2018 Vegas Trip

Are you planning a booze up? Conscript soldiers for your personal war on whiskey here.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

2918 drunk meetup

Vegas
36%
Denver
64%

Total votes: 25

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Re: 2018 Vegas Trip

Post by Nausea »

^ I'm wondering what top shelf whiskeys they have? Must be decadent.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

^ ^ ^ I have no idea but was tempted to climb the ladders to take a look. It was a pretty cool place but I doubt the bathrooms were as nice as the Double Down.
Okole maluna!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Brunch in a nutshell at The Peppermill in Las Vegas:

Right away Oettinger and I ordered Long Island Ice Teas but our waitress "doesn't take drink orders" (???) and then nobody ever came back to take our drink order. After an eternity we asked again and some random chick in a Vanna White style evening gown shows up to take our order which was strange since basically it was like a fancy diner. So yes evidently the Peppermill has special cocktail waitresses which is their sole purpose.

Nausea ordered a stack of pancakes that were the size of a dinner plate and piled 5 inches high and he ate like, 3 1/2 bites. When I asked him if he wanted to take them to go, he said no because he didn't want to "sling around" a takeout container of pancakes to every bar we planned to hop. It was sound logic but wouldn't that have been funny? "No sir that bar stool is occupied by my humangous stack o' flapjacks!".

Dear Booze and Angel ordered Eggs Benedict's and specifically requested the hash browns to be extra crispy. Not that I blame them as that's how they should be. Everyone else got their orders (minus said Long Island's) except for them and the waitress (who doesn't take drink orders) said it was taking so long because they were waiting on the hash browns to turn crispy. Meanwhile the eggs Benny's were sitting there under the heat lamp patiently waiting. Needless to say the 'browns arrived and were not so brown. The manager came to apologize and said "Sorry, we ran out of hash browns". So they begrudgingly ate their white hash browns and Dear Booze will tell you he does NOT like to be lied to about hash browns! Maybe next time ask the special cocktail waitress for crispy hash browns?

Then lo and behold... Patchez and his wife roll in like 30 minutes later -completely oblivious to the previous raw hash brown debacle- and they order hash browns. Apparently the 'Mill hadn't run out because out comes Patchez' browns rather quickly and super crispy and perfect -as pointed out by Kam, another drunkard. "Oh look! Patchez' are all crispy!" I couldn't help but hysterically laugh (I mean, who wouldn't?) and Angel, DB's fellow non-crispy hash brown recipient threatened to stab me with his fork.

But really I enjoyed it and I liked the vintage atmosphere. And I also absconded with a bunch of random condiments in my purse that came in handy later. Next time I'm getting the chicken fried steak and hash browns like Patchez and I won't order them extra crispy so they turn out perfect.

I hope everyone learned a lesson in hash browns from this true story.
Okole maluna!

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Dear Booze »

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:53 pm
Brunch in a nutshell at The Peppermill in Las Vegas:

Right away Oettinger and I ordered Long Island Ice Teas but our waitress "doesn't take drink orders" (???) and then nobody ever came back to take our drink order. After an eternity we asked again and some random chick in a Vanna White style evening gown shows up to take our order which was strange since basically it was like a fancy diner. So yes evidently the Peppermill has special cocktail waitresses which is their sole purpose.

Nausea ordered a stack of pancakes that were the size of a dinner plate and piled 5 inches high and he ate like, 3 1/2 bites. When I asked him if he wanted to take them to go, he said no because he didn't want to "sling around" a takeout container of pancakes to every bar we planned to hop. It was sound logic but wouldn't that have been funny? "No sir that bar stool is occupied by my humangous stack o' flapjacks!".

Dear Booze and Angel ordered Eggs Benedict's and specifically requested the hash browns to be extra crispy. Not that I blame them as that's how they should be. Everyone else got their orders (minus said Long Island's) except for them and the waitress (who doesn't take drink orders) said it was taking so long because they were waiting on the hash browns to turn crispy. Meanwhile the eggs Benny's were sitting there under the heat lamp patiently waiting. Needless to say the 'browns arrived and were not so brown. The manager came to apologize and said "Sorry, we ran out of hash browns". So they begrudgingly ate their white hash browns and Dear Booze will tell you he does NOT like to be lied to about hash browns! Maybe next time ask the special cocktail waitress for crispy hash browns?

Then lo and behold... Patchez and his wife roll in like 30 minutes later -completely oblivious to the previous raw hash brown debacle- and they order hash browns. Apparently the 'Mill hadn't run out because out comes Patchez' browns rather quickly and super crispy and perfect -as pointed out by Kam, another drunkard. "Oh look! Patchez' are all crispy!" I couldn't help but hysterically laugh (I mean, who wouldn't?) and Angel, DB's fellow non-crispy hash brown recipient threatened to stab me with his fork.

But really I enjoyed it and I liked the vintage atmosphere. And I also absconded with a bunch of random condiments in my purse that came in handy later. Next time I'm getting the chicken fried steak and hash browns like Patchez and I won't order them extra crispy so they turn out perfect.

I hope everyone learned a lesson in hash browns from this true story.
This story is 100% true. What our dear drunktective left out was that the waitresses (food & cocktail) completely failed to refill coffee, water, tea, and anything else that was running low. And it's true that I snapped. But when the manager came by, it was clear that she was a lying cunt.
DRINK!

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

Apparently, what happens in Vegas doesn't really stay in Vegas.

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

I think I just saw an illegal Mexican. I'm calling ICE.

Donald J. Drunk
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Donald J. Drunk »

Mexicans? ILLEGAL Mexicans, someone said Q.o!!!!!
You may now lavish your congratulations upon me.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

^ ^ ^
Who are YOU Donald J. Drunk? Nobody cares. You weren't even IN Vegas. Go away!

;P
Okole maluna!

Donald J. Drunk
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Donald J. Drunk »

typical feMALE histrionics.
You may now lavish your congratulations upon me.

Casual Binger
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Casual Binger »

Thanks for the report Artful, but... umm... you all go to Vegas and we get a story about pancakes and hash browns? Sounds like you were really bouncing off the walls!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Casual Binger wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:11 pm
Thanks for the report Artful, but... umm... you all go to Vegas and we get a story about pancakes and hash browns? Sounds like you were really bouncing off the walls!
Yeah we were totally out of control.
Okole maluna!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Wish I were there

Oh shit I was, more pics plz!!!!

I had the time of my life really. All you guys were amazeballs!

But Badfellow`s place (after Vegas) was special, I got so freaking drunk every night!
Me and AD worked ourselfes through an oiltanker of voddie every day starting with breakfeast in le morning like possesed.
Can not describe what a great host BF is. Otherwordly. Everything was perfect, A BIG THANK YOU Badfellow.
You have a very soft spot in your heart and even aren`t as Bad as Michael Jackson is lol

Edit: OH yeah and I voted Denver, not my town HAHaHA Ha cough
Drink!

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Casual Binger wrote:
We all made a pact to never discuss certain things that may or may not have happened.

There was a lot of urine involved, and even some blood.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Nausea wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:00 pm
Casual Binger wrote:
We all made a pact to never discuss certain things that may or may not have happened.

Also there was the "cactus incident" which should never ever be described.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Casual Binger
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Casual Binger »

Nausea wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:00 pm
Casual Binger wrote:

You mean you don’t remember? Fair enough.