenty of drive, compassionate people but persons of this forum are brethren of spirit.

slushfund
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by slushfund »

I have reestablished contact with Jonny Swaggler,, headman of The Swaggering Growlers, a drinking Irish band, that played at Drinking Man 1. At that time, 9/22/07, he was on this board. I am also talking to the leader of Three Day Threshold, another band from Drinking Man 1. I guess most people will be in attendance Friday and Saturday nights, although I plan to have entertainment Thursday, Sunday, and Monday, as well. Karaoke will be easy to pull off, burlesque not as easy, I'll need to build wings on the stage. Your suggestions are welcome...

jonnyswagger
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by jonnyswagger »

Jonny Swagger logs back in into the MDM message board for the first time in like 2+ years.

I've been drunk and causing calamity in every back ally and boozer across the US since about 2012. The Growlers were on tour for about a year and a half, until they basically imploded. Some people couldn't hold their liquor, some of them wanted to be able to afford things higher up than the bottom shelf.

I kept rolling forward in a crazy ass dance folk setup by the name of Tail Light Rebellion (http://tail-light-rebellion.bandcamp.com - free/pay what you'd like download), ever sense, to rave reviews. Image

Why yes, those are my brewing carboys behind me. In essence, I drink more, have more fun, and don't give a Good Goddamn.

On that note, I'm taking a pull of this Grand MacNish and getting this day started.
slushfund wrote:I have reestablished contact with Jonny Swaggler,, headman of The Swaggering Growlers, a drinking Irish band, that played at Drinking Man 1. At that time, 9/22/07, he was on this board. I am also talking to the leader of Three Day Threshold, another band from Drinking Man 1. I guess most people will be in attendance Friday and Saturday nights, although I plan to have entertainment Thursday, Sunday, and Monday, as well. Karaoke will be easy to pull off, burlesque not as easy, I'll need to build wings on the stage. Your suggestions are welcome...

Bluto
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Bluto »

I will at a bachelor party the weekend of Con. I Can't Be With You all In person, but I will certainly be there in spirit. Here's to the lot of you beautiful drunken bastards!

cheers,

Bluto
Going to happy hour and not drinking is like going to an orgy and masturbating. You just took a great idea and turned it into a circle jerk. -Sixpack595

greygoose1
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by greygoose1 »

we need to get a local tattoo artist for MDM crossed sabers and martini glasses tattoo. Tribute to a couple of those fallen.
"...there's no app for a bourbon buzz on a warm day in a cool, dark bar. The world will always want a drink".
~Gillian Flynn

'Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right'
~Isaac Asimov

A person can work up a mean, mean thirst
after a hard day of doing nothing much at all...
~The Replacements

treetop

Post by treetop »

greygoose1 wrote:we need to get a local tattoo artist for MDM crossed sabers and martini glasses tattoo. Tribute to a couple of those fallen.
i'm humbled by the fact that i bear the same ink as mayhem. (it was ruiner's excellent design). i would be honored to add to it if an artist could be found nearby or brought to the event. i'm sure there's a pic of the rochester invasion III tattoo somewhere.
it's all good in the woods, nobody hears me when i scream.

massivedrunk

Post by massivedrunk »

Might be able to figure this one out. Possible.
Still just figuring it all out. Still not really figuring it out.

Screwball
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: A half foot away from a cat's nutsack. I Gotta get the DevilKat Fixed!

Post by Screwball »

We just bought our airplane tickets(OUCH!) so Martha and I are gonna be there for sure!

Arriving at BDL Windsor Locks/Hartford at 4:55pm Thursday and leaving Sunday afternoon.

WOOT!

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

Sorry, can't make it
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Screwball wrote:We just bought our airplane tickets(OUCH!) so Martha and I are gonna be there for sure!

Arriving at BDL Windsor Locks/Hartford at 4:55pm Thursday and leaving Sunday afternoon.

WOOT!

Working my arse off to meet you danmed drunkards. My own Lady won't be attending: she's meeting her freind in NC that same time. But the worky job thing

rrrrgh

hell for all of this ands heres a honest intent to have some fun with youse all

fuck it i should do it

Resident Asshole

Re: Fundraising for The Memorial Fund

Post by Resident Asshole »

Surreal wrote: God forbid we had some kind of live video feed thingy that allowed folks here to bid and watch what was going on at Otter's......

God forbid indeed.
FWIW there is a good chance that by the time of the Con I will have a Go Pro camera with wi-fi which enables watching the feed on a smartphone. How that translates into an internet feed is something I will have to research unless someone here knows the answer.
Last edited by Palinka (RIP) on Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Post moved to keep the Fundraising thread about fundraising - Apologies to R.A.
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619