Vegas?

Are you planning a booze up? Conscript soldiers for your personal war on whiskey here.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

AntonArkydivich
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Re: Vegas?

Post by AntonArkydivich »

Ah, we'll I beg your pardons. I may embellish a tad here and there, but the lizard brain usually embellishes much on its own, so I stick to what I recall, for fear of becoming silly.

And I figured the aardvark was a bygone conclusion, so I I left it out. Don't wish to bore all the good folks here.

As for the fight with the lawyer (if he even was that), it was the weirdest thing. I was watching a street performance, and I hear a voice behind me say "if you don't move your fucking ass from this spot I'm going to knock your teeth out." I turn around to see a little man, all dressed up in nice winter business wear, staring me up. "You're just like all those other California fuckers" he snarled, and squared off with his fists up. I have no idea where he got that idea. On a side note, he was maybe 5' 8" and 160 pounds.

I'm 6'7" and 220.

Now, I do live in LA, and have for five years, but spent my whole life prior that in Alaska, as well as a few years abroad, so I in no way align with California, other than the cheap booze and vibrant Hispanic population I work and drink with. I told him as much while I was helping him off the ground and into the nearest bar to buy him a drink.

You just gotta admire that type of courage.
Making my own city lights out of bourbon and the stars of a barroom fight.
- Josh Ritter

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Re: Vegas?

Post by Dear Booze »

AntonArkydivich wrote:Ah, we'll I beg your pardons. I may embellish a tad here and there, but the lizard brain usually embellishes much on its own, so I stick to what I recall, for fear of becoming silly.

And I figured the aardvark was a bygone conclusion, so I I left it out. Don't wish to bore all the good folks here.

As for the fight with the lawyer (if he even was that), it was the weirdest thing. I was watching a street performance, and I hear a voice behind me say "if you don't move your fucking ass from this spot I'm going to knock your teeth out." I turn around to see a little man, all dressed up in nice winter business wear, staring me up. "You're just like all those other California fuckers" he snarled, and squared off with his fists up. I have no idea where he got that idea. On a side note, he was maybe 5' 8" and 160 pounds.

I'm 6'7" and 220.

Now, I do live in LA, and have for five years, but spent my whole life prior that in Alaska, as well as a few years abroad, so I in no way align with California, other than the cheap booze and vibrant Hispanic population I work and drink with. I told him as much while I was helping him off the ground and into the nearest bar to buy him a drink.

You just gotta admire that type of courage.
Love it! Great story.

Characters, setting, plot, conflict and theme are all right there in one paragraph. Great style.

Reminds me of Hemingway's "For sale: Baby shoes. Never used."

I look forward to reading more of your posts.

Now, done with English 101 and back to Drinking 151!

Cheers.
DRINK!