"I drink so I can talk to...

Post your favorite quips of wino wisdom here.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Count Sporkula
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

"I drink so I can talk to...

Post by Count Sporkula »

"I drink so I can talk to assholes.... This includes myself."

Jim Morrison.

Saltandgin
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Saltandgin »

Amen.

I am not mad, I am just interested in freedom, good luck

- Jim Morrison.
--ED: You know what we should do tomorrow? Keep drinkin’. We’ll have a Bloody Mary first thing, have a bite at the King’s Head, a couple at the Little Princess, we’ll stagger back here--Bang! We’re back at the bar for shots. How’s that for a slice of fried gold?

Rob
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Rob »

I enjoy drinking. It loosens people up and stimulates conversation. Somehow it's like gambling; you go out for a night of drinking, and you don't know where you'll end up the next morning. It could be good, it could be a disaster. It's a throw of the dice. The difference between suicide and slow capitulation.

-Jim Morrison

Jaime
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Jaime »

I drink to talk to... the wife, mom, the kids (all thousand of them), my boss, the local whore, a couple of boozed up friends, and sam malone.
Ezekiel 23:20

Saltandgin
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Saltandgin »

Rob wrote:I enjoy drinking. It loosens people up and stimulates conversation. Somehow it's like gambling; you go out for a night of drinking, and you don't know where you'll end up the next morning. It could be good, it could be a disaster. It's a throw of the dice. The difference between suicide and slow capitulation.

-Jim Morrison
Love that one.
--ED: You know what we should do tomorrow? Keep drinkin’. We’ll have a Bloody Mary first thing, have a bite at the King’s Head, a couple at the Little Princess, we’ll stagger back here--Bang! We’re back at the bar for shots. How’s that for a slice of fried gold?