Benders...post em here!

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Miklo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: Up-Comming Bender

Post by Miklo »

...and its a life worth living.
“And in my mind, this settles the issue. I would never drink cologne, and am therefore not an alcoholic.”
― Augusten Burroughs

MasSangre
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by MasSangre »

Ouch..I never broke my nose before, Hope I never do, sounds like it would be hella painfull.

Two Hearted
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Two Hearted »

Miklo wrote:so in my drunken state i thought it would be a good idea to walk to the store so I could have a drink when i woke up. stumbling down the street i was stopped by the cops. I dont remember what I said but he let me go. I get the store buy my handle since i didnt feel like carrying anything more. Thats all i remember. When I woke up with the sun beating down on me i was behind the store next to the dumpster with the old crow open and missing a few shots. It was 11am. Since i was already there i went back into the store to buy another 36er
this. is. awesome.
The cabin sits shut-down, cold-frozen and empty, dead mice in the traps, waiting for me to drink alone there in the dark.
--Smatter

MasSangre
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by MasSangre »

Lucky no one found you sleeping back there and call the cops to wake u up and make you leave.

Miklo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Miklo »

it wouldnt have been that bad if the cops woke me, as long as they just let me go home because I woke up feeling sore as hell. asphalt is only comfy when your loaded, thats why hobos are always drinking. you ever try to sleep on that shit undrunk?
“And in my mind, this settles the issue. I would never drink cologne, and am therefore not an alcoholic.”
― Augusten Burroughs

Miklo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Another Bender

Post by Miklo »

It's all planned, and put into motion. The week after next I will be enjoying a 5 day bender, possible ending up on a park bench or somewhere in Tijuana. I have a hotel and 300$, the only hard choice is deciding what to drink. At first I wanted to mix it up from my usual, I have recently took a liking to Stella Artouis beer and thought that would go good as a back to shots of vodka. Or maby some Jameson or maby scotch (since this would be a good time to explore a whisky I am unfamiliar with). All in all I am hoping for the best seeing as how my last bender ended with a broken nose and an empty wallet. I am not sure where this adventure will take me but my motto will be " I am going, going which ever way the winds are blowing, I am going to where streams of whiskey are flowing"-The Pogues
― Augusten Burroughs

kowalski
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Re: Another Bender

Post by kowalski »

here's toyou! Whisky is great, so hope you can remember which ones you liked...
Snakebite & Blue Bols <-- The Drink of Champions

nileblackflame
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by nileblackflame »

Cheers, and enjoy the journey!

JimLahey
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by JimLahey »

Be sure to post often during this bender!

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Smatter Noguts »

Let this proud example stand as an inspiration to all of us.

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

bender's aren't planned, change your plans, make it an accident
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Joe_Twelvepack
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Joe_Twelvepack »

What he said. This is an alcohol vacation, not a bender. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but let's maintain meaning in our language.

A bender is the result of some emotion. Depression, elation, doesn't matter. You got fired, you got dumped, you have time free and the booze doesn't stop flowing when expected. That's a bender. How can a bender be planned? One of the biggest characteristics of the bender is surprise - there's no way to know when it will end. How can you plans its ending?

That being said, these plans look awesome in the extreme and I'll light a candle to St. Saldono and his ox cart for you.
typing carefully, drinking recklessly

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

To guiltless drinking!
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

Miklo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Miklo »

Mr. Viking wrote:bender's aren't planned, change your plans, make it an accident
Ok...so.... I guess I'm not going on a bender, and I already have the room reserved, time off, so I am not going to change my plans. But I will go with the alcohol vacation, that sounds pretty good.
― Augusten Burroughs

Freddie AppsHero
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Re: BENDER

Post by Freddie AppsHero »

"Arr, the laws of science be a harsh mistress."
Goose-Wingman wrote:Great name for a beer, from Futurama: Lobrau!