Can't Help It - Quote Barrage

Post your favorite quips of wino wisdom here.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

spoonturtle37
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Can't Help It - Quote Barrage

Post by spoonturtle37 »

Sorry if any of these have already appeared here.

"Beware of the man who does not drink." - Proverb

"Water, taken in moderation, cannot hurt anybody." - Mark Twain

"A productive drunk is the bane of moralists." - Unknown

"The worst thing about some men is that when they are not drunk they are undrunk." - William Butler Yeats

"Alcohol is the anesthesia by which we endure the operation of life." - George Bernard Shaw

"To one large turkey add one gallon of vermouth and a demijohn of Angostura bitters. Shake." - F. Scott Fitzgerald, as a recipe for a turkey cocktail

"I can't die until the government finds a safe place to bury my liver." - Phil Harris

"I've never been drunk, but I've often been overserved." - George Gobel

"I have to think hard to name an interesting man who does not drink." - Richard Burton

"I always wake up at the crack of ice." - Joe E. Lewis
"Don't Try"

Martini Time
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Re: Can't Help It - Quote Barrage

Post by Martini Time »

Looks like you've been reading the quotes painted just below the ceiling at the local BevMo™. Wait a second... George Gobel wasn't one of those quoted.....

Nice barrage.
"Martinis are a balm against a sordid world, a shield against all that is sullied, rushed and coarse"

BroderickRogosky
Tippler
Tippler

Post by BroderickRogosky »

Marrtini Time wrote:Looks like you've been reading the quotes painted just below the https://pewarriors.com/my-sizegenetics- ... nd-results ceiling at the SizeGenetics local BevMo™. Wait a second... George Gobel wasn't one of those quoted.....

Nice barrage.
Ha ha. Quality stuff. I love the one about the liver.

Reading all that has made me thirsty...
Last edited by BroderickRogosky on Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:10 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Surreal
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Surreal »

I was drinking w/ a friend from CA recently. We shared stories from bars we'd been in. This is the story he told of a grizzled cowboy drinking in a bar in CA. The cowboy had been there awhile, was over-served and was being thrown out by the bouncer. After being asked to leave, my friend heard him say the following, and I quote:

"I ain't leaving because I ain't never been here before. And you can kiss my ass, that's what you are. And I'm just the guy to do it. Dont 'cha."

And he wandered off into the night.

I can't attest to the validity of the story as we were pretty soused as we exchanged stories, but it seemed post-worthy.
fuck em man, it ain't easy walkin the righteous path.
- Hoss