Rompin' Ronnie Hawkins

Post your favorite quips of wino wisdom here.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Rompin' Ronnie Hawkins

Post by peetie44 »

Pearls from The Hawk.

To an eager young groupie: "Come on over here, darlin', and have some of these pills...an' here's some Scotch to wash 'em down with."

His standard opening speech to his audience: "Folks, drink up and be somebody! The more you drink the better we sound...sometimes you gotta drink alot!"

On being introduced to the new husband of a girlfriend of many years prior: "Oooh darlin' -- so I guess a blow-job for oldtime's sake is completely out of the question?"

On introducing a prospective blind date to a buddy: "Her pussy would turn King Kong into a spider monkey!"
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: Rompin' Ronnie Hawkins

Post by coqui_chris »

Got any more?
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

Labatt_50
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Labatt_50 »

Fuck what a great guy, the first place he played in Canada was my dad's favorite bar in my hometown. Thing is though, i mean the guy leaves the south to settle in fucking Peterborough? It's the same fucking deal but the swamps freeze every year.

tomodon
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by tomodon »

As Robbie Robertson said in The Last Waltz: "The Hawk! Ronnie Hawkins!". Great guy indeed.

Andyk12
Souse
Souse

Post by Andyk12 »

I'm good friends with the Hawks drummer, Jeff. I used to play around Toronto with Jeff's brother in a rock band that never made it anywhere. Jeff told me that the Hawk isn't doing so great anymore financially - that when he moved into his 'mansion' the Hawk drank all of his booze and smoked all of his pot.

Good times indeed.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Andyk12 wrote:I'm good friends with the Hawks drummer, Jeff. I used to play around Toronto with Jeff's brother in a rock band that never made it anywhere. Jeff told me that the Hawk isn't doing so great anymore financially - that when he moved into his 'mansion' the Hawk drank all of his booze and smoked all of his pot.

Good times indeed.
Andy, what's Jeff's last name?

Of course, I doubt I'll know him...I played with Hawkins in 1980.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

coqui_chris wrote:Got any more?
"I hate to rehearse. If I had a choice, I'd rather jack-off a mountain lion with a handful of fish hooks than rehearse."

Once, when we were on the road, of the guys (Wayne/bass player) was banging this chick on the floor of his room in an old Ontario hotel. Suddenly he hears a semi-whispered voice, "Wayne!" Then, he heard it again, "Wayne!" Finally, Wayne looks over at the wall and sees Ronnie looking at him through the heater-grate (it's at floor-level), as his room shared a heating duct with Ronnie's room. Hawkins had removed the grate from his side and was watching the action.

"Wayne...put it in her pooper, son...she'll like that."

Don't get me started on Hawkins stories, though.

JohnnyT

Post by JohnnyT »

peetie44 wrote:
Don't get me started on Hawkins stories, though.

I think you already have. Keep going.