The Vagabond Drunkard's 2015 Review: Scandanavia

Are you planning a booze up? Conscript soldiers for your personal war on whiskey here.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

AntonArkydivich
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

The Vagabond Drunkard's 2015 Review: Scandanavia

Post by AntonArkydivich »

Ah, such a lonely subsection. This may not be the place for it, but it is so spartan, and I hope to meet with some of the kind souls here, so I hope this helps fit the bill.

On the train to Stockholm, and then Poland at the start of July.

Spent 3 weeks working at a harbor in northern Sweden. Before that in Denmark. Scandanavian booze is expensive. Swedes are barbarians (speaking as a descendent of one), with their draconian drinking laws, their 2.8% grocery store beer, and their heavy weekend boozing. OK, so only two of those things are barbaric.

In all seriousness, moderation, functional, and pacing don't translate terribly well into Swedish.

Denmark wasn't so bad. Gotta love no open container laws. If it wasn't so damn expensive and I could have found work, may have stayed longer.

Soon, the merciful plunge back into my favorite drinking region in the world, Eastern Europe.

Events!
Making my own city lights out of bourbon and the stars of a barroom fight.
- Josh Ritter

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: The Vagabond Drunkard's 2015 Review: Scandanavia

Post by oettinger »

Constantines mom lives in sweden. From time to time she rants about that expensive booze over there on skype. I would go bankrupt during only one weekend over there.
Drink!

AntonArkydivich
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by AntonArkydivich »

I drank a liter of wine tonight with dinner.

It cost me $8.50 USD. It was the cheapest alcohol for the money.

A Swede staying at my hostel told me it was cooking wine, and cheap cooking wine at that.

Coming from five years in California, this is savagery. My heart goes out to these people. I know now why my grandfather left.
Making my own city lights out of bourbon and the stars of a barroom fight.
- Josh Ritter

Bur
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Bur »

Copenhagen was fantastic (most expensive place I've been to tho and that's saying something) but little exploring found you places that were proper dives with like 2 euros for a shot and god knows what in the taps for reasonable price.

Also Christiania Freetown if one is interested in legalish weed and proper 900 hippie community whom been doing their own thing since 70s.

Also I met a shit load of interesting folks just chillin' outside hostel I was staying at with a pack of beer and bottle of vodka killing time on afternoon. And another load of new peeps drinking in the public area at like 5 am with some Norwegian guys and later on couple 'muricans.

Never knew about the open container law, oh well. We did spend plenty of time stumblin' about with beers or wine in hand tho.